anyone else losing interest in this team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

If you think Lebron plays anything like Magic then you have never watched a showtime basketball game. Max’s comment is not “soundly objective” it’s just lazy and cheap. Lebron’s go to move, every game over the last 15 years, has been the drive and kick out corner 3. He literally made a commercial about it. I have uploaded and watched over 200 showtime games and I cannot recall a single drive and kick out corner 3 from Magic. Not one. Completely different offensive styles.

Signature moves

Some of those aren’t even basketball moves, “draw the double team” then throw it in the corner .
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
If you think Lebron plays anything like Magic then you have never watched a showtime basketball game. Max’s comment is not “soundly objective” it’s just lazy and cheap. Lebron’s go to move, every game over the last 15 years, has been the drive and kick out corner 3. He literally made a commercial about it. I have uploaded and watched over 200 showtime games and I cannot recall a single drive and kick out corner 3 from Magic. Not one. Completely different offensive styles.

Signature moves

Some of those aren’t even basketball moves, “draw the double team” then throw it in the corner .

lebron has always reminded me of Karl Malone play-wise, except Malone was a much better free-throw shooter.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I might hunt for that info. graphic tonight, so you Bron bois will put some respect on his name. Iirc it was against the Mavs.

I found it

That’s just insane to me, both forwards shooting 59% from the floor, and neither have Anthony’s talent.
michaelg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Look, I’ve been a lakers fan since the late 70s. Seen a lot of these teams. We just went through the WORST STRETCH in the history of the franchise despite Kobe’s awesome presence during the first half of it. Talk about losing interest!

The Lakers haven’t been to the playoffs since spring 2013 when they were swept by the Spurs in the first round. That was also the last season the team even reached 40 wins! Seven years ago! Now we’re here at 40-12 before the All star break. On a 63 win pace which would be one of the top records in Laker history. It’s an incredible turnaround!

Personally the resigning of Robert Sacre was the lowest moment in my history as a Laker fan!!! It was easy to give up hope and interest at that point under Mitch’s declining leadership. But this season we have two of the top 5 players in the league, a decent GM and coach, some solid role players. Yes we have an older team, yes we lost some games to contenders, yes we have some flaws. Yes, Kobe’s death has been tough to take. But AD’s and LeBron’s games are beautiful and they are universally feared and respected and were going to the playoffs! Hell no i haven’t lost interest!

It’s crazy, some LG posters could only be happy with 82-0, 16-0.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kikanga wrote:
We were spoiled guys. We saw the '09-'10 Championship Lakers from near infancy.

We saw Kobe dropping 40, 50, 60 point games just cause it's a random Tuesday and he felt like it. To Kobe winning chips by any means necessary. We watched Kobe and Phil develop Ariza. We saw Odom struggle as the #2 guy and succeed as the #3 (George Karl still has nightmares thinking about the Lakers/Nuggets series). We saw Sasha's redemption song against the Celtics from getting burned in '08 to hitting clutch FTs cold coming off the bench in '10. Luke telling Phil to start Ariza over him. Pau and Metta tipping in series clinching Kobe game winners after struggling themselves. And Metta's game 7 shot.

The mid 2000s leading up to two chips at the end of the decade was like watching Band of Brothers. It's why I have my avatar. But nowadays it's modern warfare. We're trying to win a war with mercenaries. It would be weird if we had the same attachment.

No offense, but I think you're just romanticizing the past.

I don't see how are current roster is any more mercenaries than Phil Jackson, Odom, Gasol, Ariza and Metta were.

They all came from somewhere else, and they all left to somewhere else (or were booted out by us when we thought we could replace them with someone better).

People are down now because Kobe past away and the team is struggling against top teams. If we win a ring, my guess is people will remember these current struggles in a positive way -- the team did it for Kobe, they learned to come together, etc.

No offense, but I think you’re glossing over just how special and unique that squad was to Laker history
For many reasons.
Kikanga’s eloquence in recalling some of them is appreciated.

Not EVERYTHING is equal in the end or worth constant counter arguments and habitual over analyzation, activerb. Try feeling something as a fan... u just may end up liking it

Your opinion is cool with me. The Lakers have been fortunate to win a lot of rings. And different fans will have different emotional reactions to the different rings.

Some people like you might consider the 09 and to 10 rings more special. Some might feel that way about the 3-peat rings, or the showtime rings, or the Wilt/West ring. And if we win a ring this year, they'll be some fans who think that's the most special ring of all.

To each their own.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I don't know what it is about this team, they just seem to lack soul. Maybe it's not even them at all. Maybe I'm just older and will never be able to experience what I did in my youth again. Maybe the player who will give me that nostalgia again has already been born. Who knows? Whatever the reason may be, I'm just having a hard time loving the game.

For me, that's a natural part of the aging. The older I get, the less I care about professional sports. There has been a steady decline in my interest in the NBA over the past 20 years. I enjoy the NBA as an entertainment, but I consider the sport and its players a relatively insignificant part of my life.

If the league disappeared tomorrow, it honestly wouldn't affect me much. Now if I couldn't hike anymore, that would be a tragedy.

All sports have been entertainment to me, if my team is eliminated I just go onto the next one. The NFL is a little different, after coaching I now find myself with more interest in how the offenses and defenses are called. If the Lakers get eliminated I will move onto my Cardinals. LG is probably my biggest commitment to the NBA, I enjoy the facts and opinions posted here and conversations in the other forums here.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Depending on their recent play, seems like some of our players have also lost interest haha.

Just start the playoffs already.
lakershead22
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

man ya'll convincing me that this team isn't built to win it all
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

Very much so. I think we should start KCP at the 1 and bring up THT.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: