Just The Quotes (Lakers vs Bucks Edition)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Just The Quotes (Lakers vs Bucks Edition)

Great win last night! Here are a few quotes from players and coaches:

LBJ
Quote:
“(I was) just taking the challenge, and understanding that if I take the challenge the rest of us will take the challenge as well,” James said of his defensive effort against Antetokounmpo. “We all did that. It wasn’t just me.”

AD
Quote:
“He took the matchup. I mean I had a couple fouls and he only had one, so he told me at the end of the second,” Davissaid. “It worked for us so we stuck with it and we went on a run, and then down the stretch I went back to guard him, and then he went back to guard him.”

Vogel
Quote:
“Just an incredibly remarkable performance,” Vogel said. “He is a basketball savant, he obviously felt like he needed to assert himself offensively with the coverages, and he did that and was a big part of that stretch.”

LBJ
Quote:
“I came here to put this team and put this franchise back where it needed to be,” James said. “The league is not what it is if the Lakers are not winning.”

LINK

Greek Freak
Quote:
“It’s always good playing against one of the best players in the league," Antetokounmpo said. "Like, you can feel whenever he brings the ball down, whenever you go against him, you can feel greatness. Obviously, I’ve said in the past that’s what I want to be. … He’s going to come at you and you got to be ready to go, got to be ready to fight against him. I think we were ready to fight."

Bucks Coach
Quote:
“He made it look and sound like he was OK," Budenholzer said, noting he had a conversation with Antetokounmpo and the team's medical staff during a timeout. "Anytime anybody takes a fall – Giannis isn’t any different than anybody else, we need everybody – so yeah, it was pretty scary. Hopefully, everything is fine. ...

“We do have to protect him from himself, but pretty confident that he was OK to keep going.”

“We got to beat people to spots, we got to be more fundamental," Budenholzer said. "I think at times the emotion maybe (got to us) and the basketball intellect wasn’t where it needed to be. We had some fouls that were just silly."

LINK

LBJ
Quote:
“We know who we are, and this is great competition,” James said. “To have the opportunity to compete at a high level, that’s fun and exciting. But we know what we’re capable of.”

Vogel
Quote:
“What was more impressive to me was his defense on Giannis,” Lakers coach Frank Vogel said. “For him to take on that assignment and still do what he did offensively, just an incredible performance.”

Greek Freak
Quote:
“We definitely did not play smart,” Antetokounmpo said. “We put them at the line so easily. We’ve just got to do better. Obviously we’re going to learn a lot from this game.”

Bucks Coach
Quote:
“They were just better,” Milwaukee coach Mike Budenholzer said. “They’re a very good team. They do a lot of things well. I think it’s good for us, though. We’ll learn from it, and we’ll be better.”

Enemy LINK

Bron getting ready for the Clippers
Quote:
"We know how well they've been playing as of late," James said. "They're at full strength. We're at full strength. And we look forward to the challenge to see how we can match up with them again. So, you know, the first game, we kind of threw that game out the window. It's the first game of the season. Who were we? Who were they? They had way more returning guys than we did [at that point]. We were still trying to figure out ourselves.

"And then the Christmas Day game, we didn't play to our capabilities. We played great in the first half and then the second half we let it kind of get away from us. So we just look forward to see if we can continue to play good basketball, no matter win, lose or draw."

LINK
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Greek Freak
Quote:
“It’s always good playing against one of the best players in the league," Antetokounmpo said. "Like, you can feel whenever he brings the ball down, whenever you go against him, you can feel greatness. Obviously, I’ve said in the past that’s what I want to be. … He’s going to come at you and you got to be ready to go, got to be ready to fight against him. I think we were ready to fight."

Nice to see Caruso getting recognition around the league.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Quote:

Greek Freak
Quote:
“It’s always good playing against one of the best players in the league," Antetokounmpo said. "Like, you can feel whenever he brings the ball down, whenever you go against him, you can feel greatness. Obviously, I’ve said in the past that’s what I want to be. … He’s going to come at you and you got to be ready to go, got to be ready to fight against him. I think we were ready to fight."

Nice to see Caruso getting recognition around the league.

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Texas_Pete!
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Classy response from the Bucks. Sometimes when teams steamroll through the season, they get really snarky when they lose on a given night. They didn't play that punk role that you see so often from the Clippers or the Celtics.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: