Lebron in the Post

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:51 am    Post subject: Lebron in the Post

After All Star Game, Lebron has been going to the post more often and I think it's effective. Lebron posted up Holiday, Hart, Zion, Giannis, Kawhi and PG. These guys are good perimeter defenders so Lebron bring them to the post. I think he should continue going into the post in the playoffs.

Can somebody post his his stat in the post.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject:

Lebron is averaging 1 point per possession on his post ups, which is good. For comparison's sake AD averages 0.93 points per possession, which is also pretty good.

Notable post players and their points per possession:

Embiid: 1.12 (Leads league)
Brook Lopez: 1.08
Jokic: 1.06
DeRozen: 1.02
Jimmy Butler: 1.02
Lebron: 1.0
Harrell: 0.99
Zion: 0.98
Aldridge: 0.97
Kawhi/Tobias Harris: 0.96
Giannis/KAT: 0.95
Love: 0.94
AD/Tatum/Sabonis: 0.93
Randle/Siakum: 0.92
B. Simmons/Blake Griffin: 0.91
Millsap/Horford/Carmelo: 0.9

I don't know what his recent numbers have been there, but they have been improved. The last time I checked this (2 or 3 weeks ago) Lebron was at 0.97 and AD at 0.91. So both have been somewhat better recently.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Lebron in the Post

leking006 wrote:
After All Star Game, Lebron has been going to the post more often and I think it's effective. Lebron posted up Holiday, Hart, Zion, Giannis, Kawhi and PG. These guys are good perimeter defenders so Lebron bring them to the post. I think he should continue going into the post in the playoffs.

Can somebody post his his stat in the post.

If you follow Lebron it's been a routine for him every year... He works more in the post late in the season gearing up for the playoffs. It's part of load managing, pacing, and trying to keep himself fresh. Working in the post all year takes a toll in your body.

In the playoffs he works on the box a lot. He also controls the pace of the game that way...
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject:

Bron has come a long way with his post game. He's legit down there now and an absolute load to deal with.

I've been hoping he spent more time down there as well. I've seen him post Giannis, Kawhi, PG, etc. with good results.

PG, for example isn't strong enough to deal with Bron on that low block. Players lose their legs in the 4th quarter. Case in point: PG was torching us in the 1st half (19 points). In the 4th, all he scored was 2 points off of freebies.

Post defense wears on players. Don't do it all game, but get Bron on the block and wear their perimeter defenders down. Kawhi too (he not 100% - that's why he load manages).
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't it be funny if LeBron wears down both Kawhi and PG in the playoffs by taking their asses to the post and bullying them? AD should do this too, and i saw him being more aggressive against Kawhi last game.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject:

I like what I saw against the Clippers.

Early in the game Lebron took it to the post and attacked the clippers. In the 4th he used the screens from teammates to hunt specific matchups.

These are the 2 situations where Lebron can still beat his man.

The clippers despite all their capable personnel had all sorts of issues stopping Lebron. AD at the 5 provides the spacing.

Last edited by LakerSD on Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject:

teams will double team that soon i would think, open shooters have to make shots
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Early in the game Lebron took it to the post and attacked the clippers. In the 4th he used the screens from teammates to hunt specific matchups.

The clippers despite all their capable personnel had all sorts of issues stopping Lebron. AD at the 5 provides the spacing.

Amazing mismatch hunting by Lebron, he basically made Lou Williams unolayable in the 4th, and when Williams got bench he went to Morris.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBEinstein/status/1237101054094868480
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Amazing mismatch hunting by Lebron, he basically made Lou Williams unolayable in the 4th, and when Williams got bench he went to Morris.

i wonder why Doc didn't just double him? making some other players shoot. maybe he is saving it for the playoffs.
whenever Rondo is on the floor, they will put Lou on him, and double Lebron on the pick and roll to make Rondo do something.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

i wonder why Doc didn't just double him? making some other players shoot. maybe he is saving it for the playoffs.
whenever Rondo is on the floor, they will put Lou on him, and double Lebron on the pick and roll to make Rondo do something.

He did try it. Lou and Kawhi had Lebron doubled (I think more to do with a defensive breakdown on Lou's part) and Lebron found Avery for the three. It happened again and I think Lebron found KCP open who drove for a layup.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

The problem with doubling Lebron in the 4th is there's nobody to protect the lane for the Clippers because either Morris or AD is playing the 5. So not only does it open up the 3 ball but it opens up driving lanes for say KCP.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Lately, Lebron has also been defending in the post with great results.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Whoever did this is a living legend. I laughed because it is true.

Pat Bev is an offensive liability. Sweet Lou is a defensive liability. Jackson is a ball hog.

Doc got some business decisions to make regarding his backcourt.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Whoever did this is a living legend. I laughed because it is true.

Pat Bev is an offensive liability. Sweet Lou is a defensive liability. Jackson is a ball hog.

Doc got some business decisions to make regarding his backcourt.

...and Marcus is ball hog who's taking shots away from PG and KL. I can't remember who said it but Marcus Morris still thinks he's THE man like he was in NY. In LA, he is just A man. Like I said, too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Rather then shooting long range 3's, I prefer him to LePost more often on the wing and back down smaller defenders for a turnaround fade, or spin to the basket. But he's efficient enough, and his post defense is currently excellent.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: