THANK YOU Dwight Howard (DH Signs with Philadelphia)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 135, 136, 137  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Shooting 74% on the season, on pace to beat Wilt's record of 72.7%. Not a lot of volume (3.2/4.3, FGM/FGA), but still impressive. (FWIW, that was a low volume Wilt as well [5.2/7.1].)

I think it’s time to trust him and give him so more touches and set some plays for him. Remarkable how he accepted his role and excelled.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

The thing is we do look for him on rolls, but because we do not really have a great driving point guard, Dwight will not be left as much. He sets killer screens, and then creates an opening for Lebron, or any ballhandling guard. Thing is, the defense does not fear those players on the drives (aside from Lebron). This is why Dwight will not get those same chances, unless we go the post up route. And with AD getting the post ups, it then becomes difficult to get Dwight them.

I think what we need is more Lebron-Dwight screen and rolls. We do not see many of them, in part because Dwight is often setting a screen for a wing coming off a curl and if he does set a screen for Lebron, Lebron sees such a big opening he takes the open lane or jumpshot.

Dwight can be a major weapon with Lebron, in screen setting situations. Once Dwight sets that screen, Lebron with the ball in his hands, defenses will not want to deal with that.

I like what Frank did in the last game, which was to bring Rondo in early to play with the starters, and then bring Lebron in with the 2nd unit. This is probably what we should do in the playoffs as well, and then milk some of those Lebron-Dwight pick and rolls.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The thing is we do look for him on rolls, but because we do not really have a great driving point guard, Dwight will not be left as much. He sets killer screens, and then creates an opening for Lebron, or any ballhandling guard. Thing is, the defense does not fear those players on the drives (aside from Lebron). This is why Dwight will not get those same chances, unless we go the post up route. And with AD getting the post ups, it then becomes difficult to get Dwight them.

I think what we need is more Lebron-Dwight screen and rolls. We do not see many of them, in part because Dwight is often setting a screen for a wing coming off a curl and if he does set a screen for Lebron, Lebron sees such a big opening he takes the open lane or jumpshot.

Dwight can be a major weapon with Lebron, in screen setting situations. Once Dwight sets that screen, Lebron with the ball in his hands, defenses will not want to deal with that.

I like what Frank did in the last game, which was to bring Rondo in early to play with the starters, and then bring Lebron in with the 2nd unit. This is probably what we should do in the playoffs as well, and then milk some of those Lebron-Dwight pick and rolls.

^^^^^^^^^^

THIS
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

Spot on!! I vote for more Dwight!!!!!
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Good points.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Nice job on Jokic.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

His Defense is still elite
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject:

I always expect him to get offensive rebounds.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I'll finally give it up for him. Redemption is possible. I hope he's gone after this season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I'll finally give it up for him. Redemption is possible. I hope he's gone after this season.

h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Elite defense onJoker tonight.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Dwight is on pace to break the NBA single-season record for FG%. Wilt has the record at 72.7%.

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1228063598750162944

DH is averaging 73.8%
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'm hoping he means gone for big cash contract

Or forgot to type "not"
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I always felt like we should feature him way more in the low post. The league has gone totally soft and Dwight is one of the few remnants left of old school back to the basket bigs. Why not let him punish these undersized 5's and put the other team into foul trouble? There is nobody in the league that can contain him down-low other than Gobert, Drummond and Embiid. In this era of basketball, Dwight can be a dominant big. And since AD isn't really that guy, I think Dwight should get those touches. He can still bang down low and create havoc/foul trouble for the other team. I'm not advocating for working inside-out like the Shaq days, but when the offense has stalled out in the half-court, I wouldn't mind dumping the ball into Dwight in a deep post-position and let him go to work
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=91FQzuiSjcE

#KungFuPandudz
13thOverallPick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

hm....I remember when peeps were chatting us not going after him....where them receipts at...
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

Hope he’s gone? I think you meant to say hope he’s β€œnot” gone. I will correct you on that. Howard has been outstanding.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Dwight is on pace to break the NBA single-season record for FG%. Wilt has the record at 72.7%.

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1228063598750162944

DH is averaging 73.8%

I rather him not break that stat, and we get him the ball more, a few more post ups and chances on the move, so that he gets to 10-12 points a game, at 65%. He is still elite at scoring around the rim.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I always felt like we should feature him way more in the low post. The league has gone totally soft and Dwight is one of the few remnants left of old school back to the basket bigs. Why not let him punish these undersized 5's and put the other team into foul trouble? There is nobody in the league that can contain him down-low other than Gobert, Drummond and Embiid. In this era of basketball, Dwight can be a dominant big. And since AD isn't really that guy, I think Dwight should get those touches. He can still bang down low and create havoc/foul trouble for the other team. I'm not advocating for working inside-out like the Shaq days, but when the offense has stalled out in the half-court, I wouldn't mind dumping the ball into Dwight in a deep post-position and let him go to work

Not a good idea at all, I am sure that our opponents hope we decide to feature him in the post. There are reasons why teams no longer play that way and the main reason is because no team has won that way in years. And a big reason is mathematics.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

Elite at rebounding, defense, and setting screens (pick and rolls). He doesn't mope when the ball does not go his way and realizes his limitations. PLAYOFF DWIGHT will be HUGE!!!!!!!!!
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

Howard has turned into a must keep.
Without him the Lakers record would be much less.
He anchors the second unit defense. Without him it would
be bad.
A lot of contenders will be going for his services.
Especially the Clippers.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

I hope the minutes at center are split between Dwight and AD in the playoffs. Javale should only play if they are in foul trouble imo and I like javale

AD/Dwight
Lebron/Kuzma
Green
KCP/Caruso
Bradley/rondo

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Hope he’s gone? I think you meant to say hope he’s β€œnot” gone. I will correct you on that. Howard has been outstanding.

That's a terrible typo...lol. Either that or he's a Clipper fan. But yea, nobody would want their best big man gone regardless of what he did in the past.

I expect Howard to resign for vet minimum even though he could get more elsewhere because like I've said from the beginning, he didn't come back because he needed money. He's got enough money to burn.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Glad Dwight is having fun. Make us proud tonight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 104 of 137
Jump to: