Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

Yeah agreed! Having the option is always better than not having the option at all.

Dr. Laker wrote:
There are scenarios where he could have an impact:

5 or 6 minutes in a game where DH39 and JaVale are having foul trouble

3 or 4 minutes with the 2nd unit where a potential 12-2 opponent run is blunted to 8-6 because he gets a bucket and a dime

4 or 5 minutes on court with AD to provide an additional threat when LBJ is on the bench.

Basketball games often come down to small stretches in the game where momentum swings, sometimes when it's 2nd unit vs. 2nd unit.

Boogie could be the difference in turning a 117-114 loss into a 119-115 win. Not every game, but it could be the game that determines if we win the series 4-3 or if we lose it 3-4.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

May 30, 2019

Jun 2, 2019

Jun 5, 2019

Jun 7, 2019

Jun 10, 2019

Jun 13, 2019

Last edited by JUST-MING on Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

was his injury a lot less severe than Klay's? because Klay was injured literal months prior to Cousins and it seems like he's going to play at all this year
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
was his injury a lot less severe than Klay's? because Klay was injured literal months prior to Cousins and it seems like he's going to play at all this year

People heal differently. Plus the Dubs are in full tank mode. I'm surprised Draymond isn't sitting with "bone spurs" or "plantar fasciitis" right now.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

People heal differently. Plus the Dubs are in full tank mode. I'm surprised Draymond isn't sitting with "bone spurs" or "plantar fasciitis" right now.

Plus, the type of lateral movement Klay has to do as a SG most likely demands a longer recovery time.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=pcORMu5Ma2I

It’s gonna be a (bleep) problem for the league if he really getting ready for a return.

Spoiler alert (actually not really): dude wants all the smoke!
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Is he actually going to be healthy towards the end of the season or is that just some kind of pipe dream from the Lakers' coaches?

An ACL should take at least 10 months to recover properly from, more often than not 12 months
#18 next...
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject:

Really needs a title edit.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

It’s gonna be a (bleep) problem for the league if he really getting ready for a return.

thanks for the link
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:12 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Is he actually going to be healthy towards the end of the season or is that just some kind of pipe dream from the Lakers' coaches?

An ACL should take at least 10 months to recover properly from, more often than not 12 months

We don't know for sure. Vogel said it's a possibility. It would be around 8 months if he returned for the playoffs. 9 months if he returned around the WCF if the Lakers made it the far. Not impossible. Players have come back sooner, but yes the timetable is usually longer.

The real question is why would you consider playing him in major playoff games? When he played zero games with the team and will likely be in bad shape? He was a real defensive liability last year. He would be a attacked over and over again in pick and rolls and switches. I am rooting for Demarcus, but I don't think him coming back like that is doing him or the team any good. Wait till next year try to get a healthy training camp/preseason under your belt.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject:

Even if he is physically cleared to play, he won’t be in rhythm and there’s no chemistry between him and most of the teammates. He will have some positive impact though because he is the only stretch 5 we have.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject:

I lean towards Boogie playing next season, because as much as we need him on offense, I think defensively coming back from that injury and also the amount of intensity the playoffs is, will be tough.

I know Frank is a great defensive coach who gets his guys prepared, but Boogie was not a great defender in State or anywhere in his career. McGee is a defensive anchor and we need that.

However if Boogie can show he is capable defensively, I would consider starting Howard, and bringing Boogie with the 2nd unit. The talent level with Boogie on the 2nd unit allows us to somewhat compensate for not having Lebron at times, Boogie is a passer, he can set up others. He is crafty in the post. He can at times shoot the 3. Drive to the basket. I would consider a 12 minutes role for him, 6 min each half. Especially when LBJ sits.

But first things first, lets get him healthy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

He has to be willing to take a minimum deal. We can't cough up part of the full MLE for him. He won't play this year so the team did him a solid with a 3.5m deal. If he is unwilling, sorry.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:

From the wording i don’t think that the coach believes he will play this season. The guy is going on 3 years injured, healing should be his first priority.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

thanks for the link

I agree with everybody here, that Boog's health is first and foremost. Do not rush back if it will put your career arc in jeopardy. But I'd be lying if I'm not rooting to see this guy on the court in the playoffs. If we can make it to the WCF/Finals and afford to have him out there for 10 minutes...I'd love to see it.

Remember that athletes have resources that most folks don't have with this type of injury. He can come back earlier than most, but the docs/Lakers/he need to do their due diligence and approach it as such. I'm just a huge fan of Boog and want more than anything, for his mental health, to see how go out there during the playoffs and show the world and himself, that he's still got a future in this league.

Please bball gods, no more set-backs.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for all that you did for us Boogie!
And I can't wait for you to re-join us next year
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

Patrick Patterson trying to recruit Boogie.

I hope Boogie gives the clippers the 🖕
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Patrick Patterson trying to recruit Boogie.

I hope Boogie gives the clippers the 🖕

I hope the Clippers fill their roster spots and then waive Patrick for Boogie.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"I'm told DeMarcus Cousins plans to remain with the Lakers for the remainder of the season to continue rehabbing his torn ACL."

NBA Insider @ShamsCharania reports on Cousins' status following Markieff Morris' commitment to the Lakers.

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
"I'm told DeMarcus Cousins plans to remain with the Lakers for the remainder of the season to continue rehabbing his torn ACL."

NBA Insider @ShamsCharania reports on Cousins' status following Markieff Morris' commitment to the Lakers.

If he is not attached to any team, nor physically able to play, then I suppose it does not hurt to keep him around at home, especially if the Lakers are liable for his rehab.

This could actually be a good thing as he can feel & see the love and hopefully resign with the Lakers after he has healed. And the Lakers save the money of hauling him all over the US (and Canada) for road games he is never going to play in and they save the hotel and food money associated with his road trips...

Last edited by unleasHell on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Caruso on Cousins: "DeMarcus has been here rehabbing and been a great member of this team behind the scenes that nobody gets to see because the only thing he can do is be a good teammate and travel, and show up to every game and have a good attitude."
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakers, DeMarcus Cousins have a mutual interest in reunion this summer

Quote:
However, according to Sam Amick of The Athletic, the Lakers have expressed interest in bringing Cousins back this summer, and that interest is apparently mutual:

Per league rules, he can continue his rehab with the Lakers, at their practice facility, but he can’t fly on the team plane or sit on the bench once he’s waived. But the Lakers could re-sign him this summer, something both sides have expressed interest in pursuing, sources said.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lakers, DeMarcus Cousins have a mutual interest in reunion this summer

Quote:
However, according to Sam Amick of The Athletic, the Lakers have expressed interest in bringing Cousins back this summer, and that interest is apparently mutual:

Per league rules, he can continue his rehab with the Lakers, at their practice facility, but he can’t fly on the team plane or sit on the bench once he’s waived. But the Lakers could re-sign him this summer, something both sides have expressed interest in pursuing, sources said.

Great news
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

L.A. Times Sports wrote:
Mar 7, 2020ReplyRetweetFavorite
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
L.A. Times Sports wrote:
Mar 7, 2020ReplyRetweetFavorite

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I am loving this guy more and more.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 67 of 69
Jump to: