Vogel - Great Job
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

2nd unit offense has no plays outside of "let Rondo do crazy stuff" and "let Kuz try to play like a guard"
hmmmm
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Vogel, what the actual (bleep) are you doing with those rotations?????
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Vogel is starting to crack.

He needs to bench Rondo for good.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Well, how about cook for rondo?
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Bad last 2 games
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

This team just seems weird mentally. When they play bad teams, they always cover for their mistakes by turning into the greatest 3 point shooting team of all time but they consistently fail to reach that gear against decent teams.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

They just aint right, right now. They just looked emotionally drained.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully there's a change in mentality coming up after the ASB. Are they still not practicing? If not, that might explain the weird slippage in areas where they were very good to start the year. But if they've actually been practicing, it clearly hasn't had anything to do with offense. They're beating themselves by doing nothing about it. It's painful to watch.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

he is so terrible. If I'm the coach I would have Daniels and KCP constantly running around trying to get open. Have our bigs setting picks right under the rim for them... there is just not enough action. Even against the Gleague warriors our offense just couldn't really take off until the 3rd. The ball needs to swing side to side. BTW caruso has been playing amazing.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Offense is dog crap and what in the hell did Quinn Cook do to get zero playing time against his old team? Is he hurt?

Lastly, F Rondo...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

The team was foretasted to win 51 games and lose 31 going into the season. With Vogel as it's coach and post-giving up 2 starters and a rotation player for AD trade, and signing role players in FA .... in most "experts" forecasts.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27426015/nba-preseason-predictions-our-experts-picks-2019-20

We are 38-12. We are on pace to win about 60 games this year. I know RS wins are not what the Lakers tradition is about, however this is not where most expected the Lakers to be. The moment we have hit a rut, which ALL contending teams do outside of a few in league history, to turn on the coach is pretty ridiculous. It has been an emotionally demanding and long season. The team needs a break and to get to this ASB. Frank knows this.

Truth is the team after we missed out on Kawhi, and signed role players, was expected to be a 2nd round and 50-52 win team at best. So why are people who never believed in Frank Vogel pr this team to begin with now acting as if they should be way better than they are? They actually are way better than expected. The expectations have gone from 2nd round to WCF, to now championship or major failure. I give credit to the coaches and team to have the same expectations that would have been place had we signed Kawhi. Despite missing out on Kawhi, we are expected to do exactly the sme as if he signed. That's because this team has exceeded expectations based on how they went about this season.

Hoping they can get some rest in the ASB. Frank can look over some things in the break about his rotations and schemes and close out the RS strong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject:

The team was foretasted to win 51 games and lose 31 going into the season. With Vogel as it's coach and post-giving up 2 starters and a rotation player for AD trade, and signing role players in FA .... in most "experts" forecasts.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27426015/nba-preseason-predictions-our-experts-picks-2019-20

We are 38-12. We are on pace to win about 60 games this year. I know RS wins are not what the Lakers tradition is about, however this is not where most expected the Lakers to be. The moment we have hit a rut, which ALL contending teams do outside of a few in league history, to turn on the coach is pretty ridiculous. It has been an emotionally demanding and long season. The team needs a break and to get to this ASB. Frank knows this.

Truth is the team after we missed out on Kawhi, and signed role players, was expected to be a 2nd round and 50-52 win team at best. So why are people who never believed in Frank Vogel pr this team to begin with now acting as if they should be way better than they are? They actually are way better than expected. The expectations have gone from 2nd round to WCF, to now championship or major failure. I give credit to the coaches and team to have the same expectations that would have been place had we signed Kawhi. Despite missing out on Kawhi, we are expected to do exactly the sme as if he signed. That's because this team has exceeded expectations based on how they went about this season.

Hoping they can get some rest in the ASB. Frank can look over some things in the break about his rotations and schemes and close out the RS strong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Because it's not about the record, it's about how we're playing, specifically on offense for me.. good is the enemy of great.. our offensive scheme is not even good! we're just getting wins... so regular season wins, also the enemy of great, sometimes lol.
I actually was happy we hired Vogel, I saw some of the plays he ran and I believed in him; as well as him saying he studied the modernization of the game in his year off --- he comes here and we're running a 2003 offense. I gotta call it how I see it, visually...because everything else doesn't matter when we play the top teams, it comes down to ya know - how it looks/executes.. and against great teams it hasn't been pretty.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Would a team in 2003 be taking as many 3 pointers as we are, and scoring as many points as the Lakers are? We are one the teams that run the most in terms of getting baskets early and also getting those transition chances. We also shoot a great deal of 3s.

the fact is the reason that comes up is that we do a lot of post entries, something most teams are not doing anymore. Outside of the Sixers in the East, and Spurs the last decade, most playoff successful teams have completely gone away from post entry basketball in the halfcourt. We do that, but it is also because we have two of the biggest mismatches in the league in the post in AD and Lebron.

Think what we do wrong is we settle for the lazy easy play which is the isolation or post entry using Lebron-AD very late in the shotclock without much planning or spacing. Instead we should first create some movement in the offense then target the post entry or isolation mismatch using the motion. I have seen both. When we do the latter it works very well. When we do the former it requires AD and Lebron to be super human.

I just want to know how many teams without a pick and roll PG run great modern offenses in the NBA right now. Virtually every team in the NBA that has a strong NBA O rating has a really good or great pnr player - the Lakers are the only team in the NBA who does not have that kind of player and still have a strong O rating. IMO, what they are doing is keeping things simple and focusing on ball movement after the star catches the ball, causing help to come from D. It may be too simplistic a plan, but it is not like this team has a lot of shot creators or has the kind of PG PnR talent like Harden, Westbrook, Lillard, Kemba, etc.

What this team is - is what you see. Lebron creates, AD finishes inside, and 3 point shooters around them. Bigs crash the boards. There is not a whole lot else to this team, core wise. Sometimes Kuzma plays like an all-star or stud 6th man, but it is far from consistent. What I like about this team on offense is guys know their role and who eats first second etc. This is a team that plays within its limits. Something important IMO.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

We can’t blame Vogel for the offense. He has got the best from this roster. LeBron creates, AD finishes, Green on the perimeter, Bradley gets a lot of mid range opportunities. There are KCP, Kuzma and Rando out of the bench.

We’re missing a killer. But that’s not Vogel’s fault.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Laker Files
@LakerFiles
Rockets are officially 0-2 since winning their regular season championship vs the Lakers

Quote:
pickuphoop
@pickuphoop

Rockets shot 19/42 (45.2%) from 3 vs Lakers.

They have gone 26/90 (28.9%) from 3 since.

It happens
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
The Laker Files
@LakerFiles
Rockets are officially 0-2 since winning their regular season championship vs the Lakers

Quote:
pickuphoop
@pickuphoop

It happens

yeah, it's why I didn't freak out like some.. We still should have won it and obviously played sloppy but the Rockets are about the same as previous years just shorter where they pretty much live and die by the 3. I expect no consistency once again when the Playoffs roll around.

Same kind of thing happened against the Bucks, Giannis had one of if not his best 3 point shooting game of his career. Absolutely zero chance he will shoot like that for an entire series, he's clearly improving from deep but not 5-8 improved (31% on the season). You take a couple of those 3's away and that game is completely different. I see some people saying we'd lose for sure against the Bucks or Clippers and i'm not seeing that at all, especially once the rotations tighten up for the Playoffs. I can understand people saying they're deeper then us or even saying they are better but to say we have no chance is a bit ridiculous imo.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

The team stopped playing defense a while ago and is playing at a .500 pace. Things ebb and flow during the season and who we are now isn’t who we were at the beginning of the season. I had thought that we win 49-50 games and I think we end up winning a few more. We have seen no adjustments from the coaching staff and I think that has no effect in the regular season but sinks us in the playoffs.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

As Professional as these boys and men are the death of Kobe is still unsettled in all of their cells. Not trying to find excuses but when a Basketball God dies and you play for His team it is an unfathomable experience the closer your connection is to him.

As Valentines Day approaches some will be shook again when they imagine what Vanessa is going through on that day.. and they will.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
The Laker Files
@LakerFiles

Quote:
pickuphoop
@pickuphoop

It happens

No Westbrook vs the Suns. He was the best player in the court vs the Lakers. Pringles was smart enough to figure out how to unlock him. We’ll be better prepared next time.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

gotta stop playing LBJ and Rondo together. It negates both players effectiveness.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

In addition to Lebron, this team relies heavily on their defensive ‘A’ game.

When they bring the defense, they give themselves a chance. 55ish type win team.

When they don’t have the defensive A game, they can lose to anyone and generally beat the lesser teams on LBJ/AD star talent.

They can compete against better teams when engaged defensively, but when they don’t bring that intensity and mindset, they get punched in the face and or blown out and don’t recover. Celtics, Bucks, etc.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

Stop making every guard into having to be Lebron out there and draw up some plays for them to run instead.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
gotta stop playing LBJ and Rondo together. It negates both players effectiveness.

Yes, that’s a head scratcher, Rondo is ok with him but horrible without.
Wish he was off the team!
HC: Riley
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Stop making every guard into having to be Lebron out there and draw up some plays for them to run instead.

It speaks a lot about Vogel's ability that he basically tells Rondo "play Rondo ball until Bron gets back," as if that's a real solution in any year besides 2011.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27
Jump to: