LOAD MANAGEMENT (for LeBron)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: LOAD MANAGEMENT (for LeBron)

Make fun of the Clippers for load managing Kawhi Leonard all they want, but Clippers are just 4 games back of the Lakers despite Kawhi missing over 13 games. Clippers are just copying the Raptors game plan form last season, not worrying about home court, just getting a healthy star player extra healthy for the Playoffs.

LeBron is a crazy +14.0 net rating in the first half, but by the second half his net rating is almost cut in half to just +7.2. It's like going from being the Milwaukee Bucks in the first half to becoming the Houston Rockets in the second, and you can see it in his play. In the beginning quarters he attacks the rim with authority, but by the 4th quarter, his finishing ability goes down and he starts settling on jumpers.

Sure LeBron's mins have been down this season, but he's also 1 whole year older, he needs longer rest to get ready for the Playoffs.

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

P.S.
Being #1 in the West is great, homecourt in the West is great, but still getting a super healthy LeBron is more important. Besides Lakers are a much better road team anyway.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

I was just thinking about this. We need Lebron as fresh as possible come playoffs. The different between #1 and #2 is not worth the stress on Lebron's 35 year old body. And if you think about it, the #2 seed can even be a better bracket if the top 4 teams are:

Clippers
Lakers
Nuggets
Rockets

Id rather play the Nuggets in the 2nd round over the Rockets
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn’t be bad for Kuz and AD to develop some sort of Chemistry as well. Ideally, I want us to look like the Raptors last season without Kawhi. They ran us out of Staples.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: LOAD MANAGEMENT (for LeBron)

Not disagreeing with him resting, just that to see Vogel insert Rajon Rondo into the starting lineup playing over 28 mins with LeBron out, we're not going to win a lot of games.

Time to bust out the Caruso and Cook show.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
We need Lebron as fresh as possible come playoffs. The different between #1 and #2 is not worth the stress on Lebron's 35 year old body.

Completely disagree.

The #1 seed is Memphis and a likely first round sweep or 5 games series with some blowout wins.

The #2 seed could be a grueling matchup that goes 6 or 7.

Lebron could get a week off before round 2, which would be huge and parlay into another break between round 2 and conference finals.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Its borderline criminal what we doing to dude and our title hopes.

We gave him no legit dependable playmakers, we expect him to carry the offense, to play good defense all while having his total minutes this season be among 20 somethings (with Dame and Harden being 5 years his junior and props to PJTuck, but that dude doesn't have the responsibilities that Bron carries). Speaking of Dame, it could have been much worse for that dude, but he essentially plays the same role Bron does (on a lesser level). Let that be a cautionary tale. Protect your stars and by proxy your title hopes.

https://on.nba.com/32SjsnC

Its irresponsible if we don't start looking out for him and AD post all-star. I don't care about regular season heroics. Just ask the dubs if 73-9 means anything to them. If we end up facing the cLips, those are just even more "home" road games. Other teams are managing their stars (have yall seen Giannis's minutes haha), while we need to do a much better job in that regard. I can't fault Vogel for the roster he was given, but dude has to do a better job in managing these dude's minutes.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
We need Lebron as fresh as possible come playoffs. The different between #1 and #2 is not worth the stress on Lebron's 35 year old body.

Completely disagree.

The #1 seed is Memphis and a likely first round sweep or 5 games series with some blowout wins.

Lebron could get a week off before round 2, which would be huge and parlay into another break between round 2 and conference finals.

So far it's 6 game difference in the loss column with less than 30 games to go, we'll see which strategy is best
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Completely disagree.

Bingo. Let him rest for a week after steamrolling #8, while #s 2 and 3 mudwrestle with OKC/DAL, then each other.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

As long as we take care of business and hold on to our seed we should be able to sit Lebron for the last 5-7 games of the season which should give him time to recharge for the post season
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Completely disagree.

Bingo. Let him rest for a week after steamrolling #8, while #s 2 and 3 mudwrestle with OKC/DAL, then each other.

Exactly. We already have a 5 game lead over the Nuggets and soon to be 6 game lead over Seattle. There are only 31 games left. LJ will get plenty of rest at the end of the season and after the first round of the playoffs. Lebron has played the fewest minutes in his ENTIRE career (after coming off the shortest season he ever had). Last night was the closest game to being a playoff game (away, against the 2nd place and the hottest team in the conference, before the break where every team wants to win to end in a good note). LJ was a machine from the whistle and was the fastest guy on our team. He gave us a small sample size of what he will be come playoff time.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

completely agree - I'd rest him on all back to backs, sit him out altogether for another 5 games or so, and in the last two weeks of the regular season limit his minutes to 25 or so
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Bench him the rest of the season. We can still make playoffs.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

you're likely joking but it's not a horrible idea

rust is the obvious concern
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

@RI, I don’t understand why you’re stating Bron has played the fewest minutes ever. He’s avg’n the least amount of mpg in his career, but his total minutes these year are equivalent to the year he last won a title.

Bron this year @ 35 playing full time point = 35mpg
Bron 2015/16 @ 31 playing with Ky = 35.6mpg

Total minutes to date this year = 1779
Total minutes in his last championship run = 2709

He’s 4 years older and doesn’t have anything close to a perimeter playmaker like Ky to have him play more offball on this squad.

Vogs, manage his minutes from here on out and try capping it at 30mpg please. Thank you.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

In a thread full of bad ideas, figured I’d add another =P

I’m not interested in resting LBJ unless we figure out how to play without him.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

He'll get plenty of rest the last 10 games of the season or so.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

@Vashashi. Lebron is averaging less minutes per game this year than at ANY point in his career. He did come off the shortest season he has EVER had. I will add that he has been careful while he is playing (fewer dunks, less periods of explosion than he could actually showcase). He is also traveling less distance per game (if you believe in that sort of advanced stat) than he has in a long time. In short, he is taking as good of care of himself as possible given his age. That is as good as it gets because there is no way anyone is going to cut this guys nuts off and load management is not part of his mantra. We are not a perfect team, but Frank is doing as good as he can. Lebron will get his rest when its all said and done. There is no denying he does not have much left in the tank, but I am still not betting against playoff Lebron. Maybe its me, but I did notice he had an extra gear last night which is encouraging because none of us have yet to see the Laker version of playoff Lebron.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject:

@RI, I agree with you that he's doing his best at managing his load in-game, but that could also be said about him doing the same when he was younger, especially on the defensive end.

Now with Vogs and AD here, he can only lead by example on the defensive side of the ball, so he's not coasting at that end this season. Then consider that he's really the only athletic wing we got other than Kuz. Green has shown he can stop smaller guys like Booker, but he gets exposed by taller more athletic wings (like JGrant last night). Then look at Green's minutes per game this season.

Bron is legit carrying our offense and literally the only one playing meaningful minutes at the wing on the defensive end.

https://on.nba.com/38qv4B5

I'm just going to have to agree to disagree with some of you guys on this. We need to start managing this guy's minutes heading down the home stretch. I hope we do, in the process the "others" can prove who makes the playoff roster spots and Vogs gets a better idea of his rotational players when the bench starts to shrink come playoff time.

We gotta start looking out for AD/Bron...but Bron in particular. Dude is doing way too much for this roster as is.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

We won’t figure out how to play without him by playing with him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I shouldn’t have said resting. I meant sitting. Obviously we are already resting him some now since he doesnt play 48 mpg.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm just thankful Lebron and the coaching staff doesn't share some peoples thoughts in here.

Take a look at the schedule and how brutal at times it is right after all star break and then how easy it gets to end the season.. After the Toronto game the final 10-12 games is a cake walk and against bottom of the barrel to mediocre teams (besides maybe the Clippers makeup game if that falls in there somewhere). This is where I have no doubt you'll see some resting to get ready for the playoffs. Last thing you want though is to get a ton of rest and then be rusty to start the Playoffs. I've seen it happen countless times in both the NFL and NBA where a team rests too much towards the end of the season and looks rusty in the Playoffs. Unless you're head and shoulders above the competition (which no team really is this season imo) you have to be very cautious about the rust factor just as much as playing too much.

I think you'll see him sit out of some games along with AD also getting a DNP here and there along with reduced minutes that final month of the season.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

So, you haven't see the schedule. If by March 18, we have a 4 game advantage, we have a 1st seed and we can load manage LeBron for almost a month.

Again, almost a month.

Sorry Hype. The same idea.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I've said it many times before... I don't know what all the VLF hate is around here, all I ever see him do is come straight and correct! Much appreciated VLF (this last post made me laugh).

With that said, if there is a chance at home court advantage throughout the playoffs you have to go for it. To me that will be the difference between Giannis getting his first or us getting our 17th.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Vogs, manage his minutes from here on out and try capping it at 30mpg please. Thank you.

I don't think Lebron playing 30 or 34 minutes a game will really have a major impact on his freshness come playoff time.

At his age, Lebron needs to take a week or more to get his legs back. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen.

Best bet is to find 2 games he could miss that would give him a week off.

Missing March 30th/April 1st back to back would do that. Same with April 7th and 9th games.

That would give him 2 weeks off with only missing 4 games - 3 against bad teams. You can then find 2-3 more games to sit him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: