Official General 2020 NBA Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

So this Tyrell Terry kid is intriguing. He probably won't declare if he thinks he'll be a borderline first round pick, but I can dream.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I would also be down with Aleksej Pokusevski as a draft and stash.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
So this Tyrell Terry kid is intriguing. He probably won't declare if he thinks he'll be a borderline first round pick, but I can dream.

Yes he is a nice player. A lot of PG's possibly in this draft.

The De'Aaron Fox type - athletic. fast, quick, ability to finish in the paint and a workable 3pt shot - Cole Anthony, Kira Lewis who btw is still only 18 as a Sophomore.

The Trae Young type - average athlete who succeeds with great ball control, passing ability, body control, 3pt shooting and high bbiq - Nico Mannion Tyrell Terry.

This year there seems to be a higher amount of big PG's - L Ball, K Hayes, T Haliburton, T Maledon and I would include RJ Hampton.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Yes he is a nice player. A lot of PG's possibly in this draft.

The De'Aaron Fox type - athletic. fast, quick, ability to finish in the paint and a workable 3pt shot - Cole Anthony, Kira Lewis who btw is still only 18 as a Sophomore.

The Trae Young type - average athlete who succeeds with great ball control, passing ability, body control, 3pt shooting and high bbiq - Nico Mannion Tyrell Terry.

This year there seems to be a higher amount of big PG's - L Ball, K Hayes, T Haliburton, T Maledon and I would include RJ Hampton.

Anthony's in the 7th %ile finishing at the rim, and given his jumper heavy offensive profile I'd lean toward him being more in the Trae Young mold despite Cole's athletic finishes in HS highlight reels. He feels very much like the Reddish of this class - very different players, of course, but two big name HS guys who are older for their class and have real trouble scoring around the bucket. Picking Anthony could really pay off if he's more like the guy he was in AAU/HS, but there's significant risk there since he doesn't have Reddish's defensive upside and positional versatility.

Grant Riller is a guy Mike seems to like based on his Twitter feed, and he's the kind of small school guy who could slip through the cracks to the Lakers. He's not a dynamic passer, making only simple reads, but he can hit a skip pass out of the PnR and is a dynamic scorer at all three levels who really puts downhill pressure on defenses. There's still some upside there if his passing continues to improve, but in the short-term he looks like the kind of sixth man scoring guard/off-ball PG who would really fit playing off of Lebron. And Riller shows some defensive aptitude and at 6'3 200 lbs he's not going to be physically overwhelmed like smaller scoring guards like LouWill.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: