Lindsey Granger...Don't Forget Her Name...Just Watch This
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Article from a Colorado reporter who had a connection with the accuser:

https://www.westword.com/news/kobe-bryant-death-and-redemption-after-colorado-controversy-11621454

Quote:
Kobe’s Redemption after Eagle Colorado Controversy

The only view I would disagree with the reporter is that the accuser was definitely looking at a payday:

https://www.foxnews.com/story/docs-kobe-accuser-discussed-award-money

Quote:
Kobe’s Accuser told friends she wanted to open a Recording Studio and buy a Koala Bear and Breast Implants for her and a friend with Award Money before the Start of Trial

If you were a rape victim, wouldn’t you want to see your attacker jailed? She didn’t care about any of that, she wanted the award money and told her friends months before the trial was even set to start. In the end, she got what she really wanted, a civil lawsuit and $2.5 million, enough to buy her breast implants and koala bear.

Kobe was only accused and that was it. He’s probably a victim of this as well.

Case was dropped by the prosecutor because the evidence and testimonies of the accuser’s own friends and co-workers were damming her. More damming was that the accuser confessed to lying to detectives to make her story more believable. Their only hope was for her to testify which she wouldn’t.

People calling Kobe a rapist are simply put: Idiots. Just shows that they have no clue about the subject. Worst are some of the women (I.e Evan Rachel Woods) who don’t even know details behind the story nor have done any research behind the subject they’re attacking and just hide behind the #MeToo movement assuming every man accused is guilty before proven innocence.

What in the (bleep)ing (bleep)?

That girl is (bleep)ing crazy!

(bleep)!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
GTL wrote:
It's very cut and dry Kevin. It can be settled to avoid a long and drawn out trial. Enough with the insinuations.

Exactly.

Kobe was flying back and forth from Colorado to a Lakers game on the same day, during March, deep into the season playing for Playoff seeding. Kobe a known workaholic couldn’t even get a practice in, he would literally arrive to a game mins before tip-off. The accuser settling for a $2 million payday to drop the case and let all this go away? No brainer. That’s peanut change for Kobe.

Excuse my French, but that woman basically just prostituted herself for $2 mill.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Was the settlement really $2 Million?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Was the settlement really $2 Million?

$2.5 million was the most civil cases in Colorado could award at that time, so most speculated was that’s what she got if not less.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I recall sources claiming it was only $75k at the time. This is the first time I'm hearing that it was $2.5 million. Thanks for the info.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Thats a real (bleep) journalist right there.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Finally saw this clip - wow.

Wow.

Total. Absolute. RESPECT.

And yes - she's a real journalist. We need more like her in this country.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject:

Those of us who were old enough to follow the case intently as we did back then (I was in college) know the details of the case in and out. We've known since way back when that if the case ever went to trial, the prosecution had no chance given all the contradictory statements and lies by the woman, and the fact that her friend was willing to testify against her, which is why they dropped the case. She was wilting under pressure, was unreliable, and they knew the case had fallen apart. The narrative that Kobe settled to sweep it under the rug is just not true. Though he DID settle, it was to squash a civil trial, as that was his best option at the time. A civil trial would've dragged on, with all the sordid details coming out, and Kobe just wanted to end it and get his life back.

(Although if it did go to a criminal trial, Kobe might have been found guilty given the history of racism in that town, which was the scary part. Anyone remember the Eagle County police and the hangman t-shirts?)

The thing is, there are a lot of NBA and Lakers fans right now who are probably in their teens or early to mid 20s who were children back then. All the info about the case that we've known for years was tucked away for the past 17 years. I hope that in death, Kobe's name gets exonerated for the younger generation.

On top of that, and I'm never one to pull the race card, but a 6'6 black man raping a tiny little white girl, with the history of racism in this country, always brings me back to Emmitt Till. Kobe made a mistake, and got caught up in the wrong storm. I'm glad he fought his way through it, lived his life to the fullest, and died knowing the millions upon millions of fans in Laker nation had his back the whole way through.

RIP Mamba.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:07 am    Post subject:

I just keep going back to the Washington Post reporter Felicia Sonmez.

What was she trying to accomplish with her tweet?

I don't support the harsh backlash she got from people on twitter.
And at the same time. She played a stupid game. And she won a stupid prize.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:15 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Those of us who were old enough to follow the case intently as we did back then (I was in college) know the details of the case in and out. We've known since way back when that if the case ever went to trial, the prosecution had no chance given all the contradictory statements and lies by the woman, and the fact that her friend was willing to testify against her, which is why they dropped the case. She was wilting under pressure, was unreliable, and they knew the case had fallen apart. The narrative that Kobe settled to sweep it under the rug is just not true. Though he DID settle, it was to squash a civil trial, as that was his best option at the time. A civil trial would've dragged on, with all the sordid details coming out, and Kobe just wanted to end it and get his life back.

(Although if it did go to a criminal trial, Kobe might have been found guilty given the history of racism in that town, which was the scary part. Anyone remember the Eagle County police and the hangman t-shirts?)

The thing is, there are a lot of NBA and Lakers fans right now who are probably in their teens or early to mid 20s who were children back then. All the info about the case that we've known for years was tucked away for the past 17 years. I hope that in death, Kobe's name gets exonerated for the younger generation.

On top of that, and I'm never one to pull the race card, but a 6'6 black man raping a tiny little white girl, with the history of racism in this country, always brings me back to Emmitt Till. Kobe made a mistake, and got caught up in the wrong storm. I'm glad he fought his way through it, lived his life to the fullest, and died knowing the millions upon millions of fans in Laker nation had his back the whole way through.

RIP Mamba.

Yup and going into a contract year as well. It was definitely a long term play by Kobe and his team / family. Just make the statement and move on. Worked out beautifully. The fact that it’s brought up now I can’t believe it... if you ever want to bring it up bring up the fact that a woman exploited an athlete for $ and got away with it. Oh and she was way out of her league. Score.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:27 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:20 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

She wanted virtue-signalling Twitter clout from the "believe all women" types who think any man accused of something like this is automatically guilty. Twitter and so much of social media is simply toxic and horrible for our society.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

I just know that maggots are waiting for time to pass before they come out looking for his body and to make his legacy about a rape allegation.

Phil Mushnick is a perfect example.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/is-it-safe-to-speak-the-truth-about-kobe-bryant/

I already e-mailed this bastard but I'm not going to keep doing this for everyone like him. It's a waste of time but people better be real careful cause it can get much worse than Gail King has gotten it.

DON'T F**K WITH GRIEVING PEOPLE!!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Like Leslie said, they had 17 years to bring it up. They wait until he's dead to dust it off and preach from their high horse after all the good that he did. Straight up cowards.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:18 am    Post subject:

"Father, Forgive them for they know not what they do"
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject:

This world is filled with imperfect people judging imperfect people.

Last edited by Black20Ice on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject:

As a woman myself, I don't believe the accusation. At most, I would think it was rough sex.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

She wanted virtue-signalling Twitter clout from the "believe all women" types who think any man accused of something like this is automatically guilty. Twitter and so much of social media is simply toxic and horrible for our society.

Self absorbed children masquerading as fair thinking adults
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Lindsey Granger...Don't Forget Her Name...Just Watch This

Black20Ice wrote:
From the top of my mind to the bottom of my heart, I thank her. ♥

Damn. You go, gurl! I love authentic you go moments. That was a game winning playoff trey at the buzzer. I was glad that there weren't more Beckies on attack than there were and that there was strong pushback on the lack of nuance in their attacks.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Case was dropped by the prosecutor because the evidence and testimonies of the accuser’s own friends and co-workers were damming her. More damming was that the accuser confessed to lying to detectives to make her story more believable. Their only hope was for her to testify which she wouldn’t.

I think the most important thing beyond the two parties themselves was that the prosecutor's own expert witness, Dr. Michael Baden, gave a summation of the physical evidence or lack thereof which was exculpatory in nature to the defense's case and the prosecution wasn't forthcoming about that. The prosecution had already pulled a similar trick before this came to light. Then they conducted mock testimony from their client that was inconsistent. They pulled the ripcord, no one else. In some ways, the situation reminded me of Duke Lacrosse, which wound up getting that DA disbarred (a rarity), especially the exculpatory evidence being withheld from the defense and the unrestrained push forward with a client who also admitted lying about relevant facts. It's incumbent upon the prosecutor to diligently vet their client. Nothing in human behavior is 100%.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Granger and now the reporter who wrote this article telling it like it is: https://nypost.com/2020/02/10/kobe-bryant-was-no-rapist/
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone stop and think that maybe one of the reasons he played so pissed off most of the time post Colorado was because he was innocent of these charges and being called rapist by opposing fans everywhere he went despite the fact that he didn’t commit these atrocious acts?

Nobody can ever be innocent because we say so. That’s the narrative by these hacks. I would be damn furious too. The fact that he was able to keep enough composure to win more titles is a testament to his will.

Greatest of all time because of the adversity he overcame.

The man is gone. But the standards they’ve always set for him aren’t.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
I just know that maggots are waiting for time to pass before they come out looking for his body and to make his legacy about a rape allegation.

Phil Mushnick is a perfect example.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/is-it-safe-to-speak-the-truth-about-kobe-bryant/

I already e-mailed this bastard but I'm not going to keep doing this for everyone like him. It's a waste of time but people better be real careful cause it can get much worse than Gail King has gotten it.

DON'T F**K WITH GRIEVING PEOPLE!!

He even dusted off the gay slur incident from 2011 and didn't provide any perspective on that. He either did that on purpose or was blithely unaware of the circumstances as you can bet the Beckies were who attacked him as an "R". Kobe said the insult to himself in a moment of anger and the camera just happened to be panned in on his face and they fined him for it. It wasn't audible, they fined him for the lip-read version. But I'm sure that slime never in his life thought or muttered to himself an inappropriate insult in a moment of anger. I'm positive he never F'd up in his entire life and has always been totally respectful in thought and deed without fail. And in his world, you can NEVER redeem yourself for a random ignorant moment. I'm sure he also thinks it completely impossible that Kobe could've felt bad about that after the fact. Standard hypocrite.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

1) Don't forget the racial implications of that trial. At that time it was a very racist place, and a rich black man in a predominantly white Colorado area is still a black man. They were trying to Emmett Till Kobe. If the reports of the accuser bragging about the sex and money are true, people need to shut the (bleep) up about it.

2) We're extremely fortunate it didn't happen during the twitter and social media era, where everyone is presumed guilty before innocent. A single accusation can ruin a person's career, and there no safeguards in place for determining credibility of accusations. The #metoo movement has been such a bloody disgrace since Amber Heard and Asia Argento admitted to their transgressions of domestic abuse and sexual assault. She cut off Depp's finger ffs and people in that movement are still siding with her. Some of those people are using it to hide behind their own transgressions. I wouldn't trust any of them with a dead dog.

3) The people attacking Kobe during this month of black history are absolute filth.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

This lawyer (who happens to be female, not that it matters), lays it down perfectly -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDZe7dJiCf8

"You can't in confidence call him a rapist if his own accuser is unwilling to get on the stand and say he raped me"

EXACTLY!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: