Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 922, 923, 924 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

Oh come on I know you dislike Rondo
But both Rondo and Bradley are easily Fisher level.

Fish was not a good PG.
He was a SG at the NBA level that brought some 3 point shooting and toughness. He would do as Phil told him. Apart from with Phil, he was a bonafide career backup.

But times are different I understand that.
Just because not having a drive and kick PG in 2008-11 worked does not mean you do not need one now.

We don’t run the Triangle. So even more reliance on Lebron and AD. I get it. There is a need for that PG.

I get what we need, I just feel that despite the lacking of this player, we have enough 3nD role players that if we play really good defense around Lebron and AD, we can beat the league. It will require the role players to play incredible D and make 3s which is never a given. It’s going to be tough but I can see them do it. I could also see them fail, like I said it all depends on their commitment to defense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Fish was not a good PG.
He was a SG at the NBA level that brought some 3 point shooting and toughness. He would do as Phil told him. Apart from with Phil, he was a bonafide career backup.

Just because not having a drive and kick PG in 2008-11 worked does not mean you do not need one now.

We don’t run the Triangle. So even more reliance on Lebron and AD. I get it. There is a need for that PG.

I get what we need, I just feel that despite the lacking of this player, we have enough 3nD role players that if we play really good defense around Lebron and AD, we can beat the league. It will require the role players to play incredible D and make 3s which is never a given. It’s going to be tough but I can see them do it. I could also see them fail, like I said it all depends on their commitment to defense.

You really think Rondo/AB are sufficient to be the primary playmaker/backup PG when LBJ is out of the game?

AB I can stomach. But Rondo needed to be shelved 20 games ago. I know you're one of his supporters but we've had a nearly 50 game sample size to know he doesn't have it anymore.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Gasol shed the soft label and then some after winning the chip in 2009 and then dominating the Celtics in 2010. He actually had a case for FMVP in 2010. No freaking way we win those rings without his interior defense on Howard/Garnett. Bynum was also a key. I envy those Laker teams.

I miss those Laker teams. Beautiful memories

I thought losing Ariza was a mistake, but we won the next year as well.

Artest was key

Love that crazy MFer

people always say that but that 3 he made in game 7 simply made up for all the poor play he had throughout that series. If he played well we win before game 7. And I have no doubt we would have won with Ariza as well. Hell 2 years earlier a hobbled Ariza single-handily sparked a comeback against the Celtics in the finals until Phil inexplicably pulled him from the game.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Fish was not a good PG.

You really think Rondo/AB are sufficient to be the primary playmaker/backup PG when LBJ is out of the game?

AB I can stomach. But Rondo needed to be shelved 20 games ago. I know you're one of his supporters but we've had a nearly 50 game sample size to know he doesn't have it anymore.

No matter who has ran the Lebron-less Lakers, the offense has been dry. Aside from when Rondo plays well. Such as the OKC game. What we need from Rondo is simply 4-5 minutes a half to orchestrate and organize the offense. The team plays with a QB mentality, and they go from QB 1 to QB 2. Rondo is QB 2. What I like about the last game is Rondo came in earlier with the starters and Lebron came back into the game when the 2nd unit was in.

The 2nd unit usually does not have as much scoring or shot creating talent. Way to solve the 2nd unit dry spells is to perhaps try Howard, Kuzma, KCP, Caruso or Daniels, and Lebron out there when AD sits. Have Lebron sit, when the AD-Green-Bradley (3 starters) are out there in rhythm, and bringing in Rondo then.

All the team can do at this point is think within and internally of ways to keep improving their game, and game management. One of the ways seems to be by having Lebron rest earlier in the game and having Rondo (and Kuzma) play with the starters. Then when you bring Lebron back in, you have your shot creator with the 2nd unit. It was a pretty good change from Frank. Lets see how that plays out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

I really do not think Frank is going to sit there with a thumb in his a-s-s. The guy is a good coach and I am confident he will have a wrinkle or 2 come playoff time that he is not exposing right now. I am sure he is looking at our potential #1 seed like gravy (as we all should). Who would honestly have expected it with a new team and system? The season is going by fast and we have a solid lead. The #1 seed will pay many dividends for us if we hold on.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

AD may look soft sometimes, but this dude can defend like crazy. Teams are trying hard to pull him out the paint
Those clutch 3s...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

He is so deadly.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
AD may look soft sometimes, but this dude can defend like crazy. Teams are trying hard to pull him out the paint
Those clutch 3s...

His clutch defense is crazy. When the Lakers have close games, I have seen him do terrific game saving defensive play multiple times.

Eg. Pelicans steal at end of game, block On last play at kings game.

The Lakers May not have a closer, but they do have a defensive closer.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Those clutch 3s...

His clutch defense is crazy. When the Lakers have close games, I have seen him do terrific game saving defensive play multiple times.

Eg. Pelicans steal at end of game, block On last play at kings game.

The Lakers May not have a closer, but they do have a defensive closer.

Yup. He's often shaky on offense in crunchtime but his D has been great late in games.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Clutch 3s
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I loved that Worthy spin on Joker along the baseline. Beautiful post move, so fluid.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject:

AD and lebron both played 42 minutes tonight, they should be playing close to 40 in the playoffs
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Not just scoring.

Defense. Boards. Running the floor. Being able to be a big guy in this modern era where teams scheme to take bigs off the floor or negate their impact. Yet AD can stay out there due to his elite talent and play in that atmosphere and even thrive.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

This man is an absolute disruptor on defense. Insane to watch him seemingly be everywhere at the same time.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Still gave up too much for him. Dodgers just brought in a recent MVP without having to empty their cupboard while Pelinka got bent over by Griffin.

1978-2020

Last edited by LonzoLegend2 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I loved that Worthy spin on Joker along the baseline. Beautiful post move, so fluid.

My favorite play of the game!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 am    Post subject:

DPOY
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject:

ad straight bully that fat boy. he dont want no parts of him.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
ad straight bully that fat boy. he dont want no parts of him.

I love it when Jokic has that defeated look on his face. Seen it a few times this season.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

Howard allows him to be himself. Mcgee gets push around too much and doesn't understand spacing. When howard sets a screen someone is getting freed up!
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Still gave up too much for him. Dodgers just brought in a recent MVP without having to empty their cupboard while Pelinka got bent over by Griffin.

Baseball trades don't even compare. The Redsox wanted to shed salary to get under the tax, Dodgers took 16 million of Price and are paying 27 million to Mookie.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

Small sample size, but I liked AD's defense vs Greek Freak and Embiid last night. Historically Embiid's bulk gave AD problems when he played for the Pels. And I believe with Dwight by his side he could deal with the Greek Freak and his added muscle (should the Lakers meet either the Bucks or Philly in the Finals).
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Small sample size, but I liked AD's defense vs Greek Freak and Embiid last night. Historically Embiid's bulk gave AD problems when he played for the Pels. And I believe with Dwight by his side he could deal with the Greek Freak and his added muscle (should the Lakers meet either the Bucks or Philly in the Finals).

Yes! He looked great against tough competition.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

poppies wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

Yes! He looked great against tough competition.

AD is a defensive BOSS!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:50 am    Post subject:

Ladies and gentlemen, here's your Defensive Player of the Year
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 922, 923, 924 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 923 of 1425
Jump to: