Rival Executives See Obvious Flaws in Lakers Roster, but Help Is Available

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Rival Executives See Obvious Flaws in Lakers Roster, but Help Is Available

Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport Rival Executives See Obvious Flaws in Lakers Roster, but Help Is Available - looking at the buyout market/free agency - which players could be difference-makers - who are the Lakers looking at? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2875968-rival-executives-see-obvious-flaws-in-lakers-roster-but-help-is-available

Cheers,

EP
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Wow make em dance Lance makes a great deal of sense now that you layout the role we need. He is great at getting into other teams and upseting them. He can knock down open shots and brings high energy to every big game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Other rival executives see the flaws. I think ours does too? I think?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Other rival executives see the flaws. I think ours does too? I think?

According to LA Ireland they were too sentimental to deal anyone.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

If he's anywhere near the fitness/ rhythm/ stamina he was last year... then Lance might be the best choice if we need last-minute reinforcements.

Seriously. I actually thought last off-season that we might have overcompensated for our lack of shooting last year by giving up Ball and Ingram and Lance not getting at least one ball-handler in FA. I had hoped Bradley might do that as he had success at P&R in Memphis, but he hasn't been utilized that way... not yet anyway.

If we do bring Lance back, he at least partially fills several of our bench needs, if not perfectly in any of them.

(1) Backup PG - He's done it for Vogel, we had him do it in stretches last year due to injuries. Not a 10-assist guy, but he'll keep the ball moving without pounding it to death.

(2) Backup scorer - Not afraid to take someone on in iso, and capable enough to make a defender work some on that end.

(3) Wing defense - Capable, and enthusiastic against bigger wings. At 6-5, 230, and a 6-10 WS, he's got more bulk to throw against PG and Kawhi than KCP, and his familiarity with PG from IND won't hurt.

(4) Playoff experience - Fought some tough battles with Indy, so that's a plus compared to some other scrubs on the buyout market.

(5) "Dog" - Media folks keep talking about how Patrick Beverley is a dog for the Clips, and how that's something we lack. Lance could bring that He may be a bit goofy with the air guitar, but he brings a bit of the Artest/Metta-level mania on defense.

(6) Shooting - Eh, not really (career 31%). But KCP (42%), Green (38%), Bradley (37%) and Caruso (36%) are a big collective improvement from last year.

(7) Chemistry - We'd have to lose one to get one, and Daniels is most likely due to lack of PG skills (come on, Cook, show me something) and playoff experience. But the fact that Lance was on the team last year with LBJ, McGee, Caruso, KCP, Kuz, AND Rondo should mitigate any chemistry loss with waiving Daniels.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

We need a Jared Jack type of guy. Someone that can break down a defense and get to the rim. So who out there is has some skills in the pick and roll and can get to the rim?

I know for one I would try and get Harkless
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I like the idea of getting Harkless if the Knicks release him, he's a SF, 6' 7", 220lbs, 26 yo, not a big scoring but scrappy on defense, we could put him on the Kawhi, PG's and those types of guys..

And it would not hurt one bit to have a former Clipper for intel...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I like the idea of getting Harkless if the Knicks release him, he's a SF, 6' 7", 220lbs, 26 yo, not a big scoring but scrappy on defense, we could put him on the Kawhi, PG's and those types of guys..

And it would not hurt one bit to have a former Clipper for intel...

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Knicks release MH!
Moe could definitely help shore up that glaring whole at SF.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject:

That's not how it works - Harkless doesn't ask to be released without already setting up his next destination. He has to be pursued, with the Knicks permission, by the Lakers - agree to come and then he'd be let go.

Not - hope he is let go and then the Lakers call and see if he wants to come.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
That's not how it works - Harkless doesn't ask to be released without already setting up his next destination. He has to be pursued, with the Knicks permission, by the Lakers - agree to come and then he'd be let go.

Not - hope he is let go and then the Lakers call and see if he wants to come.

Right - and to clarify: I think its being done through backchannels; indirectly. Like - going through Bill Duffy who already has on the Lakers players he represents. Or - using Rondo/Avery as their advocates.

It all boils down to what Moe/His agent see as a value of staying. Will the Knicks use the Bird rights on him or not (not very likely, IMHO) and whether or not they see his value around the league higher that exceptions (including MLE)
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

How many of these rival execs have won multiple championships? They should worry about their own jobs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
How many of these rival execs have won multiple championships? They should worry about their own jobs.

Neither has our current GM.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
defense wrote:

Neither has our current GM.

Ours isn't running his mouth about how other teams are built.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Maybe all of them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: