OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1879, 1880, 1881 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
55 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
55 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:
Two all-stars within 2 seasons of the Lakers giving them up. Russell and Ingram.

Meanwhile, they traded for a guy who makes the All-Star team every year, while it remains to be seen that either will become players of that caliber. Russell didn't even make it this year.

His comment had nothing to do with AD and you know that. Some of you insist on diminishing the current value of our former prospects by comparing them to a future HOF.

The point is if we did a better job of developing our prospects we wouldn't have had to part with so many of them to get an AD deal done.

We'd be in a much better position to contend for a title at present if that were the case.

It has everything to do with AD. We didn’t just cut them because we thought they weren’t any good. We created cap space and traded them for much better parts.

It's not about AD.. it's about how much they had to give up to acquire him. This should be simple to understand..

If the Lakers did a better job of developing their talent, we would have more assets at present.

You're arguing about something completely different now. Comment was made that we "gave them up", which we didn't since we got the better player. You're arguing that we didn't develop them properly, which is valid.

Age is also a crucial part of development. We knew BI would be a star, he just needed time to grow into one.

I'm not.. Look at my first response.

This was your first response.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
55 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
55 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:
Two all-stars within 2 seasons of the Lakers giving them up. Russell and Ingram.

Meanwhile, they traded for a guy who makes the All-Star team every year, while it remains to be seen that either will become players of that caliber. Russell didn't even make it this year.

His comment had nothing to do with AD and you know that. Some of you insist on diminishing the current value of our former prospects by comparing them to a future HOF.

The point is if we did a better job of developing our prospects we wouldn't have had to part with so many of them to get an AD deal done.

We'd be in a much better position to contend for a title at present if that were the case.

It has everything to do with AD. We didn’t just cut them because we thought they weren’t any good. We created cap space and traded them for much better parts.

It's not about AD.. it's about how much they had to give up to acquire him. This should be simple to understand..

If the Lakers did a better job of developing their talent, we would have more assets at present.

You're arguing about something completely different now. Comment was made that we "gave them up", which we didn't since we got the better player. You're arguing that we didn't develop them properly, which is valid.

Age is also a crucial part of development. We knew BI would be a star, he just needed time to grow into one.

Not only time, but the space to be a playmaker/creator. With LBJ, tougher to get there.

The space & lack of pressure in a small market help but he also got good looks with the defense focused on Lebron.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject:

We keep moving the goal posts when it comes to this kid. Last year wasn’t all we were hearing was that his numbers were better with Lebron off the floor. Now it’s he got good looks with defense focused on Lebron, which is it?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
55 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
55 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:

You said I'm arguing about something completely different now.. I'm saying the exact same thing I said in my first response. Look at the entire post.

This exchange is starting to feel stupid.. What I'm saying is pretty clear.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
We keep moving the goal posts when it comes to this kid. Last year wasn’t all we were hearing was that his numbers were better with Lebron off the floor. Now it’s he got good looks with defense focused on Lebron, which is it?

He's not that good..

Oh he's good now but he doesn't fit..

Oh he fits now, but he can't play with Bron..

He can play with Bron but Kuz, and Ball are better compliments so he should come of the bench or get traded..

He's good now but wouldn't have been as good if he stayed here.. Why they say this is odd to me considering how he ended his season with the Lakers..

It'll always be something lol..
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject:

If you ask me, Lebron not selecting BI for his all star team says A LOT about last year locker room
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
If you ask me, Lebron not selecting BI for his all star team says A LOT about last year locker room

It's an exhibition game.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

It's an exhibition game.

Last year year they were teammates and it's BI's first all star.
If you have some love for him, maybe those are a couple of good reasons to choose him over tatum
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
55 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
55 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
55 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:

You said I'm arguing about something completely different now.. I'm saying the exact same thing I said in my first response. Look at the entire post.

This exchange is starting to feel stupid.. What I'm saying is pretty clear.

SoCal gets it ^_^
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

I was hoping Lebron picked him first from the reserves.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

It's an exhibition game.

If you have some love for him, maybe those are a couple of good reasons to choose him over tatum

Valid observation/deduction..
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

It's an exhibition game.

Valid observation/deduction..

This was the first thing I saw when he skipped on bi. Brandon has had several good games against Giannis. He seems like the type of dude who remembers stuff like that. Gobert, giannis, BI front court 😳. Literally take up around 23’ of the court with their wingspan lmao
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject:

I love BI and all, but Lebron doesn’t owe him anything. It’s just an All-Star game.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I love BI and all, but Lebron doesn’t owe him anything. It’s just an All-Star game.

I think you’re missing the point entirely.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I think you’re missing the point entirely.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
I still recall road fans chanting to Ingram during ft's last year: "Lebron's gonna trade you."
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
I still recall road fans chanting to Ingram during ft's last year: "Lebron's gonna trade you."

And the kid made em both. That whole trade fiasco helped BI imo. He no longer was deferring. It was as if he realized “If they’re gone trade me regardless, I may as well play my way and stop trying to just fit in.”

Proud of the kid
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram Makes Initial Olympic Team Roster: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1226898689274339328?s=20
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Brandon Ingram Makes Initial Olympic Team Roster: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1226898689274339328?s=20

That's awesome. Can't believe Kuz/Jav made it.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Bam is so legit. Good for him. And good for Javale, I hope he makes it. Would be fun to see his athleticism in short bursts, surrounded by premier talent.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject:

His off-ball defense is repulsive.. What's sad is I don't think he even knows how ridiculously bad it is. Tired of seeing that from him..
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Strong performance from Bi and Zion tonight. Unable to close,.. but these are the games they’ll learn from going forward. The pels are gonna be a tough team going forward.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram with a near 50/40/90 year on 25 PPG 6 Rebounds 4 Assists, at 22 years old.

Great stuff.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Brandon Ingram with a near 50/40/90 year on 25 PPG 6 Rebounds 4 Assists, at 22 years old.

Great stuff.

He still needs to grow in a few areas..

Runs up the court with his back to the ball handler..
Poor off-ball defense..
Presses on off shooting nights, instead of altering his shot selection and energy in other areas.
Passes are off target as well.

Aside from that he's pretty good for a 22 year old..
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:

Great stuff.

He still needs to grow in a few areas..

Runs up the court with his back to the ball handler..
Poor off-ball defense..
Presses on off shooting nights, instead of altering his shot selection and energy in other areas.
Passes are off target as well.

Aside from that he's pretty good for a 22 year old..

So what do we think his upside is at this point. I still see potential superstar.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1879, 1880, 1881 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1880 of 1885
Jump to: