Did Balmer Pay Off Collison To Stay Retired?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did Balmer Pay Off Collison To Stay Retired?
Yes - he will stop at nothing to beat the Lakers
45%
 45%  [ 19 ]
No - take off the tinfoil hat and sell yourself on Waiter's Island
54%
 54%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 42

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject:

On another note, What's with Balmer flooding Southern California with this "LA our way" propaganda? Along with numerous billboards he has infiltrated the MTA, and he has even gotten to the school systems, as they are giving away free backpacks with the Clipper emblem on it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
On another note, What's with Balmer flooding Southern California with this "LA our way" propaganda? Along with numerous billboards he has infiltrated the MTA, and he has even gotten to the school systems, as they are giving away free backpacks with the Clipper emblem on it.

I think it's great they're giving out a million free backpacks to students from low-income neighborhoods. Hard to imagine how anyone can be against that.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

As someone who shares Collison's beliefs, I can unequivocally say that he did not stay retired due to a bribe to his religious organization. It's clear you do not know what those beliefs are if you actually think money has anything to do with it.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

By the way, Ballmer is not a crooked man. This thread is silly town.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

Threads like this show the Clippers are in our heads. After all, we’re not too worried about what the Hornets are doing.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Threads like this show the Clippers are in our heads. After all, we’re not too worried about what the Hornets are doing.

It depends how you define in our heads.

If it’s a real threat in terms of having the richest owner who is obsessed with winning the chip, a complete 180 from the embarrassing Donald Sterling Clippers then yes they have most Lakers fans attention. At least the ones that see Ballmer makes them a credible, title contending threat.

The people hoping this is the Sterling (bleep) show are going to be disappointed. I really hope Jeanie and Company aren’t relying on “well we are still the Lakers.”
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

If it’s a real threat in terms of having the richest owner who is obsessed with winning the chip, a complete 180 from the embarrassing Donald Sterling Clippers then yes they have most Lakers fans attention. At least the ones that see Ballmer makes them a credible, title contending threat.

The people hoping this is the Sterling (bleep) show are going to be disappointed. I really hope Jeanie and Company aren’t relying on “well we are still the Lakers.”

Oh of course we ought to take the Clippers seriously.

But conspiracy theories like this one is what I mean, and on a different level than simply being concerned with how to deal with them on the court.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

The Hornets don't live right next door, and they aren't in obvious competition for the players we want.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

The Hornets don't live right next door, and they aren't in obvious competition for the players we want.

I’m not talking about Clipper discussion.

I’m talking about CDS.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Oh of course we ought to take the Clippers seriously.

But conspiracy theories like this one is what I mean, and on a different level than simply being concerned with how to deal with them on the court.

Yeah I know tin foil hat theories abound and I think most of it is joking or half joking.

Imo this is simply Collison just not having his heart into it and respect for letting all parties know.

As for Ballmer, this is a competitive business and he will bend and cheat as much as he can just like Red Auerbach did back in the day and I’m sure other owners have done as well, including Dr. Buss.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: