In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

It never gets any easier....
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
PK, what do you think of the term graveyard spiral?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_disorientation

In reading up on Spatial Disorientation... under the section "effects of disorientation," there's something called the graveyard spiral. It seems to be describing what happened to Kobe's pilot. Crazy that it has happened enough to have a term for it.

There is an episode of Mad Men - first half of Season 7 where Ted is flying his plane to upstate New York and Don is with him. Ted talks about when you are in the clouds you can think you are right side up when you are actually upside down. (He may make a reference to the instruments, but I can't recall, I may be merging with things I read about with this situation).

It just seems to me like he was elevating through/above the fog and became disoriented, and then shifted the wrong way (heading down, while thinking he was going up). Since roughly the day after the crash, I've thought about that Mad Men episode. Otherwise, I would have no context to relate this tragedy to.

Once the NTSB confirmed it wasn't mechanical failure, it was hard to not believe that the pilot became disoriented and went the wrong way.
Yea, exactly. I think its bizarre too. We may never know why he went nose up to nose down in that fashion, unless as others have said, that maybe he saw an opening (sucker hole) and went for it and crashed, but why go nose down at that speed. Just doesn't make any sense other than he was disorientated.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

https://nypost.com/2020/02/10/kobe-bryant-was-no-rapist/
Good article
She didn’t point out that the accuser had 3 different sets of sperms in her, and had sex with another male less than 18 hours after the alleged rape
This case would be too easy to win for any defense
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:42 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/kobe-bryant-once-swam-sharks-212549222.html

Kobe Bryant once swam with sharks so a marine conservation group named a great white after him

Thank you for taking the time to share this story.

Quote:

During the dive, Graf's company didn't have booties large enough to fit Bryant's feet so he did the dive in his Nikes.

You'd think it was a story only about Sharks but then these gems are in there
Quote:

"I obsessively studied his every success, and his every struggle. I obsessively searched for any weakness I could find. I searched the world for musings to add to my [Allen Iverson] musecage," he wrote in the Tribune. "This led me to study how great white sharks hunt seals off the coast of South Africa."

Just under a year later, Bryant was once again assigned to guard Iverson. That time Iverson didn't score on him at all.

After the game, Bryant felt annoyed that he ever allowed one player to get under his skin like that. He felt like he put someone else in control of his own progress and decided never to let it happen again.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject:

Take notice of Kobe's use of the word obsessively

Comprende that.

The Pursuit of Happyness- Dream
That short clip with his son
Quote:

Christopher Gardner: Hey. Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right?
Christopher: All right.
Christopher Gardner: You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject:

Short but extremely emotional. I dont like to revisit tragedies but for some reasons i keep coming back to Kobe Bryant. It's crazy to think but he was set to have a bigger legacy than basketball..It's a shame we didn't get to see more of that. Im just happy people got to see that the man on the court wasn't the same guy off. It's sweet to see all these stories coming out of Kobe's random acts of kindness we didn't hear of before. It shows what kind of man he was. As good as he was on the court he was better off it. Im not an emotional guy by any means. But i'd be lying if i said i didn't have a hard time holding it in. I dont like crying at all and i didn't cry when i heard the news i was extremely sad and watched a plethora of highlights with Kobe after hearing the news. It's only now a couple of weeks after watching some random 2 min video that had me in tears. It all just feels surreal..Guys like Kobe are supposed to sit there courtside until late 80s getting standing ovations every time.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol reflects on the loss of his ‘brother,’ Kobe Bryant

Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:

I'm still heartbroken over this, man, I haven't cried since my relationship with the mother of my son ended years ago. Now, watching these videos the floodgates open every single time. I (bleep) hate it.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject:

BREAKING: I still miss KOBE

I thought was doing better after 2 weeks but it hit me again today. Been watching our championship runs on YT all evening.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
BREAKING: I still miss KOBE

I thought was doing better after 2 weeks but it hit me again today. Been watching our championship runs on YT all evening.

Take solace in some of the comments on the videos.. They are all current and men talking about this strange water that comes from the eyes

Extremely possible that Vanessa may be the one to heal us all.. She may come out with a plea to continue Kobe's energy and Love for life and raise our hearts and heads to Love this day with our every breath

I have appreciated that others have been so respectful to people who are mourning in these times

So hard that his and Gigi's death completely overshadowed the other 7 people..
Two of them completely ended families husband and wife iirc...
I think Kobe would have wanted more attention given to them and
their families needs.. all of our sadness transmuted into helping them and others

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

I'm still heartbroken over this, man, I haven't cried since my relationship with the mother of my son ended years ago. Now, watching these videos the floodgates open every single time. I (bleep) hate it.

I'm right there with you, G.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:

Gasol is a class act. Kobe was supposed to speak at his jersey retirement ceremony
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

Gasol is a class act. Kobe was supposed to speak at his jersey retirement ceremony

Damn...can’t wait till his jersey is next to Kobe’s in the rafters. Next to his brother.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

Normally I’d say we should wait until Gasol got into the Hall to retire his jersey, but times and circumstances have changed. I believe the Lakers will retire #16 next season. For Gasol, the fans, and the memory of Kobe.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

Love Gasol, man. Especially how he told V, "i'm here for you, not for now but forever, whenever you need me" (paraphrasing). There is just such a kindness in his soul that is obvious when he speaks.

I'm still having a hard time accepting this new reality.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Normally I’d say we should wait until Gasol got into the Hall to retire his jersey, but times and circumstances have changed. I believe the Lakers will retire #16 next season. For Gasol, the fans, and the memory of Kobe.

He's not retired yet, though. Gotta wait it
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Kobe and Gigi's resting place.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8001629/This-Kobe-Bryant-Gianna-laid-rest-private-burial-lot.html
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:

That was a tough one to watch. Pau is such a great guy. Amazed at how well he was able to express what Kobe meant to him and others.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Mention of waiting to retire Pau's jersey after he is inducted into HOF...just hit me that if Gianna had not passed with Kobe, she could have been the one to give the acceptance speech on Kobe's behalf when Kobe gets inducted into HOF. For some reason, that thought really hurts. The loss of both of them is so immense.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8001629/This-Kobe-Bryant-Gianna-laid-rest-private-burial-lot.html

Beautiful spot.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

That was a tough one to watch. Pau is such a great guy. Amazed at how well he was able to express what Kobe meant to him and others.

The Gold Medal in the Locker... That built a brotherly trust that possibly cannot be eclipsed by any not blood to him. Imagine how bad Pau wanted one.. Kobe told him lets go get the NBA Trophy

And this happened
https://www.nba.com/lakers/history/backtobackchampions
Pau Gasol ROAR - Game 7

https://cache.boston.com/multimedia/sports/bigshots/nba_finals_2010/bs30.jpg

I appreciate how much more human we are now seeing these athletes/entertainers.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but in reading the article, this burial site is supposed to be private. Why then did Daily Mail decide to publish this article stating the location of the burial site and with photographs included? How did they even gain access and knowledge of this site if Vanessa and family wanted to keep this private?

This article seems totally disrespectful and inappropriate given his family's wishes.

Also what's up with publishing Kobe's death certificate for the public to see? Isn't that private information?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but in reading the article, this burial site is supposed to be private. Why then did Daily Mail decide to publish this article stating the location of the burial site and with photographs included? How did they even gain access and knowledge of this site if Vanessa and family wanted to keep this private?

This article seems totally disrespectful and inappropriate given his family's wishes.

Also what's up with publishing Kobe's death certificate for the public to see? Isn't that private information?

Daily Mail is a rag en par with other gossip outlets.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

not a day of mine goes by without thinking about kobe. it still hurts. at this point I've just been trying to channel the pain as fuel to make me go harder at whatever it is I'm doing.the mamba way.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnightGFX/status/1228461134832816129

I just came across the video above. Kobe talks about looking forward to the day Pau gets his jersey retired next to his.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 115 of 162
Jump to: