THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
But his future now has far more possibilities than it did a year ago. Howard signed a one-year deal with the Lakers that became guaranteed on January 10. He will be a free agent in July and the Lakers have no special advantages in re-signing him.

“I am very happy here,” Howard said of L.A. “I like being here, I am having fun being here. I don’t know what is going to happen in the future but I know I can’t think about that or focus on it. I am just focused on being here.”

Howard has earned a chance to stick with the Lakers, but the question would become, how much are the Lakers willing to pay out for him? Howard surely won’t be available for the veterans’ minimum next summer.

According to one NBA front-office executive, Howard has played well enough this season to early, “a good part,” of a team’s mid-level exception. The exception is expected to be worth $9.7 million and if Howard can command a deal at about $7 million, he would either chew up most of their limited cap space or take the bulk of the Lakers’ mid-level exception.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/nba-rumors-whats-next-for-dwight-howard-and-the-lakers/

Javale's only making a little over 4 mil. Dwight will get his money on another team next season imo. Hope it's not the Clips.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
But his future now has far more possibilities than it did a year ago. Howard signed a one-year deal with the Lakers that became guaranteed on January 10. He will be a free agent in July and the Lakers have no special advantages in re-signing him.

“I am very happy here,” Howard said of L.A. “I like being here, I am having fun being here. I don’t know what is going to happen in the future but I know I can’t think about that or focus on it. I am just focused on being here.”

Howard has earned a chance to stick with the Lakers, but the question would become, how much are the Lakers willing to pay out for him? Howard surely won’t be available for the veterans’ minimum next summer.

According to one NBA front-office executive, Howard has played well enough this season to early, “a good part,” of a team’s mid-level exception. The exception is expected to be worth $9.7 million and if Howard can command a deal at about $7 million, he would either chew up most of their limited cap space or take the bulk of the Lakers’ mid-level exception.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/nba-rumors-whats-next-for-dwight-howard-and-the-lakers/

Javale's only making a little over 4 mil. Dwight will get his money on another team next season imo. Hope it's not the Clips.

Clips need to worry about re-signing Harrell first. They lose him, and Dwight ain't gonna remotely offset that.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Damn didn't Dwight just seek the Mamba out about advice re: the dunk contest...wonder if he will still participate in Kobe's honor or is too messed up like the rest of us are.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Damn didn't Dwight just seek the Mamba out about advice re: the dunk contest...wonder if he will still participate in Kobe's honor or is too messed up like the rest of us are.

True...
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I give props for Dwight coming back on a non guaranteed minimum partially to "right his wrong" in 2013.

With the news of Kobe's passing. Grab that cape D12... Superman flies one last time!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
I give props for Dwight coming back on a non guaranteed minimum partially to "right his wrong" in 2013.

With the news of Kobe's passing. Grab that cape D12... Superman flies one last time!

With the passing of Kobe and life’s unexplainable events, it made me think Dwight becoming a Laker again happened for a reason.

Still processing but now I think of Dwight and how he was going to ask Kobe if he would participate in the dunk contest.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

I am glad that him and Dwight were able to let that mess go.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Thank goodness Kobe and Dwight made peace at that one game a while back.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

True...

Dwight should come out dressed like Superman, rip off his shirt an reveal his #8 jersey. He should do the same dunk that won Kobe the ‘97 title.
Then he should rip off that jersey, and reveal his #24 and have Shaq throw him the Portland Alleyoop in reverse.
Then for his last dunk, he takes off his jersey and he’s wearing Gigi’s Crossroads jersey. Please Dwight, this would be beautiful!
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

lakeshowtacular wrote:
x75274 wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

True...

Dwight should come out dressed like Superman, rip off his shirt an reveal his #8 jersey. He should do the same dunk that won Kobe the ‘97 title.
Then he should rip off that jersey, and reveal his #24 and have Shaq throw him the Portland Alleyoop in reverse.
Then for his last dunk, he takes off his jersey and he’s wearing Gigi’s Crossroads jersey. Please Dwight, this would be beautiful!

this would be amazing. The all-star game is going to be so full of emotion.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Tough for Dwight. His first season here was when Dr. Buss passed away. Now, Kobe passes. Man, that's tough.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Dave McMenamin
@mcten
Dwight Howard says prior to the accident he got word that Kobe Bryant was indeed going to come to Chicago to join him in the dunk contest to help him on a dunk. Dwight says it’s “heartbreaking” that he never got the chance to tell him how much he appreciated him.

(bleep) man
#18 next...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten
Dwight Howard says prior to the accident he got word that Kobe Bryant was indeed going to come to Chicago to join him in the dunk contest to help him on a dunk. Dwight says it’s “heartbreaking” that he never got the chance to tell him how much he appreciated him.

(bleep) man

Jordan should step up to assist

We are so stupid fortunate to have Dwight as a Laker for the tiny salary we pay him
The jealousy factor from other teams must be nice.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was coming out to help Dwight. WTF… Hurts.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:21 am    Post subject:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28638601/dwight-howard-says-former-teammate-kobe-bryant-death-very-emotional-me

I’m crying again! This hurt 😢
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

I am forever a Howard fan. I know he is going to be huge come playoff time.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

Never in a million years thought I would've liked Howard this much after all that happened in the past LOL...
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Dwight only played 4 mins against this small ball lienup
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:

He should have played a little more, Westbrook killed us at the rim all night.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:

Yup. Shouldve been force feeding him in the post. There's no way they were pushing Dwight off the block like they were pushing AD/Bron
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys think he should start against the 'better' teams? Bucks, Raptors, Clippers, Nuggets, ETC.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Shooting 74% on the season, on pace to beat Wilt's record of 72.7%. Not a lot of volume (3.2/4.3, FGM/FGA), but still impressive. (FWIW, that was a low volume Wilt as well [5.2/7.1].)
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Do you guys think he should start against the 'better' teams? Bucks, Raptors, Clippers, Nuggets, ETC.

He definitely should play more than McGee (which he usually does) and should play as much as Kuz.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I am forever a Howard fan. I know he is going to be huge come playoff time.

That's some serious truth right there!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

He definitely should play more than McGee (which he usually does) and should play as much as Kuz.

There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever he is the better player then McGee now that he is healthy and regaining his form (as much as he can at his age and post surgeries at least). He should def. be getting more then McGee, some nights lately his defense has been rivaling AD's (as a rim protector at least) which I would have never came close to expecting at the beginning of the year.

I like McGee as well but at this point in the season Howard has distanced himself imo. He's been having those "Caruso" moments lately too where he completely changes momentum with his defense at times or some of his bigger alley oops. On top of that he is always cheering every single player on when they show the bench. Unless he gets some ridiculous offer i'm sure the Lakers will be trying hard to bring him back next season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 103 of 137
Jump to: