DEFENSE!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: DEFENSE!

I still believe that the NBA season will resume after a few weeks off and when it does I think that the Lakers will win it all because of defense. If you look at the raptors team last season they surrounded KL with a bunch of other players that came into the league because of their defense and then evolved as players. This Laker team used that strategy and took it to a whole other level.

Every player in our rotation was drafted because of their defensive ability, length, hustle, athleticism and then evolved as basketball players except Kuzma and maybe waiters. We also bring a lot of championship experience from either the NBA or NCAA levels.

Howard - DPOY nuff said. Took a team to finals
AD - drafted for his defense. Evolved. NCAA champ
Morris - drafted for his defense/hustle. His bro was drafted for offense.
Javale - length, athleticism, shot blocking. Champ
Green - defense. Champ
AVERY - defense
KCP - defense, 3 ball
Caruso - fought his way into the nba with defense and IQ, SL champ
Rondo - defense, length, iq. Champ
Lebron - nuff said

Even our older players will still be able to be counted on defensively when it matters. Rondo still has exceptional length that will bother guards in the playoffs and Lebron can still lockdown when he wants to. Even players like Kuzma and waiters have shown to be ok defensively when they are locked in.

This team is going to win it all because when the game slows down in the playoffs, and defense becomes more important, we are stacked with defenders 2 deep at every position.

lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: DEFENSE!

PICKnPOP wrote:
I still believe that the NBA season will resume after a few weeks off and when it does I think that the Lakers will win it all because of defense. If you look at the raptors team last season they surrounded KL with a bunch of other players that came into the league because of their defense and then evolved as players. This Laker team used that strategy and took it to a whole other level.

Every player in our rotation was drafted because of their defensive ability, length, hustle, athleticism and then evolved as basketball players except Kuzma and maybe waiters. We also bring a lot of championship experience from either the NBA or NCAA levels.

Green - defense. Champ
AVERY - defense
KCP - defense, 3 ball
Lebron - nuff said

Even our older players will still be able to be counted on defensively when it matters. Rondo still has exceptional length that will bother guards in the playoffs and Lebron can still lockdown when he wants to. Even players like Kuzma and waiters have shown to be ok defensively when they are locked in.

This team is going to win it all because when the game slows down in the playoffs, and defense becomes more important, we are stacked with defenders 2 deep at every position.

I agree. You see I think the Lakers defensive strategy is awesome. Use great parameter defenders to chase them off the 3 points line into our big men at the rim. The mid range pull up jumper will be available but that is the most inefficient shot.

I like this post because there won’t be much basketball talk right now. But good thing is this post may be near the top of the most recent for a while.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: DEFENSE!

lar9149 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Green - defense. Champ
AVERY - defense
KCP - defense, 3 ball
Lebron - nuff said

I agree. You see I think the Lakers defensive strategy is awesome. Use great parameter defenders to chase them off the 3 points line into our big men at the rim. The mid range pull up jumper will be available but that is the most inefficient shot.

I like this post because there won’t be much basketball talk right now. But good thing is this post may be near the top of the most recent for a while.

I agree we have a great defensive strategy. I still believe that this team has another gear they can put it into when it’s game time. We saw that gear against the clippers and bucks.

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

I agree with both of you guys agreeing...!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: DEFENSE!

PICKnPOP wrote:

Green - defense. Champ
AVERY - defense
KCP - defense, 3 ball
Lebron - nuff said

This post certainly mixes decades. Howard isn’t a DPOY, lately he hasn’t even been good. Javelle and Rondo are not champs, they played on a lottery team last season. I know it is boring with no games but let’s not stretch reality that far.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

I’m assuming this will be a break for a while but we will resume. I think the break will be good for Howard. It did feel like he didn’t have his second wind yet. It will be good for AC, too, since this will be a long season and he may not be used to that yet.

On the negative ... Rondo is a lost cause defensively. Just not consistently able to be disruptive and gets worked over too much.

On the positive ... Kuz being able to hold his own and at times surprise opponents defensively is big. The Morris/Kuzma combo allows us much more flexibility. In the playoffs they go after the weak spots relentlessly and defensive flexibility is what gets you through. We got a lot of that.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
I’m assuming this will be a break for a while but we will resume. I think the break will be good for Howard. It did feel like he didn’t have his second wind yet. It will be good for AC, too, since this will be a long season and he may not be used to that yet.

On the negative ... Rondo is a lost cause defensively. Just not consistently able to be disruptive and gets worked over too much.

On the positive ... Kuz being able to hold his own and at times surprise opponents defensively is big. The Morris/Kuzma combo allows us much more flexibility. In the playoffs they go after the weak spots relentlessly and defensive flexibility is what gets you through. We got a lot of that.

True, Rondo has been horrible but I still feel like with his length he can still hold his own when he wants to. Maybe that will be a part of playoff rondo ( if he exists).

Kuzma has been much better than I expected on that end of the floor. If he can play anything like he played the last couple of games in the playoffs we will be set.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: