Kobe & Gianna Have Been Laid To Rest
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Feels wrong to read that. Only 41 and 13 years old, man.

Yeah. Every time I feel like I'm over it this just hits me.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Nobody wrote:

This has shaken us to the core. I remember Magic's hiv announcement, it shook us all then because we equated it with a death sentence. Chick Hearn's death shook us too, but it was more expected because of his age, despite the manner in which he died.

But THIS, I will never get over it. I'm 61 man, I've seen some ish in my lifetime; I have a daughter not too much older than Gigi. And every time I see her picture I want to cry. My mind still hears the news, and the emotion of extreme sadness for the families resurfaces, a little less intense each time, but painful as hell to experience.

My prayers and support for them all.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject:

This seriously has not hit me yet
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nobody wrote:

This has shaken us to the core. I remember Magic's hiv announcement, it shook us all then because we equated it with a death sentence. Chick Hearn's death shook us too, but it was more expected because of his age, despite the manner in which he died.

But THIS, I will never get over it. I'm 61 man, I've seen some ish in my lifetime; I have a daughter not too much older than Gigi. And every time I see her picture I want to cry. My mind still hears the news, and the emotion of extreme sadness for the families resurfaces, a little less intense each time, but painful as hell to experience.

Yeah losing Kobe is soul crushing. But losing his daughter with him on that flight. Don't know what's beyond soul crushing. I have a daughter a few years younger than her and I just can't...
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Yeah losing Kobe is soul crushing. But losing his daughter with him on that flight. Don't know what's beyond soul crushing. I have a daughter a few years younger than her and I just can't...

This guy was an all time great athlete, but his higher calling was that of settling into being one of the all time great dads. He really was. He was undertaking special projects for girls especially. He, like us, love our daughters with a love words are too inadequate to use.

Its the part of his legacy we must continue for girls, especially in light of the fact that there are four other girls (using that word respectfully for Vanessa) in the Bryant family who have his work to continue. God bless us all as we seek to do so.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm coping with this poorly. I keep trying to tell myself he was just an entertainment figure, a complete stranger, which doesn't at all reflect what he actually meant to me, but it's the only thing that seems to help me move along. And then to think about Gianna, and to see videos his happy, cute little baby girl who will never know him...(bleep).

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

Kobe & Gianna's Resting Place

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/02/14/13/24739952-8001629-image-a-11_1581687799966.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/02/14/13/24739566-8001629-image-a-12_1581687821759.jpg
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: