Tributes: In Memory of KOBE BEAN BRYANT (Memorial at Staples on 2/24)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Don’t think I saw a Clipper during the memorial.

I only saw Doc there.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

They’re currently playing a game at Staples right now where the memorial was just this afternoon.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Well said Kwase! She stood by him when others may have bolted (especially with no prenup) and is the rock of that family. She got this.

Yinoma, I remember telling my girlfriend at the time after the incident that will go unnamed that Vanessa was going to leave him shortly and take half. Vanessa went to Vegas shortly after that and I was there and the word on the street was that she was the most eligible soon-to-be bachelorette and I even contemplated going to the club that she was hosting.

That just goes to show what little respect we have for marriage these days in America, and how we've lost the desire to work through things and take those vows serious. I just can't put into words what level of respect I have for Vanessa as a woman right now but I can tell you it's as high as the sky.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/mgrads/status/1232140730597928961?s=21
Thug24Life8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1221636609776308226

I miss him so much I can't find the words to describe it.
"Kobe is a scientific dawg," O'Neal wrote. "He works out every day, practices every day. Most of the other stars are just dawgs, not scientific dawgs. Kobe will always have the edge because of his range and killer instinct."
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Doc was there and didn't look like he was taking it too well.

Logo was also in attendance.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Apparently LeBron was there - he was sitting right behind AD with a hoodie on and had requested that the cameras not show him, but the cameraman caught him briefly when the broadcast panned to AD.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/94GWXlC
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Doc and Ballmer were there, also Jerry West
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

It was nice to see Vanessa and the kids smile again.

I start weeping every time I remember what happened.

The child in me is still rooting for him to come back from this.

Any time you are ready Kobe, you can come back man.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
Apparently LeBron was there - he was sitting right behind AD with a hoodie on and had requested that the cameras not show him, but the cameraman caught him briefly when the broadcast panned to AD.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/94GWXlC

That was Metta, read up
TripleDouble
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Hero Ball wrote:
kwase wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Ballmer was there too... https://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Steve+Ballmer+Kobe+Bryant+Gianna+Bryant+Memorial+fp2ygOSLdb3l.jpg
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
For those wondering, Bron was there and according to Stephen A., Rich Paul told him Bron was “in his own space” during the memorial. You can interpret that however you want.

Quote:
After Vanessa Bryant spoke emotionally about her late husband and 13-year-old daughter, the speakers included an accomplished WNBA player (Dianna Taurasi), a top woman’s basketball player (Sabrina Ionescu), a six-time NBA champion (Michael Jordan) and a former four-time NBA champion (Shaquille O’Neal).

Who else was in the crowd?

Boston Celtics legend Bill Russell, San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers, WNBA star Lisa Leslie, former Spurs player Tim Duncan, former Miami Heat player Dwyane Wade, former Chicago Bulls star Scottie Pippen, former Boston Celtics player Paul Pierce, former NBA player Caron Butler, Warriors general manager Bob Myers and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver.

There were also plenty of Lakers luminaries, including Magic Johnson, Phil Jackson, Jerry West, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, James Worthy, Elgin Baylor, Michael Cooper, Pau Gasol, Byron Scott, Metta World Peace, Derek Fisher, Lamar Odom, A.C. Green, Rick Fox, Brian Shaw, Sasha Vujacic and former trainer Gary Vitti.

The current Lakers included controlling owner Jeanie Buss, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Dwight Howard, Kyle Kuzma and JaVale McGee.

Other current NBA players in attendance included, Golden State’s Stephen Curry and Draymond Green, Brooklyn’s Kyrie Irving, San Antonio’s DeMar DeRozan, and Sacramento’s Harrison Barnes.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2020/02/24/kobe-bryant-memorial-greatest-collection-basketball-talent/4862662002/

Makes sense

People need to stop trying to use this occasion for cheap shots
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

TripleDouble wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
kwase wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Ballmer was there too... https://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Steve+Ballmer+Kobe+Bryant+Gianna+Bryant+Memorial+fp2ygOSLdb3l.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/1232125926281900035
Kawhi is also there
DaGreat81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Paul George and Kawhi Leonard were there
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
For those wondering, Bron was there and according to Stephen A., Rich Paul told him Bron was “in his own space” during the memorial. You can interpret that however you want.

Quote:
After Vanessa Bryant spoke emotionally about her late husband and 13-year-old daughter, the speakers included an accomplished WNBA player (Dianna Taurasi), a top woman’s basketball player (Sabrina Ionescu), a six-time NBA champion (Michael Jordan) and a former four-time NBA champion (Shaquille O’Neal).

Who else was in the crowd?

Boston Celtics legend Bill Russell, San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers, WNBA star Lisa Leslie, former Spurs player Tim Duncan, former Miami Heat player Dwyane Wade, former Chicago Bulls star Scottie Pippen, former Boston Celtics player Paul Pierce, former NBA player Caron Butler, Warriors general manager Bob Myers and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver.

There were also plenty of Lakers luminaries, including Magic Johnson, Phil Jackson, Jerry West, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, James Worthy, Elgin Baylor, Michael Cooper, Pau Gasol, Byron Scott, Metta World Peace, Derek Fisher, Lamar Odom, A.C. Green, Rick Fox, Brian Shaw, Sasha Vujacic and former trainer Gary Vitti.

The current Lakers included controlling owner Jeanie Buss, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Dwight Howard, Kyle Kuzma and JaVale McGee.

Other current NBA players in attendance included, Golden State’s Stephen Curry and Draymond Green, Brooklyn’s Kyrie Irving, San Antonio’s DeMar DeRozan, and Sacramento’s Harrison Barnes.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2020/02/24/kobe-bryant-memorial-greatest-collection-basketball-talent/4862662002/

Makes sense

People need to stop trying to use this occasion for cheap shots

I thought it was classy
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see Kobe's parents there. Disappointed their presence was not acknowledged by anyone. I hope Joe was atleast offered an opportunity to speak.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

mike fing tyson was there

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:05 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Funny I thought that was Lebron but could never get a good glimpse of him. It makes sense because if it was obvious he was there, people would ask why he didn't speak. The family picked the speakers and based on the time it was tough. It was both for Kobe and Gianna which is why it was tough to get the speakers in. Having the UConn coach and the women's basketball players filled half the slots. LBJ got a Kobe tattoo no one should question him about this.

Also Lebron already gave a big speech when the team played its first game after what happened. It’s ignorant for anybody to say he didn’t care after that speech.

Magic and Jerry West didn’t speak either and I’m okay with that. You could see how tough it was for Michael Jordan, even when he delivered a fantastic speech in my opinion.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
Funny I thought that was Lebron but could never get a good glimpse of him. It makes sense because if it was obvious he was there, people would ask why he didn't speak. The family picked the speakers and based on the time it was tough. It was both for Kobe and Gianna which is why it was tough to get the speakers in. Having the UConn coach and the women's basketball players filled half the slots. LBJ got a Kobe tattoo no one should question him about this.

Also Lebron already gave a big speech when the team played its first game after what happened. It’s ignorant for anybody to say he didn’t care after that speech.

Magic and Jerry West didn’t speak either and I’m okay with that. You could see how tough it was for Michael Jordan, even when he delivered a fantastic speech in my opinion.

MJ was amazing. Laughter and Tears. Straight from the heart 💜
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:41 am    Post subject:

What was with Taurasi's dig at LBJ? Not even a day after he hits a turn around fading game winner against the C's. I thought that was weird..
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:54 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
What was with Taurasi's dig at LBJ? Not even a day after he hits a turn around fading game winner against the C's. I thought that was weird..

Probably one of the reason why Bron wanted to stay out of the lgiht.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

I said that earlier and I agree with you.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:05 am    Post subject:

Dudley said on the Lowe Post that Taurasi could get away with that joke because her good personal relationship with Bron. I don’t think it was anything more than a light-hearted jab between friends.
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject:

Officially on Kawhi and George:
Quote:

The Clippers' Kawhi Leonard and Paul George grew up looking up to Bryant and then getting to know him. Although they did not attend the memorial, they watched it. Leonard said he caught some of it on TV after he got in some shooting in the morning. George said he watched the entire memorial on TV.

Thought all the speakers were fantastic. Great mix to honor Kobe but also Gigi. And thinking about it, really MJ and Shaq were the two players who were the perfect choices to talk. It still doesn't really seem real as someone mentioned but in a way that makes it easier to deal with for me. In my head he's still in the gym working on his footwork; or in a business meeting; or coaching his kids; or chilling watching the Eagles; or berating Kwame in practice. He's doing Kobe things. Definitely a form of denial but when reality hits when I'm watching youtube clips or anything, it's brutal. So right now I'm okay dealing with a bit of denial.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
trablos wrote:

I said that earlier and I agree with you.

I think it was just a way to bring some laughter to a somber occasion. Still, Lebron's style of fadeaway is significantly different from the Jordan/Kobe version.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23
Jump to: