Favorite Kobe Title Team
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite Kobe Title Team?
1999-2000 (Beat Pacers)
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
2000-2001 (Beat 76ers)
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
2001-2002 (Beat Nets)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2008-2009 (beat Magic)
27%
 27%  [ 13 ]
2009-2010 (beat Celtics)
55%
 55%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 47

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Favorite Kobe Title Team

I wanted to honor Kobe's legacy and here is one fun way. What is your favorite Kobe title team? I think all of them had a distinct and fun character to them all. Of course having a prime Shaq was just ridiculous. But personally, for me, was Kobe's final one against the Celtics. It just captured everything about him, especially losing against them in 2008. They clawed their way to winning that series and even though Kobe went 6-24 in game 7 of the 2010 Finals, he grabbed 15 rebounds and found a way to win that game. How about you?

1. 1999-2000 (Shaq/Kobe/Rice, top 3 scorers, win over Indy in Finals)
2. 2000-2001 (Shaq/Kobe/Fisher, win over 76ers in Finals)
3. 2001-2002 (Shaq/Kobe/Fisher, win over Nets in Finals)
4. 2008-2009 (Kobe/Pau/Bynum, win over Magic in Finals)
5. 2009-2010 (Kobe/Pau/Bynum, win over CELTICS in Finals).
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject:

The last two were special for me personally, was going through some things in my life and those teams got me through it. They were a tight group to which was cool. The 3 peat years was great as well though, arguably one of the most dominate teams as far as dynasties go. With everything that has happened I appreciate and love all 5 of the championship teams even more than I already had.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

For me, it's 2008-2009. It had the feeling of redemption both from the year before and for Kobe's struggles post-Shaq. Derek Fisher's performance in Game 4 (the three with 4.2 seconds left after Dwight missed both free throws and then the clutch three in overtime) was his second most memorable game to me after the .4 shot. Dominant 65-17 regular season. And most of all, everyone on that team just "felt" like a real Laker-- Kobe, Fisher, Pau, Bynum, Odom, Ariza, etc.

I felt like the 2009-2010 team is one of the weakest championship teams in recent memory. We likely would have lost to the Rockets in the semifinals had either Yao or McGrady (or both) been healthy. The Suns team in the WCF was a shadow of its former self, and so was the 50-32 Celtics team which we barely beat in the finals.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
The last two were special for me personally, was going through some things in my life and those teams got me through it. They were a tight group to which was cool. The 3 peat years was great as well though, arguably one of the most dominate teams as far as dynasties go. With everything that has happened I appreciate and love all 5 of the championship teams even more than I already had.

My kids are 10/8. I remember doing exactly what Kobe did in that video of him cheering for the Eagles. She was like 3 months old and I was on "rocking-her-to-sleep" duties while Game 7 was on. I was like screaming quietly with my infant in my arms. I will cherish that moment for the rest of my life. RIP Mamba!
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

My favorite is the last one 2009-2010 against the Celtics because I got 2 see how Kobe struggled 2 years earlier in a lost against the Celtics to come back and get his revenge (the ultimate Mamba mentality).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
My favorite is the last one 2009-2010 against the Celtics because I got 2 see how Kobe struggled 2 years earlier in a lost against the Celtics to come back and get his revenge (the ultimate Mamba mentality).

Yeah. This is why I loved that win too. Beating the Celts AND getting revenge? Hell yeah.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

Sorry but beating the Celtics ALWAYS trumps any other win....!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

Seeing him jumping up and down in celebration of getting the monkey off his back (can't win without Shaq) was my favorite moment for Kobe and the team. The Celtics series was epic and great revenge but it felt more like unfinished business than a celebration.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject:

1.) 2000

horry, ac green, brian shaw, phil jackson, chick hearn, jerry buss, jerry west + lots of personal life nostalgia attached to that year + pre 9/11 simpler times

2.) 2009

pau, ariza, phil's triumphant return

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite Kobe Title Team

yinoma2001 wrote:
I wanted to honor Kobe's legacy and here is one fun way. What is your favorite Kobe title team? I think all of them had a distinct and fun character to them all. Of course having a prime Shaq was just ridiculous. But personally, for me, was Kobe's final one against the Celtics. It just captured everything about him, especially losing against them in 2008. They clawed their way to winning that series and even though Kobe went 6-24 in game 7 of the 2010 Finals, he grabbed 15 rebounds and found a way to win that game. How about you?

My favorite title team on your list was the middle threepeat one that went through the playoffs like a steamroller. Such a fun team to watch.

But if you’re being Kobe–centric, he stood out more personally on the later ring teams. So if it’s more about Kobe than the team per se, I’d go with the one that beat the Celtics.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

2010. It was my first time seeing the Lakers beating Boston.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

My kids are 10/8. I remember doing exactly what Kobe did in that video of him cheering for the Eagles. She was like 3 months old and I was on "rocking-her-to-sleep" duties while Game 7 was on. I was like screaming quietly with my infant in my arms. I will cherish that moment for the rest of my life. RIP Mamba!

I was holding my daughter in my arms as well, Lol. I remember being down by something like 13 points midway through the 3rd quarter and having the whole thing mess with my head. I KNEW we were going to win that game...but all the evidence was trying it’s best to shake my faith, you know?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

I feel like the repeat with Pau and the crew was huge. I loved the three-peat with Shaq, but the last two were by far the most gratifying of Kobe's five.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

1999-2000, it stopped a decade of no titles and showed that the investment in Shaq was brilliant.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite Kobe Title Team

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

My favorite title team on your list was the middle threepeat one that went through the playoffs like a steamroller. Such a fun team to watch.

But if you’re being Kobe–centric, he stood out more personally on the later ring teams. So if it’s more about Kobe than the team per se, I’d go with the one that beat the Celtics.

Yeah, that 15-1 team was like Freddy Krueger or some sh**
Probably never felt more pride as a fan of the Purple and Gold than I did that summer. Shaq was in such great shape and just could not be guarded, really. Kobe was lean, quick, powerful and agile.
Just an incredible squad
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Beating the Celtics was the most gratifying but, the 2008-09 team, with Ariza, was my favorite.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Beating the Celtics was the most gratifying but, the 2008-09 team, with Ariza, was my favorite.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

Celtics. Soft this mofos. Game 7. Tough physical game. Defense domination. Poor shooting. Win. Take that and eat for eons Boston. Your legacy denied. Two rings denied. Pierce legend, KG legend denied. Role player BS House, Big Baby, Ray FA another win in LA denied. By Hollywood, by Pau, by Showtime, by LA, by Kobe. Thanks for your minor service in being a footnote in our championship story. take your place alonsided the NJ, Pacers and orlandos.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

pacers for performance/birth

orlando for redemption

celtics for vengeance
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

My favorite playoff run was 2004, notwithstanding the finals games 3 and 5. I absolutely love the San Antonio series, and the Houston and Minnesota series were just as epic, particularly, because of what happened in 2003, sort of a redemption. If only they had Robert Horry, he was a legend in 2005. Big shot also had moments in 2001 in game 3 against Philadelphia, and obviously the greatest shot in franchise history in 2002 against Sacramento. Karl’s injury and playing Luke and Slava against Sheed is the stuff of nightmares. Gross incompetence from “Kupcake” as general manager.

In terms of the poll, beating the Celtics is Kobe’s greatest achievement as a Laker. Hopefully Lebron has the same opportunity this year. It’s a shame the Celtics didn’t make the finals in 2002 since it could have been Shaq’s crowning achievement as a Laker.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

All of them were special in their own way. Although it wasn't really until the Celtics series that I enjoyed beating the Eastern conference team more so then the West teams we faced in the playoffs.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Shoutout to LD2K for the GOAT highlight video https://vimeo.com/1036542
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Shoutout to LD2K for the GOAT highlight video https://vimeo.com/1036542

One of the original mix makers, LD2K

Shout out to LakeShow09 - Legends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRF-kMnqIfw
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Celtics. Soft this mofos. Game 7. Tough physical game. Defense domination. Poor shooting. Win. Take that and eat for eons Boston. Your legacy denied. Two rings denied. Pierce legend, KG legend denied. Role player BS House, Big Baby, Ray FA another win in LA denied. By Hollywood, by Pau, by Showtime, by LA, by Kobe. Thanks for your minor service in being a footnote in our championship story. take your place alonsided the NJ, Pacers and orlandos.

Hell yeah.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: