In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Vanessa posts a photo of Natalia standing in front of a Kobe/Gigi mural

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9fQ8bWjxyA/?igshid=tjffl16d5o05

My Lord, what a Beauty.
So wrong that her little Sis and her Pops won’t be here for all the ups and downs the rest of her life.
But she will never forget the impact of her Father and how many people love him.
I better leave it at that...gonna start tearing up if I write any more Lol
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject:

Hearing Hubie Brown's voice is tough.

"Today is the saddest day in my basketball career."

The Best Kobe tribute video

DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE TEARING UP

GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
GTL wrote:
Vanessa posts a photo of Natalia standing in front of a Kobe/Gigi mural

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9fQ8bWjxyA/?igshid=tjffl16d5o05

My Lord, what a Beauty.
So wrong that her little Sis and her Pops won’t be here for all the ups and downs the rest of her life.
But she will never forget the impact of her Father and how many people love him.
I better leave it at that...gonna start tearing up if I write any more Lol

Ya I realized after continuously watching Kobe highlight videos that I'm clearly not over this yet.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:

Had to shut it down. As long ago as this happened I'm still in disbelief.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:

Had to shut it down. As long ago as this happened I'm still in disbelief.

It's not "long ago". It's been a month and a half. I share your sentiiment about being in disbelief, though. I just randomly watch different videos and tributes almost every day. Kimmel's tribute show is my favourite, good to see Kobe relaxed and joyful, sharing laughs with his teammates and Jimmy. Can't believe he's really gone.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

How he talks about Magic, HIV and the announcement.

Never could have we known we would be feeling ten times worse than the Magic HIV announcement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Why Kobe? Why Gianna? I'll never completely understand why. Everyone has different reasoning I won't delve into.

But from a human perspective, I just can't understand how these two beautiful people were taken from us this soon.

The legend and his heir.

It's unfair beyond reproach.

Like many of you, I'll continue mourning this loss. It will never leave me.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I still can't stop thinking about Kobe and it makes me sad when I am least expecting it. This Coronavirus stuff and shutting down the league is very sad but it just matches the way I have already been feeling. I have been in a funk since January 26th and I have not come out of it yet..
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject:

Almost glad Covid happened so my mind got distracted from this thread
Open it im already misty eyed off the first words I read

Anything that has to do with the GIANT hole in that beautiful family...
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Very nice story of Chris Bosh's front row seat to Kobe's 81.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Great Kobe story

https://twitter.com/MocoKosso/status/1238570059951472650?s=09
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject:

ahahahhhha i guarded the first two moves man, he ain't supposed to have a third one
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

LAKERS -at- MAGIC - 6/14 - Thoughts and Ratings

Quote:
The Return of Little Larry... The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have torn up the abandoned carnival looking for the magicians. Between a smashed Gravitron and an overturned "Can Alley" game trailer, you spot tracks and drops of blood through the broken glass and debris. You follow them until you reach a puddle of blood in the shadow of a vintage Sellner Tilt-a-Whirl. It's fresh, but the trail of your wounded opponent ends here -- a pool of blood on the golden stones of this courtyard. Something is familiar about this. You suddenly slip on the slick stones and your hand plunges into the blood ... it's cold. You quickly wipe it off your shirt, and that's when it hits you -- the same image that has been haunting you for months. You replay the scene in your head:

You see Little Larry O'Brien standing on yellow stones amid a raging battle, the wounded falling at his feet. Hands reach for him and are struck down. Bold rushes are made toward him and collapse just short. Behind him, a large number "16" is etched in the stone of an archway. You look down and see the blood on your hands.

You look across the courtyard at the archway you entered at the start of this battle and spot the large number "16". You look at the blood on your hands. You look at the open carriages all around you that contain Little Larry and his look-a-likes. That's when you realize why the Horsemen have brought you here. Little Larry speaks to you. Closing your eyes, you instantly sense which one he is.

This is your moment. This is your time to seize it. Go! Go Now! The instant you make your run for him... all hell breaks loose. Out of the debris, the magicians rise. The trail of blood was a trap. You knew it, but now you run. You run as fast as you can for Little Larry.

A magician falls to your right as Famine brings him down with a precision weapon throw from long distance. You side step another fallen magician and Destruction clears a path using his size. You hurdle another as Pestilence hammers him to the ground.

You are just a few feet from Little Larry, but the largest magician suddenly cuts you off. He raises a sword and you are done for. Out of nowhere, Death blocks the blow. He attacks, hangs in the air, switches his sword from left to right and cuts him down as Death falls to the ground.

Now! Take him. Now! You dive for the Golden Child. Your hands reach out and grasp Little Larry.

As you touch Larry, he hits you with music and images. Bells ring out near and far, one for each victory in the field of battle. With each bell a flood of memories flash through your head: The repeated devastation of Nuggetville; the Fat Man in the ruffled, peach-colored tuxedo shirt playing the maracas; the defeat of the Green Menace; a fallen church of King James; whispers from suburban Rocketville; being chased by an axe-wielding Tin Man who wants your heart; swimming in the permanently embalmed city of Clipperville, like a giant jar of pickled sea monkeys; passing the tests from a young bad ass called "The Doctor" and a riddle-speaking MJ; overcoming the little she-Damien and her psychotic "Stranger must die!" mantras; the defeat of the magicians...

The images fade away as you hear a familiar voice. "What would you do to save Little Larry? Would you move heaven and earth?" You open your eyes and see Angel standing next to you. "Yes. Yes, I would," you reply. A tear streaks down her cheek, but she seems finally at peace. You pick yourself up off the ground. "May I?" she asks, looking at Little Larry. You hand him to her and she cradles him like a mother cradles a baby.

"Thank you," she says again and again. "Thank you... Thank you..."

As she stares lovingly at Little Larry, it's not her face that is reflected back. It is the multi-colored faces and eyes of a million others. That's when you understand something about her that you only now realize. She looks at you, then hands Little Larry back. "But?..." you sputter. She puts a finger to your lips and kisses you on the forehead.

What you realize now is that Angel wasn't a flesh and blood woman.

She wasn't Dorothy to your Toto. She was Oz.

She wasn't Ilsa to your Victor or Rick. She was Casablanca.

She wasn't flesh and blood. She was your city. She was Los Angeles. And she is finally at peace.

You turn to the Four Horsemen who have gathered around, and you hand them Little Larry O'Brien. They pass him from one another, then collectively hold him above their heads while jumping up and down. They let out warrior screams. They dance. They laugh. They cry. And it is beautiful.

A tired, battle weary, emotionally drained man approaches. He pats you on the back, slips a piece of purple and gold paper in your hands, then strolls down the street on his way. You unfold the paper, it's from DancingBarry. You read the note, then look up to see where he went, but he's gone. This note is different from all the others. You read it once more. It is simple, but you love the way it sounds:

The Reign of the Four Horsemen has begun.

..and I will continue to follow them.

Little Larry was there for the taking. It happened during the second quarter. Stan Van Gundy sensed it, too, calling three timeouts during this stretch. The Lakers smelled blood in the water. Right there, right then, it was time to take it. Seize the moment, and they did.

They pounced for a 16-0 run that took control of the game. "That was our chance," Phil said. The Magic didn't know what they were up against. They were on their heels and the Lakers went for the kill. The built on their lead in the second half to maintain control and cruise to a 99-86 victory.

Choke versus Clutch... The lasting memories of this Finals will depend on which team you were pulling for. The images replaying in the heads of the Magic will be a missed alley-oop by Courtney Lee and two missed freethrows by Dwight Howard. The Choke. The images winning out the day and going down in legend will be the two bombs dropped by one Derek Fisher in game four. Kobe may have also added a signature shot with a hanging bank while shifting the ball from his right to his left while in the air and falling down tonight. It was beautiful.

This wasn't about one team giving away a championship. This was about one team taking it. A crushing opening salvo. Two overtime victories, and tonight, sensing the moment to pounce.

There was a point in a game at Boston earlier this season where the Lakers became masters of their fate. They had already exorcised some demons with an earlier defeat of the Celtics, but the team showed the "grit" Phil mentioned they needed. I see Kobe Bryant pointing a finger at Rajon Rondo and standing up to a group of Celtics. I see Lamar Odom physically spanking KG, going nose to nose with him afterward, then as he walked down the other end of the court he gave a smile that can only be described as "ownage." They became masters of their fate on that day and, today, they claimed their destiny.

So much could be said about this victory. Kobe proving to the world that he is, indeed, the player Laker fans knew him to be -- a dominant virtuoso who could carry his team to a championship. Phil Jackson proving that he's still on the leading edge of NBA coaching. Derek Fisher showing that heart and leadership can't be measured in a stat sheet, only in big moments. Pau Gasol showing that toughness isn't about whether you got knocked down, it's about you getting up.

The Lakers learned from their mistakes all playoffs long. They grew as a team and put it all together. Because of that, Little Larry O'Brien is home again where he belongs. The last time I touched the Larry O'Brien trophy was on the day Chick Hearn died. Now, this organization can be called the World Champion Los Angeles Lakers once again. I can hear Chick saying it right now as if it were yesterday...and how sweet that sounds.

Kobe -- -- "By any means necessary," those are the words we've heard Kobe say again and again on the drive for his fourth championship. There are games in these playoffs where that meant Kobe carving opponents with his amazing scoring abilities. Something he has always done. There were other times, however, where it meant throttling back, pulling multiple defenders away from the hoop and letting his teammates feed off the ensuing advantage. This is "any means necessary," too. he led the team in assists and scoring in the final, meshing both skills in a drive manner. He also led his team. You saw Kobe on the sidelines like a coach in the huddle of players going over their respective assignments. He was focused and made sure all his teammates were, too. Kobe has had many brilliant moments on the court and many great achievements, but this will be the season he is most proud of. Such a well-rounded effort and an amazing jouney in the process -- a journey which spanned personal issues, missing the playoffs to going for 81 to this winning this ring. "He's learned how to become a leader in a way which people want to follow him," Phil said afterward. In this game, he had what should be one of the signature moments of the Finals. He attacked across the lane, hung in the air, showed the ball to his right, brought it back to his left and banked over Howard before going to the floor. It was a beautiful shot from your Finals MVP. The Stats: He scored 30 points on 10-23 shooting (2-5 from three, 8-8 from the line) to go with 6 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks, 1 turnover and 2 fouls in 41 minutes. He was a +15. The Action: He missed a layup on a drive. He sank an 18-footer off the high screen. He was mugged on a double team and looked like he dislocated his finger on the slap (with no call). He sank a pull-up from the top of the key. He sank a pull-up wing three next time down. He hit Bynum off the screen roll for a dunk. He swatted Pietrus in the post. He was fouled on an oop, he made both FTs. He was hit on a pull-up jumper with no call. He was fouled trying to fight for post position, he made both FTs. He blew past Pietrus baseline and reverse jammed. He got hacked on a layup in transition with no call again, wow. He drew the double from the post and kicked to DFish for the three. He swiped a post entry to Howard, then found Ariza for three. He hit a floater from 15 feet out with two men on him, crazy shot. He hit Ariza for another three. He missed a long jumper trying to go to for one. He had 15 points on 5-11 shooting and 4 assists. Second Half: He swished a top-of-the-key jumper. He blocked Rashard's drive. He attacked across the lane, showed the ball to the right, pulled it back to the left and banked while falling down (wow...wow!). He weaved through the lane off the dribble and was shoved from behind by Howard (his fourth with 3:39 left in the third), he made both FTs. He missed a hanging jumper in the lane. He ball watched and gave up a three to Redick. He swished a face-up baseline jumper. He missed a reverse. He missed a turnaround jumper trying to beat the shotclock. He faced up and drained a big three over Hedo. He missed at tunraround from the elbow. He posted up, good position, he spun and drew FTs, he made both. He missed a long three. He missed a chuck from three late in the shotclock. He attacked to his left and powered in a bank. He missed a fade from the wing.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject: Iman Shumpert recalls a Kobe moment

Not sure if this one has been posted, but it is awesome:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/iman-shumpert-kobe-bryant-knicks/1fff0tqc34lsq15x4knhkipb3c

AMAZING!
MisterXDTV
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Guys I need your help,

I'm looking for the original HDTV 720p/1080i files by revgen or CaCHooKa Man for Kobe's biggest games from 2006 to 2013

My dream is to create a High quality video archive to preserve Kobe's legacy

We could then reupload to Youtube in 1080p/60

I lost those files many years ago....

Can anybody help me?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

MisterXDTV wrote:
Guys I need your help,

I'm looking for the original HDTV 720p/1080i files by revgen or CaCHooKa Man for Kobe's biggest games from 2006 to 2013

Can anybody help me?

revgen made the highest-quality clips I've ever seen. He even went out of his way to send DVDs to people at no charge. I wish that sumbitch was still around so we could tell him what a King he is.

I have 3g of his clips from just '06 including The Shot sitting on a disc somewhere. I'll find it and put it on a mega.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

MisterXDTV wrote:
Guys I need your help,

Can anybody help me?

I’ve been thinking about doing something like this. Youtube takes down a lot of NBA videos and is just too crowded and messy. I was thinking more like KobeArchive.net or something. As an example, there is a soccer archive site called Footballia.net. Wherever they are hosting that site, it’s not vulnerable to copyrights claims.

I don’t know about the videos you’re talking about but I have GBs of old games. I have the 2008 WCF/Finals, 2009 Playoffs/Finals, 2010 Finals, all in 720. A lot more in lesser quality. I’ve just been too lazy to actually do anything.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Yall got me searching for old Kobe videos and I come across our boy Javalee

PHANTOM: Javale McGee's Double Dunk!

FWIW, it looks like NBA took ownership of old user created highlight vids?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Every day that passes by it still doesn’t seem real that we lost Kobe to the unfortunate Helicopter tragedy .. just a very sad situation not only with Kobe and Gianna but the other victims as well. Just very unfortunate
Kobesdad
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Every day that passes by it still doesn’t seem real that we lost Kobe to the unfortunate Helicopter tragedy .. just a very sad situation not only with Kobe and Gianna but the other victims as well. Just very unfortunate

It's still weird for me. I still have a hard time believing that he's dead. I guess I'm in a denial but when I watch the youtube videos it takes me back and it will make me forget for brief moment that he actually passed away.
10,000 Hours
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject:

RIP Bean the legend
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
SportsCenter @SportsCenter

5 minutes of Kobe Bryant game-winners.

That's it. That's the tweet.

Link to video
KyLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject:

I still can't bring myself to watch a single video about Kobe. Me having twitter is makes this difficult but the wound is open.. and I don't see it closing for a long time.

Maybe when I have kids and they are of age to understand I can revisit the Greatest Laker of all time.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Link to video

Still can't come to grips with him being gone. He was supposed to be sitting courtiside for decades to come. What a tragedy.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Link to video

👏👏👏
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 132 of 162
Jump to: