2020 Playoff Seeding Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: 2020 Playoff Seeding Thread

Quote:
pickuphoop
@pickuphoop
Nuggets have the 6th hardest remaining strength of schedule. Clippers and Rockets look like they are going to finish as the 2-3 seed, order tbd.

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1232927738375364609
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Obviously need to see Houston and Clips pair off in the second round for easiest path towards the WCF.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

Clippers and Rockets in the WCSF. Sounds great.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Our remaining strength of schedule is the easiest of the top 5?

Noice!
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Our remaining strength of schedule is the easiest of the top 5?

Noice!

Our last 12 games are really easy besides the Clippers and maybe OKC.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Obviously need to see Houston and Clips pair off in the second round for easiest path towards the WCF.

This is the dream scenario for the Lakers.

Rockets and Clippers the two least favorable matchups for the Lakers.

Rockets - Spread you out, small ball 3 point chucking team with now space for Harden and Russ to attack. If the Lakers can’t somewhat keep up with 3s and dominate offensive and defensive boards, could lose that series easy.

Clippers - Have the wing personnel to neutralize Lebron and AD and have the offensive firepower advantage.

Denver - Probably the next least favorable if they had someone to stop Lebron. Jokic struggles a bit with AD/Dwight.

Utah - Overrated, still ultra dependent on Mitchell against the elite.

The rest of West is not quite contender yet. Although Dallas could be scary if Porzingis plays to potential.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I'd love to face Memphis on the first round. Hopefully not the Blazers.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Anything can happen, but the likelihood of Memphis holding that #8 is nearly impossible.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Rockets - Spread you out, small ball 3 point chucking team with now space for Harden and Russ to attack. If the Lakers can’t somewhat keep up with 3s and dominate offensive and defensive boards, could lose that series easy.

Clippers - Have the wing personnel to neutralize Lebron and AD and have the offensive firepower advantage.

Denver - Probably the next least favorable if they had someone to stop Lebron. Jokic struggles a bit with AD/Dwight.

The rest of West is not quite contender yet. Although Dallas could be scary if Porzingis plays to potential.

I'm actually more scared of Dallas than Denver. Just think we match up really well with the Nuggets. 48 minutes of AD/Dwight will wear Jokic out, as we've seen, and they can't attack our weak point on the perimeter as much because they don't have any big scoring wings outside of MPJ who's a rookie bench player. Their guards are small, and so the Green, Bradley, Caruso trio works. Above all, they have no one to check Bron.

If we're on a roll, I could even see us sweeping them, though more likely they'll swipe a game or two off Jokic's talent and Murray or someone getting hot. But that's a dream WCSF matchup for us while the Clips and Rockets beat each other up, leaving us fresh for the WCF.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

And yes, I'd much rather play the Pels in Round 1 than see Dame, who we've had no answer for since the day he arrived in the NBA...
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject:

ideal standings:

Lakers
Rockets
Clippers
Nuggets
Jazz
Thunder
Mavs
Memphis

Clippers would likely have to go through 6 and 7 game series before reaching the Lakers in the conf finals
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
Clippers and Rockets in the WCSF. Sounds great.

Going to be a good one! And I hope they beat the crap out of each other!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

I think the Lakers should be favored over any team in the West. With that being said, I think the Clippers pose a much tougher match-up than the Rockets. I just feel that the Rockets are going to get exposed by a well-coached team on both ends of the floor.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
I think the Lakers should be favored over any team in the West. With that being said, I think the Clippers pose a much tougher match-up than the Rockets. I just feel that the Rockets are going to get exposed by a well-coached team on both ends of the floor.

Yup, i'm not nearly as concerned as some about the Rockets once it's in the Playoffs. The only team I think that is on an even playing field with us is the Clippers.

The Rockets are still dangerous though I just feel like we have the clear advantage in that series and it's ours to lose. The rest of the WC isn't too worrisome.

IDC who we play in the first round but if the Clippers and Rockets can play in the Semi's that would clearly be the best case scenario as we would only have to play one of them to get to the Finals.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Same here. I do not want Blazers whatsoever
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
danzag wrote:

More I think about it, that would be the toughest series out of Memphis/Pels/Kings/Blazers.

Rest of Blazers schedule is pretty favorable.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Next weeks game against the 76er at home should be an easy one now, no Embiid and no Simmons
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Clippers would likely have to go through 6 and 7 game series before reaching the Lakers in the conf finals

If the Clippers wind up matched up with the Thunder, they might not make it past. OKC is playing very well and there are so many storylines there. I'd put more faith in the Clipper expats than I would in George.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:48 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
danzag wrote:

Dame would wreck us but rest of their team is crap come playoffs... Even CJ runs hot and cold
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I'm actually more scared of Dallas than Denver. Just think we match up really well with the Nuggets. 48 minutes of AD/Dwight will wear Jokic out, as we've seen, and they can't attack our weak point on the perimeter as much because they don't have any big scoring wings outside of MPJ who's a rookie bench player. Their guards are small, and so the Green, Bradley, Caruso trio works. Above all, they have no one to check Bron.

If we're on a roll, I could even see us sweeping them, though more likely they'll swipe a game or two off Jokic's talent and Murray or someone getting hot. But that's a dream WCSF matchup for us while the Clips and Rockets beat each other up, leaving us fresh for the WCF.

You are underestimating the depth of the Nuggets. They are capable of playing really tough defense and can go on some impressive scoring runs. They are streaky and developing. Gaining the experience to win in the playoffs. Guys like Plumlee( their Howard), Milsap, Craig. Even a guy like MPJ is arguably having a bigger impact then Kuzma.

Playoffs this year are going to be incredible. As was pointed out, there is an argument for several teams for different reasons. Going to depend what n who gets hot and who can stay focused every night. An advantage I’d like to give to this veteran Laker team.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

If the Clippers wind up matched up with the Thunder, they might not make it past. OKC is playing very well and there are so many storylines there. I'd put more faith in the Clipper expats than I would in George.

In a best of 5 agreed. Unfortunately round 1 been 7 games for while now (which I hate) and Okc has no chance to beat lac 4 out of 7 unfortunately
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject:

In a playoff series I'm not terribly worried about any team in the west. The only team I'm worried about are the Bucks.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Re Denver - I find them very overrated, in part because I think Jokic is not a number 1 guy and honestly Im not sure murray is much better than say kuzma if you gave kuzma that many minutes and volume. They have some “nice” pieces but imo are just a hiccup for most championship caliber teams. If i was Denver id make a push for them to get a real no 1 option to play with Jokic then theyd be dangerous.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
And yes, I'd much rather play the Pels in Round 1 than see Dame, who we've had no answer for since the day he arrived in the NBA...

Yup - Lillard can go Nuclear for a few games (eg a series) and frankly when that happens he is unguardable. He will hit close to half court bombs and drain them and demoralize a team. Youd basically need to try and double the ball out of his hands all game.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Re Denver - I find them very overrated, in part because I think Jokic is not a number 1 guy and honestly Im not sure murray is much better than say kuzma if you gave kuzma that many minutes and volume. They have some “nice” pieces but imo are just a hiccup for most championship caliber teams. If i was Denver id make a push for them to get a real no 1 option to play with Jokic then theyd be dangerous.

As we ramp up towards playoffs, I have noticed the gap growing. Initially, I liked that Denver had the #1 defense which indicates that they understand, but they seem to have reverted back to old Denver. Utah looked good getting a couple of good wins but now they look like frauds.

Lakers, Clippers, Rockets

Nuggets
Mavs, Jazz, OKC

Pelicans, Blazers, Grizzlies, Sac
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: