Tributes: In Memory of KOBE BEAN BRYANT (Memorial at Staples on 2/24)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject:

Memorial Reaction

Last edited by Black20Ice on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

Did Pau get to speak?

Maybe he didn't feel the need to

UConn coach was GREAT.. Phenomenal
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Did Pau get to speak?

Maybe he didn't feel the need to

UConn coach was GREAT.. Phenomenal

I think those who spoke were asked by Vanessa.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

I'm sure there were dozens of people who could have spoken but you can't have everyone speak.
b.diddy2417
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

Flew in from Denver to be at Kobe memorial even though we didn’t get tickets being in streets with all the lakers fans was special one of the best experiences i will ever have but my regret was not flying in sooner ( during the week he passed away ) it would have been dope too see all of that as well
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

I think they had the right speakers. Gino was great, MJ was amazing and Vanessa, was absolutely incredible. Man. It really makes one appreciate life.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
trablos wrote:
What was with Taurasi's dig at LBJ? Not even a day after he hits a turn around fading game winner against the C's. I thought that was weird..

I said that earlier and I agree with you.

I think it was just a way to bring some laughter to a somber occasion. Still, Lebron's style of fadeaway is significantly different from the Jordan/Kobe version.

That was a low blow and a laughter at Lebron's expense. Sure, his fadeaway isn't close to Kobe's, but I'm sure he got embarrassed by that comment.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I think they had the right speakers. Gino was great, MJ was amazing and Vanessa, was absolutely incredible. Man. It really makes one appreciate life.

Humbling, but I'm not brave enough to hear Vanessa right now.
Seeing her so beautiful and all alone to raise her and Kobe's babies is so unspeakable. Ive only watched MJ, SHAQ, GINO and Rob.

All of those families :

Rob's story about Kobe texting him about 15 minutes before the crash, around 930, about finding a specific sports agenct the surviving Altobelli girl could intern with is just heartbreaking if processed for a few moments. He had no idea his last minutes were spent helping the surviving daughter improve her future.

Her Mother, Father and Sister all perished in the crash.

It would be beautiful of Vanessa if possible to give that girl a full ride scholarship somewhere from the Bryant Family.

I deeply approved of and appreciated the Celebration and the effects it will have on the world
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

I really wish we could've seen what Kobe would've been if he was able to play in this day and age during his prime. During most of Kobe's time, he played in the big man era, but now the game has really evolved to better fit wing players. Kobe would've been breaking so many scoring records, 81 might've been 101, he would probably average 40 points per game today.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

amazing memorial. watched last night finally....

RIP Kobe & Gigi
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Vanessa was always Kobe’s rock. She showed us that strength today as we all take another step in healing w/ her. We are not moving on but instead moving forward. As Kobe’s said,sometimes it’s a journey u don’t want to take but it’s what makes u stronger.

https://mobile.twitter.com/judyseto/status/1232173671076257794

Btw, big ups to the strong women who n this organization and to Seto/med staff for keeping our vet squad healthy this season. Part of it is luck, but the other part is diligent preemptive preparation.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

Chris Paul Gets Choked Up Remembering Kobe Bryant

Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

LL Cool J Remembers Kobe
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Memorial Reaction

You know it's funny hearing T-Mac talk about Kobe watching Come Fly with Me and other MJ VHS tapes to study him as a kid. For years and years my good friend and I would always laugh any time Kobe was interviewed and asked who his favorite player growing up was. His answer was always Magic Johnson.

Now I'm not saying that he wasn't a Magic fan. Certainly, he could have been a huge Magic fan. Who wouldn't be? The man was, simply put, Magic.

But come on, a shoot first 6'6 guard with a lethal fade away who wasn't known for his proclivity to pass the ball and his favorite player is arguably the greatest passer of all time?

No way, I'm with Tracy, he idolized Michael. He wanted to pattern everything after Jordan, and at a younger age he did, the way he spoke, walked, talked, all of it. The only difference between the two was vertical leaping ability and hand size. That's why Kobe had to work harder to become as great as he did. He wasn't the most athletic or physically gifted player. He just worked harder then everyone else to improve in every facet of the game.

As he matured, he became his own player, and in my opinion, was able to separate himself in terms of ability from MJ. I was able to see two different playing styles as opposed to a guy who just played like Mike.

However with that said, make no mistake, he definitely grew up wanting to be like Mike. Just like the majority of the country at that point in time. He was just the one in a countless millions of people to actually make it happen.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Tom Brady's Feelings

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1232330304741945344/photo/1
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Tom Brady's Feelings

That term Vicariously .. Kobe pumped everyone's Adrenaline

Awesome that Tom shares with His world what he knew of Kobe... Tom is a Legend.. Sir Brady

I wrote that for him It really hits that part in me I was trying to also put into words.. That knowing there WAS ALWAYS KOBE.. doing more than I have done in maybe a thousand lifetimes... we have to carry the load/love

I started writing something today now that I can begin to comprehend why the effect was so deep within me. Might take a bit to clarify it ..
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm sure there were dozens of people who could have spoken but you can't have everyone speak.

Also people seem to have forgotten that there already was a private service for Kobe and Gianna. Maybe I missed it, but I don't think we know who attended or who spoke there. I would think that if his parents wanted to speak, they would have done so there. Perhaps even some closer members of the Laker family.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
trablos wrote:
What was with Taurasi's dig at LBJ? Not even a day after he hits a turn around fading game winner against the C's. I thought that was weird..

I said that earlier and I agree with you.

I think it was just a way to bring some laughter to a somber occasion. Still, Lebron's style of fadeaway is significantly different from the Jordan/Kobe version.

That was a low blow and a laughter at Lebron's expense. Sure, his fadeaway isn't close to Kobe's, but I'm sure he got embarrassed by that comment.

How is it a low blow to joke about someone's jumpshot? That's about as harmless a target for a joke as I can imagine. Even Shaq made fun of his own free throws up there. I think LeBron will be ok.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Still missing Kobe badly.

Last edited by tw-lakbfan on Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
Funny I thought that was Lebron but could never get a good glimpse of him. It makes sense because if it was obvious he was there, people would ask why he didn't speak. The family picked the speakers and based on the time it was tough. It was both for Kobe and Gianna which is why it was tough to get the speakers in. Having the UConn coach and the women's basketball players filled half the slots. LBJ got a Kobe tattoo no one should question him about this.

Also Lebron already gave a big speech when the team played its first game after what happened. It’s ignorant for anybody to say he didn’t care after that speech.

Magic and Jerry West didn’t speak either and I’m okay with that. You could see how tough it was for Michael Jordan, even when he delivered a fantastic speech in my opinion.

MJ was amazing. Laughter and Tears. Straight from the heart 💜

MJ & Kobe~didn't know they were this close
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

tw-lakbfan wrote:

Read Tom Brady's post above.. big man tears
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:

Read Tom Brady's post above.. big man tears

Thanks.

Good to have Laker family here.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Scott Boras to honor Kobe's wish, grant internship

Quote:
Kobe Bryant will get his wish.

Baseball superagent Scott Boras told the Los Angeles Times that he will create an internship for the teenage daughter of John Altobelli, the Orange Coast College baseball coach who, along with Bryant and his daughter Gianna, was among the nine people killed in last month's helicopter crash in Calabasas, California.

During Monday's memorial service for the Bryants at Staples Center, Los Angeles Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka told the story of texting with the NBA legend just minutes before his death. While in the air, Bryant reached out to see whether Pelinka had ties to a baseball agent because he wanted to set up his friend's daughter with an internship.

That friend was Altobelli and the daughter was 16-year-old Lexi.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28781632/scott-boras-honor-kobe-wish-grant-internship
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Tom Brady's Feelings

https://www.onlineocr.net/ worked quite well.. small edits needed

Quote:
Tom Brady
What's really important?

I have been deeply affected by the passing of Kobe, Gigi and the others in that tragic flight weeks ago. Since then, I've witnessed the well deserved outpouring of love and support for the families that had so much left to give, and it's helped me reflect and gain perspective. I know that love peace and joy will always endure. And in this tragedy, I have learned so much. Why has this touched me in the way that it did? Why has it kept me up at night, and brought me so many tears?

In Kobe, we were able to witness the man in the arena. For many of us, sports show what we are made of, they define our personalities and emotions. We cannot hide from the good or the bad, from the wins or the losses... the joy and despair, the happiness and the pain. What you see is what it is, we aren't actors. We have found a real life stage where we become vulnerable to the world and are judged based on the outcome of each performance. And we care deeply about what we do.

For some, these days are the pinnacle in their life, and theres nothing wrong with that but it's clear to me, for Kobe, that was how he lived his life in every way. In his second chapter, you saw even more. You saw his excitement for life, and for achieving in areas only he thought possible. He became more of an entrepreneur, media mogul, father, husband and mentor among other roles. And he didn't stop with himself. Kobe didn't care whether you were a man or woman, boy or girl, black or white, rich or poor, ordinary or extraordinary, he wanted to help you become the best you could be. His mere presence had an effect on everybody he was around. He had the energy to recognize in others what they could not recognize in themselves.

I think that's why I will miss him most. Because we all know the world needs more of that leadership and positivity . We recognize that he was doing the work that others don't want to or simply can't do. The world we live in is full of people telling kids and adults "you can't" "you shouldn't", "you won'r or "you never will." The world we live in is teaching EVERYONE to fear, to worry, to shame or to give up. And thats the opposite of what Kobe stood for. That's what made Kobe a real superhero. He spoke about mentality with such conviction, about the idea that if you truly believed in something you could achieve it... you could overcome the obstacles in your path. And not just that, he walked the walk and did the work. He pushed others to find that same confidence. He was the real life superhero our world needs.

That's what we will all miss. That's why we hurt. Because we know that he was always fighting against the norm. He was doing more then his share. Now who is going to do the work that is still here to be done? Who is going to fight and break the norms with love and joy and inspiration? Who is going to discard fear, and doubt, and hate? Who is going to carry the load and be the superhero that he was? The answer is simple to me, ALL OF US. Decide to make the change in yourself. If there is anything I have learned and been inspired by through this tragic event, it is this, SEIZE THE DAY. Thats what Kobe always did, and that's what he wanted for us too.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Fantastic article

https://slate.com/culture/2020/02/michael-jordan-kobe-bryant-memorial.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23
Jump to: