The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1415, 1416, 1417 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject:

Whatever happens with this season, I think LBJ's year is pretty awe inspiring. I know last year wasn't the best introduction for him but this year he's been impressive both on and off the court for the Lakers. Hopefully we can have a shortened playoff format so we can have a conclusion to this season, but if not, this one was one for the ages.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Whatever happens with this season, I think LBJ's year is pretty awe inspiring. I know last year wasn't the best introduction for him but this year he's been impressive both on and off the court for the Lakers. Hopefully we can have a shortened playoff format so we can have a conclusion to this season, but if not, this one was one for the ages.

I would love to see him get a shot at replicating 2018 playoff Lebron. It seems like he was ramping up and it wasn’t far fetched after the performances he had against the Bucks and Clippers two weekends ago.

2018 playoff Lebron = Lakers chip. Let’s hope the NBA decides they still want to conclude this season/postseason and that it is feasible even if it is without fans in arena or practice facility.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

So we’ve had LBJ for two seasons and its entirely possible he doesn’t play a single playoff game until the third. That really burns.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Completely agree, love the guy.

He not only signed with the Lakers when no one else would, but he has brought his A Game also.

What an impressive person, he was on a mission this year methinks....really unfortunate.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Totally agree
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Totally agree
Second!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Completely agree, love the guy.

He not only signed with the Lakers when no one else would, but he has brought his A Game also.

What an impressive person, he was on a mission this year methinks....really unfortunate.

I think of all the FAs who turned down the Lakers, and how ill equipped they would have been to be the face of the Lakers during this difficult season.

You think PG13 or Kawhi could help lead the Lakers through Kobe's death? Nope.

LBJ came at the right time and season for us. I just hope he gets a shot at the ring this year and the next few.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

nikosvault wrote:
Made a little vid reviewing Lebron's clutch shooting in the NBA finals.

Enjoy.

Thanks .
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Lebron on instagram live right now
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

Yup. And said he wants to be a Laker for the rest of his life!
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

He said the same thing about Cleveland
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

LINK please.

I've been looking and couldn't find anything, and I've been making a list and collecting his quotes prior to him being a Laker.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=121438
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
kwase wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

LINK please.

I've been looking and couldn't find anything, and I've been making a list and collecting his quotes prior to him being a Laker.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2018/07/lebron_james_leaves_cleveland.html

Quote:
The last time James scored this many points in a season, he left and joined the Heat. Only, when he returned to the Cavs in 2014, he said at least four times he would not do this very thing -- leave the Cavs again.

In a sitdown interview with CNN in 2014, James said "I plan on finishing my career back home." In his Sports Illustrated essay announcing his return, he said "I always believed I'd return to Cleveland finish my career there." At his homecoming celebration at the University of Akron, he told roughly 30,000 screaming fans: "I don't plan on going nowhere. I don't have the energy to do it again."

And last September, he said his intention to remain with the Cavs "hasn't changed." Who knows when we'll learn precisely when James shifted his thinking.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

Loved that he is such a big name everyone records his live, I missed it live and he is so new to it he didn't know how to save it. I seriously watched the entire hour of it on youtube last night.

Good news, I don't think his is one to test positive because he was all touchy feely with his family...

Also loved to see him unfiltered, relaxed and he cussed a few times.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
kwase wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

LINK please.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2018/07/lebron_james_leaves_cleveland.html

Quote:
The last time James scored this many points in a season, he left and joined the Heat. Only, when he returned to the Cavs in 2014, he said at least four times he would not do this very thing -- leave the Cavs again.

In a sitdown interview with CNN in 2014, James said "I plan on finishing my career back home." In his Sports Illustrated essay announcing his return, he said "I always believed I'd return to Cleveland finish my career there." At his homecoming celebration at the University of Akron, he told roughly 30,000 screaming fans: "I don't plan on going nowhere. I don't have the energy to do it again."

And last September, he said his intention to remain with the Cavs "hasn't changed." Who knows when we'll learn precisely when James shifted his thinking.

i think being a Lakers amplified his career even more, also his revenue, he is a money making machining and if you couple that with the Lakers Brand and the Los angeles. it is $$$$$
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
Loved that he is such a big name everyone records his live, I missed it live and he is so new to it he didn't know how to save it. I seriously watched the entire hour of it on youtube last night.

Good news, I don't think his is one to test positive because he was all touchy feely with his family...

Eh, I don't believe anything the guys says, especially the part about Pat Riley breaking that team up. That just doesn't make any sense at all. And using foul language when you know kids are watching isn't cool in my book. But whatever....the seasons over and we got 2 more years with him.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
AJ wrote:

Eh, I don't believe anything the guys says, especially the part about Pat Riley breaking that team up. That just doesn't make any sense at all. And using foul language when you know kids are watching isn't cool in my book. But whatever....the seasons over and we got 2 more years with him.

Mr happy
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
AJ wrote:

LOL
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
AJ wrote:

Basically every writer who knows Riley well (LeBatard, McMullen, etc) has said that Riley planned to trade Chris Bosh and fire Spo if they didn’t win that season. Those last few games against Boston had incredible pressure especially Game 6 on the road without Bosh. And especially after the team’s - and LeBron’s - failure the year before.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

Still staying in great shape even though the season might be over. At 35, Dude looks better than most 20 year olds. Hats off to the King!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Still staying in great shape even though the season might be over. At 35, Dude looks better than most 20 year olds. Hats off to the King!

Starting to appreciate him more as a great leader! Kobe's leadership style was different and also effective. Before LeBron came here, i thought Kobe's way was the best way. Now, i see that LeBron is a great leader with a different style, and, hopefully, he's inspiring the rest of the team to not sit on their couches playing video games and eating hot cheetos like CJ McCollum is currently doing.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Starting to appreciate him more as a great leader! Kobe's leadership style was different and also effective. Before LeBron came here, i thought Kobe's way was the best way. Now, i see that LeBron is a great leader with a different style, and, hopefully, he's inspiring the rest of the team to not sit on their couches playing video games and eating hot cheetos like CJ McCollum is currently doing.

I don't know what it will ever take for fans to realize how inappropriate it is to judge an athlete's work ethic from afar in this way. McCollum is one of the best guards in the league. He obviously knows how to properly balance basketball and his hobbies outside of basketball since he has a podcast but still performs at a high level. A guy can be a professional basketball player and still have hobbies. Even Kobe once had the aspirations of being as big as Will Smith off the court and was trying to drop a rap album.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I don't know what it will ever take for fans to realize how inappropriate it is to judge an athlete's work ethic from afar in this way. McCollum is one of the best guards in the league. He obviously knows how to properly balance basketball and his hobbies outside of basketball since he has a podcast but still performs at a high level. A guy can be a professional basketball player and still have hobbies. Even Kobe once had the aspirations of being as big as Will Smith off the court and was trying to drop a rap album.

The difference is Kobe was 21-22, and he was already on his way to having a great career. In fact, he would go on to win a championship soon after that. CJ McCollum (at age 28, will turn 29 this year) has accomplished nothing that would merit giving him the benefit of the doubt while his team is on its way to missing the playoffs this year (whenever the season resumes).
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Judah wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

The difference is Kobe was 21-22, and he was already on his way to having a great career. In fact, he would go on to win a championship soon after that. CJ McCollum (at age 28, will turn 29 this year) has accomplished nothing that would merit giving him the benefit of the doubt while his team is on its way to missing the playoffs this year (whenever the season resumes).

You're really gonna defend that by using hindsight?

"Kobe was on his way to having a great career."

Yeah, you know this in hindsight. What he eventually became is irrelevant. Was he still a very productive player at the time despite having those aspirations? Of course, which is my point. He still was able to find balance in both.

Portland struggled with injuries all year and that is the biggest reason why they aren't in the playoffs. It isn't because McCollum has underperformed. He's a perennial All-Star every year and Portland was just in the WCF last year, even with this same CJ McCollum and his podcast. This idea that athletes aren't allowed to have a life outside of basketball will forever be ludicrous.

And by your same logic, why not question LeBron's work ethic since he's been active on social media, going live on IG and making several dance videos with his family? Because he also showed himself working out? If a player does that, is that the proof you need that they're working on their game? I hope not because that wouldn't even be proof. A player can spend most of their day on the couch and get some shots up at the gym for 30 minutes, but take a quick selfie while they're there. Only fools play this game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Judah wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

That doesn’t even make sense. McCollum is perceived as being lazy because the Blazers weren’t in the top 8 in the West? Nonsense. CJ is doing what he is supposed to, staying in. If Lebron isn’t then he is the one who should be criticized. For what we know he is doing the same.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1415, 1416, 1417 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1416 of 2079
Jump to: