10-Man Playoff Rotation - Who's the Odd Man Out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If AC is the odd man out we don't deserve to win the ring. That would be some asininity.

McGee/Dwight's minutes will go down. But at guard, I would like to see Rondo only play one 5 minute shift a game, with AC playing 22-23mpg.

You're not paying attention....yesterday big game...pretty much needed this win...Rondo 22 minutes...AC 8 minutes....that's not changing anytime soon...the guy that should see his minutes go down is Green who does absolutely nothing.

So we purposely make our defense worst?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
It's going to come down to Rondo, AC, Danny Green.

What do the latter 2 do better than Rondo? Hmm.

Well AC is having a good year...passing, defense, driving the lane....Green was brought in to hit the open 3 and play D...Can't hit the open 3 and his defense is subpar at best.

But year after year he's on championship playoff teams. So "playoff" Rondo or Green?

You mean last year ...but not because of his doing...thank you Van Fleet, Kawhi and Siakam. The Spur year was 7 fricken years ago...yes give me Rondo who recently played well in the play-offs with the Pelicans and Bulls. Green averaged 6 ppg and shot 32% while getting destroyed by Klay. What have you done for me lately? LMAO

Rondo's decline is more dramatic b/c he's 6'1 and doesn't have his athleticism. I'm actually more bullish on playoff Green. He doesn't put up huge stats but his presence is important.

Rondo and Green are both on the wrong side of 30, it’s a shame that we have to rely on one or both.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I can’t see Lebron playing 40 minutes in the playoffs. He seems to get gassed during games and asks to come out. I don’t see that changing in the playoffs.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
I can’t see Lebron playing 40 minutes in the playoffs. He seems to get gassed during games and asks to come out. I don’t see that changing in the playoffs.

You looked pretty fresh at the end of the Boston game and he played 35 minutes. If he was gassed he probably misses that fadeaway

Also you underestimate the effects of stuff like EPO. I tend to think players tend to drug up for the playoffs but that's just me
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject:

it hurts my head in frustration that there's still people who think Rondo should be playing ahead of Caruso.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject:

LeBron (40) - Rondo (8)
Bradley (24) - KCP (12) - Caruso (12)
Green (26) - Kuzma (14) - KCP (8)
AD (20) - Morris (18) - Kuzma (10)
McGee (12) - Howard (16) - Davis (20)

I'd be happy with an 11-man rotation that looks like that in the playoffs honestly. Give Rondo eight non-LeBron minutes so we can at least have a ball-handler on the floor, that shouldn't affect us too much in the overall scheme of things

Minutes obviously not set in concrete, you could give/take minutes from the likes of Caruso/KCP/Green/Bradley/Morris/Kuz
#18 next...
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

You looked pretty fresh at the end of the Boston game and he played 35 minutes. If he was gassed he probably misses that fadeaway

Also you underestimate the effects of stuff like EPO. I tend to think players tend to drug up for the playoffs but that's just me

He seems to have about 8 minutes bursts and then needs rest. He is starting get subbed out at just over 4 minutes left in the 1st and then Vogel is looking to buy him a quick breather just before crunch time, even in very close games.

Against Boston, Vogel takes him out at the 6 minute mark and bring him back at about at 4:41. He did something similar against Denver and Houston.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

He seems to have about 8 minutes bursts and then needs rest. He is starting get subbed out at just over 4 minutes left in the 1st and then Vogel is looking to buy him a quick breather just before crunch time, even in very close games.

Against Boston, Vogel takes him out at the 6 minute mark and bring him back at about at 4:41. He did something similar against Denver and Houston.

That's been Vogel's subbing pattern with Lebron all year. But recently he's been inserting him back in a few minutes before 1st/3rd quarter ends... Come playoff times, both Lebron/AD minutes will ramp up. I can see them both playing the whole 1st/3rd quarter and getting some rest beginning of 2nd and 4th depending on the score. Or Vogels probably take out Lebron with a 2-3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, while AD finishes the whole 3rd, and have Lebron play the whole 4th quarter.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
it hurts my head in frustration that there's still people who think Rondo should be playing ahead of Caruso.

I would guarantee a 5-6 minute shift for Rondo. If he doesn't show "it" then move on to Caruso exclusively for the night.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

What's the website that captures Lakers line ups +/-? I keep hearing Caruso + LeBron and have the best synergy among 2-man lineups but I want to see how big.

Rondo seems to only play with intent when we're facing his former team the Celtics or it's against CP3. So only deploy Rondo if we happen to face OKC in the first round, and Boston in the Finals, but I'd still would keep a close eye on his mins.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
What's the website that captures Lakers line ups +/-? I keep hearing Caruso + LeBron and have the best synergy among 2-man lineups but I want to see how big.

Rondo seems to only play with intent when we're facing his former team the Celtics or it's against CP3. So only deploy Rondo if we happen to face OKC in the first round, and Boston in the Finals, but I'd still would keep a close eye on his mins.

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

That T. Daniels, .Z. Norvell Jr. lineup could have been killer!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
kevin_405
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

I dont think Caruso is necessarily a improvement over Rondo. He provides 5 of 10 min of energy, but i dont think he makes the passes that Rondo makes.

Thats why Vogel is getting him in when LBJ is playing to maximize the returns from Caruso.

audioaxes wrote:
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

Should depend on match ups in the playoffs.

Right now we would play the Grizz in the first round, and then the Rockets likely in the 2nd round.

If we did play the Rockets, the most likely playoff rotation would be to go a bit smaller and have excellent ability to defend Westbrook on drives.

Howard-Davis
Davis-Morris-Kuzma
Green-Kuzma-KCP
Bradley-Caruso-KCP
James-Rondo

Probably I would have McGee out of the rotation, and use Davis a lot at the 5.

But if we played the Jazz in the 2nd round, I would go with our current likely rotation which is likely 11 deep

McGee-Howard-Davis
Davis-Morris-Kuzma
Green-Kuzma-KCP
Bradley-KCP-Caruso
James-Rondo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kevin_405
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

I think we are signing Dion Waiters or JR who will be a part of the rotation. Either will get significant min with the bench if they play well.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

That T. Daniels, .Z. Norvell Jr. lineup could have been killer!

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Caruso should NEVER be the odd man out.

I don’t care about Playoff Rondo, I wanna see Playoff Caruso.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

First they need to assess what Morris has to offer..

Then I think it will depend on match-ups and who is playing well on any given night...

I'm sure Vogel will figure it out, that's why he gets the big bucks...
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

I think what we need is someone else who can facilitate/create their own shot and put points on the board. That guys may just be... Dion Waiters

If we get Waiters, this is what I'm seeing in terms of 10-Man Rotation:

LBJ
A.Bradley
D. Green
AD
McGee

Waiters
KCP
Kuzma
Morris
Howard

Caruso would be odd man out, but so would Rondo, but it all depends on how Kuzma Plays. If guys like Kuzma chooses not to show up for the playoffs, we have depth to offer.

I know Waiters has some issues/baggage, but a change of scenery may just be the medicine needed to get him playing at an Elite Level on this team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Vogel should be fired if he plays Waiters over Caruso
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I would guarantee a 5-6 minute shift for Rondo. If he doesn't show "it" then move on to Caruso exclusively for the night.

but the Lakers cant afford that margin of error against the Clippers or Bucks of giving Rondo 5+ minutes to stink it up before yanking him
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

but the Lakers cant afford that margin of error against the Clippers or Bucks of giving Rondo 5+ minutes to stink it up before yanking him

Agreed but it seems Vogel can’t let him go.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: