Kobe’s Last Moments Detailed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

I was at Fashion Island that afternoon with my wife and son.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
If planes were grounded why did the pilot fly????

So Kobe's party even saw the grounded passengers at the airport yet they still determined to fly. I can only guess this pilot had flown in this condition before and Kobe had the utmost trust and confidence in his pilot that he allowed the pilot to take off.

It says right there on the article:

Quote:
The company that Zobayan was working for, Island Express, was not certified to fly with instruments, so he had to rely on Visual Flight Rules (VFR) or Special VFR in certain circumstances.

Ultimately, it was up to Zobayan to decide whether it was safe to take off, not authorities or air traffic controllers. It is not clear whether he consulted with management at Island Express, but friends said that he might have felt pressured to fly since he had a celebrity client.

They also noted that Zoboyan likely thought he could land or turn back if the weather worsened on the way. Finally, the pilot would have been familiar with this trip, having made it the day before with Bryant.

What I'm having a hard time understanding, is that if normal planes were grounded because the weather was deemed unsafe, why would a helicopter not follow the same protocol? The more I look into this the more I feel this could have been prevented. Even when I drive, all it takes is for one person to make a mistake for someone to die.

I've been wondering the same thing since day 1. I can only speculate that the pilot was overconfident in his ability to handle these conditions especially he had just flown the same route the day before. It's the pilot's call wether he would want to fly or not and Kobe just trusted whatever his pilot had decided.

At 5:30 in this video, on Saturday he actually flew a different route than he did on Sunday due to the fog.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
Damn so LeBron spoke to him again the morning of. And than to find out on the flight back to LA what had happen..

Freaking nuts. Uggh

Yeah, and we now know why Lebron was so distraught on the tarmac back in LA. Even though some folks here said it was just a photo op. Smh

I can't even imagine being IN A PLANE hearing the news..yes they're the safest but I think hearing this person just died due to plane crash could really freak people out.

Life is such a gift.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Watching tonight’s new Backstage Lakers episode, seeing LeBron, Quinn, and Dwight in tears as they pay tribute to Kobe... ooh
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
Damn so LeBron spoke to him again the morning of. And than to find out on the flight back to LA what had happen..

Freaking nuts. Uggh

Yeah, and we now know why Lebron was so distraught on the tarmac back in LA. Even though some folks here said it was just a photo op. Smh

I can't even imagine being IN A PLANE hearing the news..yes they're the safest but I think hearing this person just died due to plane crash could really freak people out.

Life is such a gift.

I was flying back from LGB (but my family lives in OC) to Austin when I found back. I literally just landed and my gf texted me the news. It didn't get around to ESPN yet so I was hoping it was a hoax but we all know what happened next. I immediately thought, wow, this could of been me as I was just flying myself.
kevin_405
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe’s Last Moments Detailed

This is so telling. Tells u atleast he died in peace having resolved his differences with Shaq.

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Bryant then sent an private Instagram message to Shareef O'Neal, son of Shaquille O'Neal, at 8:19 a.m. He was apparently just checking in after not hearing from O'Neal for a few months, asking: "You good fam?"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: