OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Epic: Bud is definitely COY...I agree with you completely on that one. But execs need to field a good team while meeting their bottomline of being profitable. That’s a pretty tall order for a small market team like Milwaukee.

SMT: Middleton is balling and he’s an allstar...but when it comes to “names” in the NBA, I doubt he makes top 20, particularly in a year where most of the all stars are redshirted (ie KD, Klay, Curry, etc).

I totally get your points on why Rob failed this past summer in a lot of ways, but given the sudden exit of Magic and subsequent media tour torching him, Kurt and Linda the "shadow" owners, pressure to win now from Lebron and Klutch, undervalued young players due to poor roster construction by Magic the year before and (bleep) development from our coaching staff, and above all just the flat out pressure to create a winner after years of missing the playoffs - I'd say he came out okay when all is said and done. It could be A LOT worse than 44-12 and running away with the #1 seed in the West, man.

I think this upcoming summer will be a better test of Rob the GM, when we finally have some stability all around and there are more opportunities to actually fine tune the roster and prove his worth at building around the fringes like we've always wanted from management. They've bungled a lot of assets to undo past mistakes out of pressure, and then some just out of pure stupidity from Magic's reign of terror, so the little that's left will actually force Rob to be more shrewd and calculating with his moves. We'll see what he's got up his sleeves this summer.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

TBM: It’s obvious the higher ups micromanaged the (bleep) out of Magic and Rob. First off, Luke wasn’t their coach they chose and the force fit Magic & Rob (Kob by proxy) the same way they did with force fitting the coaching staff this summer. I really would like to have seen which buddies of Magic he would have chosen to make his GM and coach. Dude was obviously a figure head and was looking to delegate tasks while overlooking the big picture decisions.

I actually believe Magic did us a favor and didn’t really deter us as a free agent destination when he quit. Think about it...we had 3 months to find a Prez, retask or partner Rob up with a new GM and hire a new coach. There would have been a long line of potential candidates to fill Magic’s spot. Instead we chose to stand pat and created the inner dialogues of the Rambii being shadow prezs with that cluster (bleep) of a coaching search. Remember that ridiculous narrative they made up of wanting to wait on Monty being hired by a competitor since our FO was split between him and Lue. Well Monty rejected us, then that narrative came out and supposedly that made it where we were unanimous in going with Lue...then suddenly that option wasn’t there anymore either. Yet folks will state we aren’t leaky anymore...really?! I mean we knew of actual packages and trade targets going into this year’s deadline. Things remain drippy folks.

Imho our regular season success is largely due to Bron balling the (bleep) out...and AD making our defense next level. Just look at the minute distributions for our roster bro...Bron/AD play 10mpg more than the next dude. We’ve had 5 guys in Dudz, Trey, Cook, THT and Boog not getting much run this year either, which is further proof just how much we rely on our duo. Meanwhile other legit title contending teams aren’t exploiting their duo to the lengths we are in securing a great regular season record. At some point the ground is going to fall out and we’ll regret not having a more balanced roster allowing us to protect/manage our duo better.

Judy Seto the real MVP for keeping our duo largely healthy through preemptive care...so I guess that’s one solid thing Rob has done right in bringing her in.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
LD01: the 12.4m caphold was due to starter status. But once he signed the QO, his 1 yr deal would only be 5.6m. And again, if he doesn’t honor the QO, he remains a restricted free agent again the following summer. The only way he becomes an unrestricted free agent is by signing the QO and playing it out for the 2018/19 season...or what we did in gifting him UFA status a year early by renouncing his rights and opening up that 12.4m caphold.

The downside of the QO was that he had a built in NTC to block any trade and even if he agreed to a trade, the 2019 summer had so many teams with cap space that they didn’t need Jules’s bird rights to give him a hefty bag ( sub intended cause he and Mintz is trash haha).

Still my underlying theme is that we tend to just throw away assets that have taken us years to collect in the name of cap space for free agency, that then goes unrealized...and again cap space that has taken years and wasted assets to accumulate.

I'm aware that Randle's 2018-19 salary would be lower than his cap hold had he taken the QO, but Randle could still wait all summer to sign that in an effort to force us to pay or renounce him. So $6.8M would be left on the table, and $5.6M would go to a disgruntled player who would 100% be leaving the following year.

It would be hard to find minutes to market him (unless the best player gets hurt, derailing the season anyway), and his NTC makes it even harder to gain leverage.

In this case, the asset "expired", much like Nerlens Noel in 2017 (and Randle didn't even get any huge offers like Noel did immediately after being traded). Teams knew the Sixers wouldn't match any large offer for a backup to their franchise player, so Philly had to dump him under market value.

Quote:

Still not a fan of our past summer at all. Essentially 2yrs of hoarded cap and lost assets for Green, Boog, Cook, Kcp and McGee (of which the latter two we had some form of bird rights to and didn’t need cap space to have resigned at those numbers).

Randle, TB, Svi, Wagner, Bonga...who else? No fan should lose sleep over those guys.

Jules lost his role when LeBron came here. We simply didn't have the minutes to develop the other guys, and can't waste cap to stash players in the G-League.

Since Bird Rights come with cap holds, what was KCP's cap hold, exactly? He was paid $12M the previous year, wouldn't the hold be $12M for the following year, (minus 890k as that's one fewer spot to fill)?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
trablos wrote:
Rob is about to win executive of the year, quote me in 12 months.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

I genuinely don’t know how can someone win GM of the year when he gave up too much in a trade and failed to sign any star player in a loaded free agency. You can come up with reasons why he couldn’t accomplish them better but judging on the roster we have, this is not very impressive.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

LD01: I agree with you that the asset “expired”, but all I’m saying is that from the 500K tampering fine for George to Jules wearing a “pay me” t-shirt to how the DLo exodus occurred for Zo, we had a poor read on how Mintz was going to operate in summer of 2018 and there were red flags all over the place. At the very least, we need better intel and a better read on players/agents in terms of pre-agency and I expected at least that much from a previous player agent like Rob. Imho, we “hope” way too much (see hoping for Kawhi in 2019 or Bron taking on the lion’s share this year and hoping he doesn’t fall) instead of being proactive in protecting ourselves in case plan A goes to (bleep). We allowed assets to “expire” instead of creating a better contingency where they don’t have to.

As for Kcp’s bird rights, if Kawhi did agree to come on board with our max cap space, then that means Kcp/Klutch had the room exception of 4.7m earmarked and in agreeing to that deal, we would have the rights to him as a full bird player this coming summer. Since we are expected to have AD re-up, we’re most likely operating as an over the cap team and with Kcp’s full bird rights in tow, we can offer him anything really as long as we’re okay in paying the tax moving forward. That doesn’t only apply to Kcp btw...we can also do that for McGee who took 4m of our cap space, when the vet min of 2.6m was also there to give him and he can see a bigger bag via his early bird rights in 2020 when we’re cap strapped and can exploit those rights to bypass the cap threshold.

I’m sorry, but we’re going to have to agree to disagree in how the FO is moving. I’m not losing sleep over the kids...I’m losing sleep over how many assets we shed or allowed to “expire” and it kind of reared it’s head at us at the trade deadline when we couldn’t provide further assets to get a deal done. With Bron on the roster, we’re in win now mode and shouldn’t be focusing on 2021 for Giannis. Round out the roster to exploit Bron’s prime window right the (bleep) now....but then you turn to our available assets to attempt in getting that done and we just can’t. We had a 34m asset this past summer and instead of restocking our assets with it (that were lost in the AD purge), we chose to look to 2021 and only provide 2 year deals to the bottom of the free agent barrel. Wild!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I genuinely don’t know how can someone win GM of the year when he gave up too much in a trade and failed to sign any star player in a loaded free agency. You can come up with reasons why he couldn’t accomplish them better but judging on the roster we have, this is not very impressive.

It’s a media award, who knows (or cares) why they vote the way they do.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

44-12, best record in the West, on pace for a 27-30 game improvement from the previous season.

In terms of giving up too much:

1) how much is too much to give up to win a chip?

2) if the Lakers win the Finals this year, will your point of view change?

3) if the Lakers win multiple chips with AD, will your view change?

Lakers gave up what was regarded as a ton when they traded for Kareem. They didn't win a chip for 4 years with Kareem, which looked bad, but the "can't miss" prospects they dealt didn't all blossom, either.

Brian Winters became a 2X All Star/very good player.
    David Meyers was supposed to become the next Dave Cowens but didn't.
    #1 pick Junior Bridgeman was a Lou Williams prequel . . . but not an All Star.
    Elmore Smith was a great defender, but injuries limited his career.

You cannot really judge how much is "too much" for a couple of seasons. Most people on other team's sites thought our offer was trash.

So far, the Lakers have given up an All Star (BI), a (still) sub 40% FG/sub 60% FT shooting Lonzo and a 7th/8th man in Hart, a so-so looking DeAndre Hunter plus three late #1 picks.

AD, meanwhile, is putting up 27/10/3 with DPOY level impact and the Lakers are on pace to have their 5th or 6th best record in 71 seasons.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

44-12, best record in the West, on pace for a 27-30 game improvement from the previous season.

Lakers gave up what was regarded as a ton when they traded for Kareem. They didn't win a chip for 4 years with Kareem, which looked bad, but the "can't miss" prospects they dealt didn't all blossom, either.

You cannot really judge how much is "too much" for a couple of seasons. Most people on other team's sites thought our offer was trash.

So far, the Lakers have given up an All Star (BI), a (still) sub 40% FG/sub 60% FT shooting Lonzo and a 7th/8th man in Hart, a so-so looking DeAndre Hunter plus three late #1 picks.

AD, meanwhile, is putting up 27/10/3 with DPOY level impact and the Lakers are on pace to have their 5th or 6th best record in 71 seasons.

It probably won’t be 3 late first round pick and AD is a free agent this year. You have to take all these into account but anyway.
My comment is on both the trade and free agency. If he made the trade and did a supreme job on the free agency to target our weaknesses then that’s worth it. We have two of the top players in the nba but the supporting casts are weak. There are major flaws of this team. Obviously if we win it all this year, my view will change looking back retrospectively. But so far, I’m not impressed with the team construction.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

I mean you could flip it around too.

How many players and draft picks could the Pels have asked for before you decided it wasn't worth it?

If we don't win a championship while LBJ and AD are together was it worth it?

If we win one chip and are not competitive for the next X number of years was it worth it?

Were the Dwight Howard and Steve Nash trades worth it?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers had to make that trade, you cannot miss the playoffs for a decade (and it was headed that way) if you are the LA Lakers.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

The post to end all posts. Very well said, Doc.

There as no error in the trade for AD. Perhaps an asset could have been saved but both sides can walk away feeling like winners. The mistake was waiting on Kawhi at the cost of losing reallllly good players but that's a different story and already being discussed in multiple threads.

We just need to figure out who's AD's post LeBron running mate. I don't blame them for wanting and waiting for Giannis but IMO we need to go for it as much as humanly possible right now and deal with that later. 1-2 chips would be fantastic.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
The Lakers had to make that trade, you cannot miss the playoffs for a decade (and it was headed that way) if you are the LA Lakers.

Exactly! Which is why I highly doubt Rob wins exec of the year. I mean, any armchair GM would trade the farm for AD. After the purge, all that was left before free agency was Bron & Kuz.

Here’s the thing I don’t understand. You whiff on Kawhi and I’m not going to entirely fault Rob for that (although from how the coaching search also went, our FO has a lack of closers)....but then you pivot to 34m in cap space and all you do is aim for the remaining free agents on 2 year deals. You could have used your cap space to take on draft compensation and a salary dump. You could have even constructed an elaborate 3way deal where either Russ or Cp3 come here along with AD. Instead, we chose to focus on 2021 flexibility rather than maximizing winning potential on a Bron/AD duo.

I mean why are we focusing on 2021, when we have a win-now duo right now? You could have taken on deals that extended past 2021 with that amount of cap space, but we chose not to.

If we do end up winning this year, you can’t tell me for a second that it was largely contingent on the “others”. I’m curious to see who steps up for us in the playoffs, but I have a tough time believing a title won this year wasn’t heavily reliant on our duo. I hope the “others” show out in the playoffs and justify the deals they got this summer. I hope Kuz proves why he was the only holdover in the AD purge. We could have possibly held onto some more control/flexibility of our future 1st round picks if Kuz was part of the AD package, so I’m hoping the FO chose wisely on that front.

Either way, our FO isn’t ideal cause we did miss out in our top choices this past summer and if you pair that with the inability of someone else to take the lead while Rob mourned over Kob’s passing at the trade deadline, I only see benefits in adding to the FO rather than standing pat.

All in all, the FO has to choose a lane and stick with it. Are you all in on capitalizing Bron’s current window or are you angling for the future on pairing AD with a younger running mate. I believe in flexibility, but not at the expense of a championship window. Bron (and/or Kuz) need to take a paycut or be shown the door for a maxed out Giannis to be paired with a maxed out AD in 2021.

I just wished the FO chose a path and went all-in on it. Either win now or set up for a future run. No matter how you approach it, if you’re setting up for a title, you strengthen that opportunity to the fullest.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Are there people still complaining about the AD trade which was a great trade for both teams....Yes, both teams. Not sure why some think we gave up too much for a top 5 player. Sure, Ingram is a good player and the trade wouldn't have happened without some talent exchanged....Lonzo is decent and Hart is a role player....picks are whatever they are at this point...

Regardless, it was the right trade and I am happy with the result.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Did AD force his way here, all but eliminating Boston in the bidding war?

Did AD get locked up via extension after the deal or is he still a walking FA?

Do we have control over our future draft picks to perform trades in the short-term (ie we were unable to trade a 1st at this year's trade deadline)?

Did we have to dump assets to clear a max spot? Did we even have a max slot player commit to us before we did?

Did we give up too much for AD?

Do some fans even understand that premise?

#RhetoricalQs
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
LD01: I agree with you that the asset “expired”, but all I’m saying is that from the 500K tampering fine for George to Jules wearing a “pay me” t-shirt to how the DLo exodus occurred for Zo, we had a poor read on how Mintz was going to operate in summer of 2018 and there were red flags all over the place. At the very least, we need better intel and a better read on players/agents in terms of pre-agency and I expected at least that much from a previous player agent like Rob.

Randle was not a significant asset when Rob took over. This is not something any GM can change, and taking over a bad team that needed to lose just to keep its best assets (as the Lakers did three years ago) isn't the ideal situation to build up your fringe assets.

Paul George's recruitment was a swing-and-miss, but his choosing Westbrook over LeBron isn't something to lay at the Lakers' feet. Trading several assets for him would've been a mistake, especially when he later chose to remain on a first round doormat, rather than join a player who'd been to the Finals eight years running.

Quote:
As for Kcp’s bird rights, if Kawhi did agree to come on board with our max cap space, then that means Kcp/Klutch had the room exception of 4.7m earmarked and in agreeing to that deal, we would have the rights to him as a full bird player this coming summer. Since we are expected to have AD re-up, we’re most likely operating as an over the cap team and with Kcp’s full bird rights in tow, we can offer him anything really as long as we’re okay in paying the tax moving forward. That doesn’t only apply to Kcp btw...we can also do that for McGee who took 4m of our cap space, when the vet min of 2.6m was also there to give him and he can see a bigger bag via his early bird rights in 2020 when we’re cap strapped and can exploit those rights to bypass the cap threshold.

But since Kawhi didn't sign, these Bird Rights are all moot (with regards to criticism of our roster construction), and offering KCP his current deal became necessary, as anything less would be disrespectful. KCP might take less to join a top-heavy superteam, but being paid one-third of newcomer Danny Green's salary makes him and Rich look foolish.

Quote:
I’m sorry, but we’re going to have to agree to disagree in how the FO is moving. I’m not losing sleep over the kids...I’m losing sleep over how many assets we shed or allowed to “expire” and it kind of reared it’s head at us at the trade deadline when we couldn’t provide further assets to get a deal done. With Bron on the roster, we’re in win now mode and shouldn’t be focusing on 2021 for Giannis. Round out the roster to exploit Bron’s prime window right the (bleep) now....but then you turn to our available assets to attempt in getting that done and we just can’t. We had a 34m asset this past summer and instead of restocking our assets with it (that were lost in the AD purge), we chose to look to 2021 and only provide 2 year deals to the bottom of the free agent barrel. Wild!

Wouldn't call Green/KCP/McGee/Bradley/Boogie bottom of the barrel. Without using hindsight (or trying to shoehorn players like RHJ who wouldn't have a role here), only Derrick Rose and 'Kieff were obvious misses, and Rose committed under market value early in free agency.

There were no other free agents or salary dumps available. Butler's quote on the Lakers came before Miami had the ability to acquire him, he even expressed interest in Miami during the same interview.

I admit our 2018 1st round pick from Cleveland should've been traded for a future protected 1st round pick, if possible, or two 2nds projected in the 30s. Last year's team was far from ideal to develop Wagner and Bonga on the fly.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

AD already said he wouldn't sign an extension and would explore his options this coming summer.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/12/anthony-davis-free-agency-2020-pelicans-trade-rumors
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

AD already said he wouldn't sign an extension and would explore his options this coming summer.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/12/anthony-davis-free-agency-2020-pelicans-trade-rumors

I think that's the point he's making
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

I think that's the point he's making

Then it's a very weak point.

AD wasn't signing an extension anywhere. It would cost him money and surrender his leverage. The fact that he waived his trade kicker told the Lakers everything they needed to know.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

LD01: I’m no fan of Jules...but there was a large contingent that valued Jules and if we never traded him at the deadline and placed a QO on him to keep him restricted before the July moratorium, maybe it showed that we valued him too. Either way, dude was a 7th overall pick and we’re going to have to agree to disagree, cause no matter how you cut it, imo an asset was lost with nothing to show for it. At the very least you hand him a bag to get him paid and use him as salary filler with the Pels or work in a 3way to dump him (see the Wiz loving our kids).

As for no other assets left after Kawhi passed...we had 34m in cap, the AD trade couldn’t be official till July 6th and with Kawhi forcing Okc to move George, Russ was available and Htown was obviously interested in offloading Cp3.

A 3way deal or even a 4way deal still including the Wiz could have brought back a 3rd to pair with Bron/AD. At the very least we could facilitate a trade with Miami, Htown and/or Okc to have salary dumped on us along with draft pick incentives while Cp3 goes to Miami. The reason none of this was possible was cause we didn’t want to add salary that extended past 2021 and this led to scrapping the barrel for 2 year max deals with what was remaining on the market. Again agree to disagree but 34m in cap space was a great asset to have and we didn’t maximize its potential imo.

As for giving up the farm for AD, at the very least you expect dude to get locked up via an extension that takes him to 2022 where he gets a 35% max deal. That didn’t even happen... and even if he claimed he wanted to explore free agency, we still could offer him a 30%max extension directly after trading for him. But of course we couldn’t cause he waived his trade kicker to make room for Kawhi’s max, which didn’t happen and instead the barrel players got paid some extra dough as a result. Btw, Simmons, Bledsoe, Wall, Dejounte, Dray, Waiters, Tristan, JR are all Klutch klients that took extensions. Again, all we had to do was offer to see if it would take, but we couldn’t cause we talked dude into waiving it for Kawhi...woof.

But Rob exec of the year and deserves an extension....weeeeak!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Are there people still complaining about the AD trade which was a great trade for both teams....Yes, both teams. Not sure why some think we gave up too much for a top 5 player. Sure, Ingram is a good player and the trade wouldn't have happened without some talent exchanged....Lonzo is decent and Hart is a role player....picks are whatever they are at this point...

Regardless, it was the right trade and I am happy with the result.

Seems like it.
Would be nice for Rob to win.
Would be nice for the Lakers to win everything.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

The Lakers and Pelicans negotiated like they knew that the Lakers had to make the trade. I use the word negotiate loosely since the Lakers were bidding against themselves. They got what they had to have but gave up avenues to fill around Lebron and AD in the process. That is why the MLE and potential trades of ending contracts after the season are so critical.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

We don't miss the playoffs with a healthy LBJ. Oh and if he wasn't healthy this year, we are probably a lottery team.
Flavors
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
LD01: I’m no fan of Jules...but there was a large contingent that valued Jules and if we never traded him at the deadline and placed a QO on him to keep him restricted before the July moratorium, maybe it showed that we valued him too. Either way, dude was a 7th overall pick and we’re going to have to agree to disagree, cause no matter how you cut it, imo an asset was lost with nothing to show for it. At the very least you hand him a bag to get him paid and use him as salary filler with the Pels or work in a 3way to dump him (see the Wiz loving our kids).

As for no other assets left after Kawhi passed...we had 34m in cap, the AD trade couldn’t be official till July 6th and with Kawhi forcing Okc to move George, Russ was available and Htown was obviously interested in offloading Cp3.

A 3way deal or even a 4way deal still including the Wiz could have brought back a 3rd to pair with Bron/AD. At the very least we could facilitate a trade with Miami, Htown and/or Okc to have salary dumped on us along with draft pick incentives while Cp3 goes to Miami. The reason none of this was possible was cause we didn’t want to add salary that extended past 2021 and this led to scrapping the barrel for 2 year max deals with what was remaining on the market. Again agree to disagree but 34m in cap space was a great asset to have and we didn’t maximize its potential imo.

As for giving up the farm for AD, at the very least you expect dude to get locked up via an extension that takes him to 2022 where he gets a 35% max deal. That didn’t even happen... and even if he claimed he wanted to explore free agency, we still could offer him a 30%max extension directly after trading for him. But of course we couldn’t cause he waived his trade kicker to make room for Kawhi’s max, which didn’t happen and instead the barrel players got paid some extra dough as a result. Btw, Simmons, Bledsoe, Wall, Dejounte, Dray, Waiters, Tristan, JR are all Klutch klients that took extensions. Again, all we had to do was offer to see if it would take, but we couldn’t cause we talked dude into waiving it for Kawhi...woof.

But Rob exec of the year and deserves an extension....weeeeak!

Those example don’t apply here. All of those Klutch clients either accepted rookie extensions or took less than the max. AD had a major financial incentive to turn down an extension now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 116 of 243
Jump to: