Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Do we know when is he scheduled to be back?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

I saw a vid of a chick on youtube who it took ~8.5 months to be back at near 100% from an ACL... Everybody's different and every tear is different I guess... Also Cousins has higher grade recovery therapists of course... I'd still say 8 months at the earliest.. He tore his ACL mid August; so I'd say mid April..
I'd take it if he could be 100% by the 2nd round, which is April/May borderline.. We may face a non threat in the 2nd round; I'd play Cousins and try to get him a rhythm........
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I saw a vid of a chick on youtube who it took ~8.5 months to be back at near 100% from an ACL... Everybody's different and every tear is different I guess... Also Cousins has higher grade recovery therapists of course... I'd still say 8 months at the earliest.. He tore his ACL mid August; so I'd say mid April..
I'd take it if he could be 100% by the 2nd round, which is April/May borderline.. We may face a non threat in the 2nd round; I'd play Cousins and try to get him a rhythm........

Thanks brother.

So he is not going anywhere I guess
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

here is Cooper Kupp 8 months after ACL surgery. looks healthy. "he's doing things now, that he wasn't doing before he was hurt" ...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhvQbA_WvM here is Cooper Kupp 8 months after ACL surgery. looks healthy. "he's doing things now, that he wasn't doing before he was hurt" ...

Name a basketballer who came back from ACL surgery stronger. Basketball relies more on agility whereas wide receivers is about speed, route running, catching the ball, and maybe one or two cuts.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhvQbA_WvM here is Cooper Kupp 8 months after ACL surgery. looks healthy. "he's doing things now, that he wasn't doing before he was hurt" ...

Name a basketballer who came back from ACL surgery stronger. Basketball relies more on agility whereas wide receivers is about speed, route running, catching the ball, and maybe one or two cuts.

I still think Football cuts are more taxing/explosive, and a Wide Receiver has small shifts/veers/pauses, the set-ups on his route that preclude the cuts... and these guys cut at 100% exertion because they don't have a ball, and football is played at 100% speed where basketball is not in the halfcourt..

Rose said he gained 4 inches of vert from ACL recovery.. did it play out that way on the court, no.. and i don't expect it to for most, especially big ol Cousins..
Didn't post that quote expecting Cousins to replicate that - but just that there's hope he can recover an encouraging degree of what he had (and maybe we don't know what he truly had cause he was recovering from other injuries last season)
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Cooper is Slot WR. They require agility heavily. They must make sharp cuts and sudden stops to get open. Then they are turning, running full speed, jumping and getting hit. I don't know for sure which is more taxing onb the ACL, but it could very easily be Coop's profession
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I still think Football cuts are more taxing/explosive, and a Wide Receiver has small shifts/veers/pauses, the set-ups on his route that preclude the cuts... and these guys cut at 100% exertion because they don't have a ball, and football is played at 100% speed where basketball is not in the halfcourt..

Rose said he gained 4 inches of vert from ACL recovery.. did it play out that way on the court, no.. and i don't expect it to for most, especially big ol Cousins..
Didn't post that quote expecting Cousins to replicate that - but just that there's hope he can recover an encouraging degree of what he had (and maybe we don't know what he truly had cause he was recovering from other injuries last season)

Cousins will probably not be too much affected. Basically the things which hamper a player due to ACL surgery wouldn't hamper him too much.

So things like straight line speed and vertical leap aren't hampered (though leaping diagonally is). Cousins has never been a great defender and even when he has to defend he's defending centers. Whatever, not too much is lost

Where an ACL injury will hamper an NBA player is trying to stay in front of players who are jinking and driving. Basically trying to stay in front of someone like Kyrie. Guards would be more impacted imo, which may be one of the reasons why Rondo was never a great defender post ACL surgery
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Neither of the examples were also recovering from an Achilles
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Damn you two are a wealth of knowledge.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Drae & KIROE that is.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

You didn't have to try and tell stubborn Carson Wentz fans that his evasive capabilities will be impacted by his ACL surgery. That it's not the same as Tom Brady because Tom is a pocket passer while Carson is a mobile quarterback who uses his evasion to lengthen his time to pass the ball. Then deal with their angst when surprise surprise, he didn't look the same and probably doesn't even look as good as Nick Foles.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Vogel comments on Cousins:

Quote:
“He’s on track to get healthy by the playoffs, and we’ll have to see where he’s at with rhythm, and conditioning, and timing and all that stuff. But there is a possibility he returns this season, yes.”

KyLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:
“He’s on track to get healthy by the playoffs, and we’ll have to see where he’s at with rhythm, and conditioning, and timing and all that stuff. But there is a possibility he returns this season, yes.”

Wonder if this is partly a reason why we haven't made a move yet? Still need another guard regardless
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:

--Anonymous
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

hopefully he will be healthy enough and in time for the lakers to beat the clippers in the playoffs...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

Not expecting Cousins to put up nice stats when he returns but he can still make a little bit of difference in the playoffs.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Depending on Cousins to play any meaningful minutes is pure stupidity.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

I don't think you should depend on it, but it would be a nice bonus if he is available in the playoffs. Primarily because he can stretch the floor better than Dwight or McGee can. So he potentially gives you another alignment you can go to.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I don't think you should depend on it, but it would be a nice bonus if he is available in the playoffs. Primarily because he can stretch the floor better than Dwight or McGee can. So he potentially gives you another alignment you can go to.

Yeah, he could be a great extra weapon to possibly have. I don't think anyone is depending on him though as fans or the organization. Even if he does play it will be for very short bursts i'm sure.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:42 am    Post subject:

Unlikely he will play, if for no other reason than defense. Moving feet and making the D adjustments at the playoff level will be tough.

But, if he is available, Frank should definitely get him involved in practice and see how he looks. If he feels he can give the team 10-15 minutes, I am on board with it.

For Cousins longterm career though, playing next season makes a lot more sense than playing in the playoffs this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Unlikely he will play, if for no other reason than defense. Moving feet and making the D adjustments at the playoff level will be tough.

But, if he is available, Frank should definitely get him involved in practice and see how he looks. If he feels he can give the team 10-15 minutes, I am on board with it.

For Cousins longterm career though, playing next season makes a lot more sense than playing in the playoffs this year.

I agree here...He always had issues guarding the p n r...so coming off this injury on top of it I don't expect much.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

LOL, let's not get ahead of ourselves here..

I don't think any Laker fan is of the delusion that he is the missing link to put the Lakers over the top!

I think most (if not all) Laker fans feel bad for the guy and want him to be healhly enough to contribute.

If he can come in as some capability, that is NOT a liability and can disrupt the opposing team's defensive or offensive rotations for a few minutes, I'll be satisfied!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

He's not going to be in good enough shape or in rhythm with the team to be a meaningful contributor this season. Maybe he can be an enforcer/goon type when things get physical in the playoffs. That's about it for him this year imo.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

There are scenarios where he could have an impact:

5 or 6 minutes in a game where DH39 and JaVale are having foul trouble

3 or 4 minutes with the 2nd unit where a potential 12-2 opponent run is blunted to 8-6 because he gets a bucket and a dime

4 or 5 minutes on court with AD to provide an additional threat when LBJ is on the bench.

Basketball games often come down to small stretches in the game where momentum swings, sometimes when it's 2nd unit vs. 2nd unit.

Boogie could be the difference in turning a 117-114 loss into a 119-115 win. Not every game, but it could be the game that determines if we win the series 4-3 or if we lose it 3-4.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 66 of 69
Jump to: