AVERY BRADLEY (2.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Of Kuzma had 1/2 the grit Bradley has, he would be a much better player. Kuz is very lackadaisical on the floor.

Yeah, really my only huge gripe with Kuzma.. With his length and athletic ability he should be affecting the game in many other ways when his shot is not falling and we've seen it occasionally and it takes the us to another entire level imo but that kind of effort from him is nowhere remotely close to consistent.

Bradley on the other hand kept his position because he still hustled and did other things when he was finding his groove again and now that he has he is a legit 2 way threat. I wish Bradley was a bit better going to the basket and finishing layups because it feels like he's getting blocked every other attempt inside the paint but outside of that he has been great.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Of Kuzma had 1/2 the grit Bradley has, he would be a much better player. Kuz is very lackadaisical on the floor.

Yeah, really my only huge gripe with Kuzma.. With his length and athletic ability he should be affecting the game in many other ways when his shot is not falling and we've seen it occasionally and it takes the us to another entire level imo but that kind of effort from him is nowhere remotely close to consistent.

Bradley on the other hand kept his position because he still hustled and did other things when he was finding his groove again and now that he has he is a legit 2 way threat. I wish Bradley was a bit better going to the basket and finishing layups because it feels like he's getting blocked every other attempt inside the paint but outside of that he has been great.

It's grit, but it's also IQ.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I've always enjoyed watching Bradley play. Tough as nail and above all, (nearly) no stupid mistake.

How could we not appreciate a player who gives 110% effort ALL THE TIME? To the point I've almost forgiven that he is an ex Celtic.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
hype wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

It's grit, but it's also IQ.

No doubt, there's a reason you sometimes dont even notice Bradley or Green on the floor.. They just get it done with very minimal to no mistakes most nights.

Kuzma on the other hand you will always know he's on the floor for the extreme bad and good. I kind of came to grips that Kuzma will probably never be an intelligent high iq player though so I just want to see some more consistent hustle and that will make the bone headed playsmuch easier to stomach.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Whats up with his blond hair though?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
I've always enjoyed watching Bradley play. Tough as nail and above all, (nearly) no stupid mistake.

How could we not appreciate a player who gives 110% effort ALL THE TIME? To the point I've almost forgiven that he is an ex Celtic.

When he punches a Celtic, then he is forgiven.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject:

I liked Bradley and Cook as additions this past offseason.
Bradley looks good right now. Similar to how he looked right before getting injured earlier this season. If he can stay healthy. It'll go a long way towards keeping our #1 seed heading into the playoffs.

Cook hasn't really been given enough of a chance IMO. But I'm not in practice, so all I can do is trust the coaching staff's judgement.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:28 am    Post subject:

If you said Avery sucks and should be traded, I would like you to put your name on the "list"
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject:

Slowly getting his 3PT% up

If he keeps it he'll be shooting 40% come playoff time
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
If you said Avery sucks and should be traded, I would like you to put your name on the "list"

I'll cop that, although I was an advocate for trading him back when he was shooting under 30% from deep, which is completely unacceptable

Shooting 37% from three now, has turned into one of our most important players over this last stretch of games. Hopefully he keeps it up in the playoffs
#18 next...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Imo heโ€™s the key guy for point of attack defense. We saw the slippage when he was injured.

Him making 3s at 35-37% is ๐Ÿ‘€
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject:

You don't forget how to shoot. Avery Bradley is a championship player. I've always believed in him because I understand fit. This is the perfect role for him.

I've told many people here that he needs to be considered the clear third option in the starting lineup and been laughed at.

I made a post months ago that simply said, "I believe in Avery Bradley." Good to see him becoming the guy in this role I always thought he be.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
You don't forget how to shoot. Avery Bradley is a championship player. I've always believed in him because I understand fit. This is the perfect role for him.

I've told many people here that he needs to be considered the clear third option in the starting lineup and been laughed at.

I made a post months ago that simply said, "I believe in Avery Bradley." Good to see him becoming the guy in this role I always thought he be.

No disrespect to Bradley or yourself, but heโ€™s never won an NBA Championship.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
cannga11 wrote:

When he punches a Celtic, then he is forgiven.

cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Wow!!! He's getting better with every game since returning from the injury.

Shinning ever more brightly.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

When I call someone a championship player, I am stating that he has the intangibles to mightily contribute to a championship rotation and roster.

Guys lIle Avery Bradley, Lonzo Ball, Shawn Livingston, Brian Shaw, Derek Fisher, Matt Barnes, and many others are championship players.

Guys like Whiteside, Harden, JR Rider, are not.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
Wow!!! He's getting better with every game since returning from the injury.

Shinning ever more brightly.

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Bradley's relentless defense leads to wins as far as I can tell.

It is contagious and a trademark of this year's fantastic team.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Bradley's relentless defense leads to wins as far as I can tell.

It is contagious and a trademark of this year's fantastic team.

Just the ultimate professional, key piece for this team.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject:

His 3 ball has been looking good the last few weeks
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Bradley's stats since Jan. 1 (not including tonight's game):

9.4 points and 0.8 steals in 22.8 minutes on 49.0% shooting and 47.1% 3-point shooting.

This is the Avery Bradley I was hoping we were getting when we signed him this summer.

If he keeps this up, it's almost like us adding him to the roster at midseason without giving anything up.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

When I call someone a championship player, I am stating that he has the intangibles to mightily contribute to a championship rotation and roster.

Guys lIle Avery Bradley, Lonzo Ball, Shawn Livingston, Brian Shaw, Derek Fisher, Matt Barnes, and many others are championship players.

Guys like Whiteside, Harden, JR Rider, are not.

The irony is that our dear friend JR Rider won a championship with us of all teams willing to take the vet minimum instead of joining Pat Riley in Miami for more money. I dont agree on Harden...at least the OKC Harden. That dude was willing to play as a role player and while his offense was already miles ahead of the starter Thabo Sefolosha, his defense when I watched him play Kobe (meaning when he is locked in) was also pretty good and not that far off from Thabo. The players I would add to the not championship DNA list include: Smush - for obvious reasons, Stojakovic - for being a notorious choker in his prime even though he won with Dallas, The old Dwight Howard, Eddie Jones - ditto as Stojakovic too much choking and being a mentally weak player despite his prodigious talent, Kwame, Ceballos - no defense, not particularly clutch and questionable shooting ability. Last but not least Andrew Bynum. Take it from a guy who believes Bynum was the ideal mix of Shaq and Duncan in January 2008 and January 2009. Great luxury player but you take him out and replace him with a lesser talent like Turiaf we dont lose any of the 2 titles. This guy did not really love bball and had a questionable attitude towards the game itself.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject:

Is it just me or his shots rarely touches the rim when it goes in... Seems like always nothing but net.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Is it just me or his shots rarely touches the rim when it goes in... Seems like always nothing but net.

And they also have no arc. The shots just kind of fall in. Hope he keeps it up.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Guys, what happen to the thread that asked, what good is AB. Or something disparaging like that.

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 37 of 62
Jump to: