Lakers players that you've hated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

Rondo- hated him as a Celtic and now he sucks yet gets undeserved minutes ahead of better players on this team
Luke Walton- was teacher pet to PJ and got a bloated contract he didnt deserve which kept the Lakers from signing better players for like half a decade. Took undeserved minutes from better players like Ariza. Plus hated his lazy beach bum attitude when it came to coaching. If he actually forced some real player development onto BI and Ball, we could have got much more value in a trade for them.
Derek Fisher- So overrated. Worst finisher ever in NBA history? Yet kept trying to drive to the hoop without a prayer of it going in. Horrible defense, guards flew right by him. Would abandon him guy to double team some random scrub in the post giving up a wide open kick out. Could not play-make at all... his only redeeming quality was getting out of Kobe's way for the most part. Imagine if Kobe spent most of his career with a better running mate in the back court who could actually take attention away and set him up with some easier opportunities.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Carlos freaking Boozer, man.
I wish I could forget that season.

Remember the post-win to equally putrid Philly selfie feat. Lin, Booze, Hill, and Swaggz?
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
danzag wrote:
Carlos freaking Boozer, man.
I wish I could forget that season.

Remember the post-win to equally putrid Philly selfie feat. Lin, Booze, Hill, and Swaggz?

This one? https://youtu.be/kYuzQfzBMhc

Oh ya, Kobe wasn’t having any of that trash
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Jordan "a thousand jumpers per day" Hill
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

If you had made this thread 18-19 years ago, Rick Fox and Derek Fisher would dominate this list. Remember the days of the f-troop. Time has been kind to Rick Fox and how Laker fans perceive him. Fisher? Not quite. Now onto the list..

The weird thing about Jordan Hill was that he started off his Laker career doing the dirty work. He hustled and played within his limits. And then he decided that he was a shooter and forgot how his roots. If Jordan Hill played the way that he did when he first became a Laker, he might even still be in the league today

One guy that I’ve always wondered WHY was Greg Foster Still have no idea why we ever signed him to begin with. We were just so desperate to have a back-up for Shaq. I’m just glad Ostertag was never a Laker!

Chucky Atkins was one of the worse. He was a decent scorer, but had the attitude of a franchise player. i don’t know why Laker fans hate Smush more than him.

Smush Parker was actually an OK all around basketball player, just a bad attitude. When he put his mind to it, he was more than just adequate (see the steal on Steve Nash to set up the Kobe game winner)
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

As frustrating as he was, Sasha made the two shots that really counted. And look at how Kobe reacts at 1:55 in the video.

Sasha Vujacic seals the deal in Epic Game #7

Horrible quality btw but it’s such a great moment so who cares.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

who needs to hate on laker players, when there are the chowderheads to hate on?
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Surprised we went two and a half pages without a mention of Benoit Benjamin or Jon Barry.

EDIT: Nevermind, GTL mentioned Barry.
KobeDGreatesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Steve Blake
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Rondo- hated him as a Celtic and now he sucks yet gets undeserved minutes ahead of better players on this team
Luke Walton- was teacher pet to PJ and got a bloated contract he didnt deserve which kept the Lakers from signing better players for like half a decade. Took undeserved minutes from better players like Ariza. Plus hated his lazy beach bum attitude when it came to coaching. If he actually forced some real player development onto BI and Ball, we could have got much more value in a trade for them.
Derek Fisher- So overrated. Worst finisher ever in NBA history? Yet kept trying to drive to the hoop without a prayer of it going in. Horrible defense, guards flew right by him. Would abandon him guy to double team some random scrub in the post giving up a wide open kick out. Could not play-make at all... his only redeeming quality was getting out of Kobe's way for the most part. Imagine if Kobe spent most of his career with a better running mate in the back court who could actually take attention away and set him up with some easier opportunities.

I agree on Luke. Off topic: But better value for BI and Ball? They got us AD lol. Unless the point you’re making is we would only have had to give them up instead of other assets? I mean they got us a top 5 player.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

KobeDGreatesss wrote:
Steve Blake

Real? Black was a fan fave. Brought it every game, just a non-star.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I don't have anything against Bagel Black
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I hated Lamar Odom. He was overpaid. He couldn’t use his right hand. He was prone to offensive fouls. He disappeared for long periods of the game (entire quarters) often behind the three point line where he wasn’t a threat. He offered no resistance in the low post, feasted on by scrubs like Melvin Ely. He had trouble finishing around the basket, many of his offensive boards were of his own blown layups. I can go on, and on. I still remember that loss to Sacramento. However, he’s also a two time champion. I respect that.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I hated Lamar Odom. He was overpaid. He couldn’t use his right hand. He was prone to offensive fouls. He disappeared for long periods of the game (entire quarters) often behind the three point line where he wasn’t a threat. He offered no resistance in the low post, feasted on by scrubs like Melvin Ely. He had trouble finishing around the basket, many of his offensive boards were of his own blown layups. I can go on, and on. I still remember that loss to Sacramento. However, he’s also a two time champion. I respect that.

Hence Doom Alarm.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I agree on Luke. Off topic: But better value for BI and Ball? They got us AD lol. Unless the point you’re making is we would only have had to give them up instead of other assets? I mean they got us a top 5 player.

what Im saying is if BI and Ball looked like better players we would have been in better position to not give up all of our 1st round picks... That would have given us much more ammo to make moves to strengthen this 3 year championship window
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

absolutely hated when he would just fall asleep on the 3 point line
a painful reminder of the chunk of Kobe's prime wasted on those terrible teams where Odom was sadly the 2nd best player
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Might be Rondo by the end of this season.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject:

Slava
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject:

Slippery soap hand Kwame Brown.

Smush Parker.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject:

There is no current Laker that I hate. The only player this really qualifies for, for me, is Smush. The guy had the wrong head on his shoulders, he could have been a player in this league instead of bouncing out.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:01 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

DOOM ALARM
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: