OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4583, 4584, 4585 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
How is everyone doing? Be well fam.

You should make an official thread. I think it’ll be a good idea to keep in touch with the LG fam and see how everyone’s living and doing.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
activeverb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Kevin Durant left because Golden St. refused to pay him. He took massive paycuts every year he was on that team.

2016-17 $26,540,100
2017-18 $25,000,000
2018-19 $30,000,000

Kevin Durant made less than Mike Conley during that time span .

The Warriors never refused to pay him. Durant elected to take less money than he could have so the team could keep Shaun Livingston and Iggy. If Duran had pushed it, the Warriors would have given him the money and let those two guys go.

Before he left, the Warriors offered him the supermax.

This is correct, it wasn't about money. They offered him any contract he would have liked whenever he came up for free agency each time. He chose the shorter contracts and the money wasn't the issue. The issue was the fact that it was never going to be his team, and, even beyond that, he was the one that their fans blamed whenever they would actually lose games. Or, hell, even when they were winning (which was obviously the vast majority of the time), sometimes he still got blamed for "ISO ball" and "not playing our way", dumb crap like that. And I haven't even mentioned the obvious beef with Draymond yet. It was obvious to me very early on last year that he wasn't coming back. That spat went beyond the pale of normal competitiveness. There's even talk that their medical team wasn't completely transparent with the injury he was dealing with last year, when he came back to play in the Finals, although, as I said, I believe 100% that he had already decided he was gone.

The bottom line is this: despite all the winning and the titles and the Finals MVP's, he wasn't happy. Perhaps he misjudged the backlash he would get from joining such a juggernaut, but there's no way he didn't know some of that was coming. That wasn't ultimately what make him so unhappy. It was the other stuff. That's why he left. He got his rings, and he wasn't happy, so why stay?

There been a lot of speculation and Durant himself have gotten given a lot of reasons why he decided to leave. Among them ... the Warriors motion offense didn't really suit him. The fight with green. The fact that he never felt a strong relationship with the others because they bonded by winning their first ring without him.

It definitely wasn't a money issue
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It has to be tough going through this with younguns. At least mine are young adults who have a good grasp of what is going on.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It has to be tough going through this with younguns. At least mine are young adults who have a good grasp of what is going on.

2 boys 9 & 6, both out of school and we suppose to wfh

God bless us, it’s a war zone in here
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Take good care of them Jim, stay safe everyone.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Take good care of them Jim, stay safe everyone.

Thanks ig 👍🏼
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

dude id be soooo mad if the playoffs dont happen. WHat would that even mean ? simply just go into offseason and start a whole new year ? This looks to be our year, not sure how much Lebron has left plus AD a FA and I know he stays but that would really suck if he bolts elsewhere. Getting to the finals would secure him.

With all that said, I really like us to come back with the same exact team. I could possiblly see us trading Kuzma along with a contract to bring in a more offensive playmaking PG. Im dying to see Rose on this team to run our 2nd unit along with Howard, Caruso, and Waiters.

Im curious to any vet forwards to be in FA. We have Howard and Mcgee as FA and i could see one of them leaving. Id love to have both back but if i can keep one it would be Howard as I think hes just the better player. I wouldnt mind maybe going after Marc Gasol, maybe a guy like CHristinan Wood. Theres not many good bigs out there. I think the perfect big would be a guy like Serge Ibaka, him next to AD is lethal as he can not only defend the rim but he can stretch and space the floor. Id love Ibaka!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

So let’s say the NBA decides to post pone the season who do you guys think we will go after in the summer? Will Morris and Waiters come back? What about Kuzma?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So let’s say the NBA decides to post pone the season who do you guys think we will go after in the summer? Will Morris and Waiters come back? What about Kuzma?

Hope everyone is well. No way do we have a season with playoffs
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Hope everyone is well. No way do we have a season with playoffs

Same to you Car54
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Joel Embiid wanted to be drafted by Lakers

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/03/17/book-joel-embiid-wanted-to-get-to-lakers-in-2014-nba-draft/

Quote:
"What Embiid really wanted was to fall to the Lakers at No. 7. He’d been living in Los Angeles and grown comfortable in the city. “Work your magic,” he told Tellem."

Tellem knew there was no chance of Embiid plunging that far, so instead he and Nyam sold Embiid on Philadelphia.

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/03/17/book-joel-embiid-wanted-to-get-to-lakers-in-2014-nba-draft/

Quote:
"What Embiid really wanted was to fall to the Lakers at No. 7. He’d been living in Los Angeles and grown comfortable in the city. “Work your magic,” he told Tellem."

Tellem knew there was no chance of Embiid plunging that far, so instead he and Nyam sold Embiid on Philadelphia.

We have AD.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

We have AD.

Embiid and AD can play together. Imagine them tighter in the front court, offense and defense be damnned!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

That Embiid story is old news.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of sixers, I always liked Ben Simmons? #futurelaker #klutch

Quote:
“I look at AD & I think he’s a better defender than Gobert, because he can defend guards at times...you can’t say you’re one of the best defenders if you’re not guarding every position.”

- ( a t ) BenSimmons25 on @AntDavis23
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/complexsports/status/1243173732090347520?s=21

Giannis 2021 confirmed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

No cap space in 2021.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

We have AD.

Embiid and AD can play together. Imagine them tighter in the front court, offense and defense be damnned!

2 big man duo isn't really the wave.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Curly Neal, Harlem Globetrotters icon, has passed away
... RIP
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28958864/globetrotters-legend-fred-curly-neal-dies-77
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

NBA streaming Shaq's 61 point game vs Clippers in 2000. May be archived after it's over.

Found this exchange funny.

Lakers playing poorly vs the Clippers in the 1st half.

Chick "Lakers have not looked like themselves. They may have come in overconfident."

Stu "The coaching staff will have to get on them at halftime about all their deficiencies in the 1st half."

Chick "I don't know if they will have time. It's only a 20 minute half."
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject:

A guy who we should go after who I think we can get with a SnT is Serge Ibaka. I’d offer in a heartbeat Danny Green and Kyle Kuzma. Raptors get Green back to match salaries but will also get a young Kuzma who can fit better playing with a guy like Siakam and Lowry. I think Ibaka is an ideal type of C this team needs to become a power house. Look at Lopez in Milwaukee. Ibaka can stretch the floor while protecting the paint that’s something Howard nor McGee do.

As far as who I’m bringing back would be Avery Bradley as I think he opts in, I’d resign Howard to a 1+1 deal, then vet min with Waiters, Cook, and Morris.

I’d let go of Javale McGee, Rajon Rondo, Jared Dudley, and Kostas Antekoumpo.

With the draft I’d look at a big who can be mentored by Howard, Ibaka, and Davis would be Isiah Stewart from Washington. Watched some stuff on him and dude could be a beast. 6’10 250 pounds as a rookie is pretty big. Get him up to 270 and we have a dawg.

Free agency just get veteran role players like DJ Augustine and Mo Harkless. 2 ideal backups who have starting expieremce and playoff expierence.

Team looks like
Alex Caruso - DJ Augustine - Quinn Cook
Avery Bradley - Kentavious Caldwell Pope - Dion Waiters
Lebron James - Mo Harkless - Talen Horton Tucker
Anthony Davis - Markieff Morris - Isiah Stewart
Serge Ibaka - Dwight Howard

This is a badass well rounded squad. Unlikely sure but it’s the route I’d go for. A Center who can stretch and defend to open up for Davis and take less pressure off of him on both ends. Draft a future Center and get a backup PG who can shot plus create.

Also I know it’s early but there’s not much too talk about and I could honestly see no playoffs happening which is a bummer
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
A guy who we should go after who I think we can get with a SnT is Serge Ibaka. I’d offer in a heartbeat Danny Green and Kyle Kuzma. Raptors get Green back to match salaries but will also get a young Kuzma who can fit better playing with a guy like Siakam and Lowry.

I get the impression the Lakers put a higher value on Kuzma than the league does, probably because he's the only trade asset they have.

It will be interesting to see what Toronto does. They are both a contending team and a team that could easier go into rebuild mode. Whether they'd have any interest in Kuz is anyone's guess.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/03/30/rumor-nets-will-try-to-trade-young-talent-for-third-star/

I could see them trying to get Beal. I would not be shocked to see the clippers send PG to the Nets for Levert/Dinwiddie+ if they fail to make the WCF.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

If the season gets canceled it will be fascinating to see if teams will try to make moves while we wait to see this coronavirus issue go away and we get back to a normal life. I guess you can argue that bottom teams like the Nets and Blazers will try to make significant changes while the contenders will basically bring the same team back.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
A guy who we should go after who I think we can get with a SnT is Serge Ibaka. I’d offer in a heartbeat Danny Green and Kyle Kuzma. Raptors get Green back to match salaries but will also get a young Kuzma who can fit better playing with a guy like Siakam and Lowry. I think Ibaka is an ideal type of C this team needs to become a power house. Look at Lopez in Milwaukee. Ibaka can stretch the floor while protecting the paint that’s something Howard nor McGee do.

As far as who I’m bringing back would be Avery Bradley as I think he opts in, I’d resign Howard to a 1+1 deal, then vet min with Waiters, Cook, and Morris.

I’d let go of Javale McGee, Rajon Rondo, Jared Dudley, and Kostas Antekoumpo.

With the draft I’d look at a big who can be mentored by Howard, Ibaka, and Davis would be Isiah Stewart from Washington. Watched some stuff on him and dude could be a beast. 6’10 250 pounds as a rookie is pretty big. Get him up to 270 and we have a dawg.

Free agency just get veteran role players like DJ Augustine and Mo Harkless. 2 ideal backups who have starting expieremce and playoff expierence.

Team looks like
Alex Caruso - DJ Augustine - Quinn Cook
Avery Bradley - Kentavious Caldwell Pope - Dion Waiters
Lebron James - Mo Harkless - Talen Horton Tucker
Anthony Davis - Markieff Morris - Isiah Stewart
Serge Ibaka - Dwight Howard

This is a badass well rounded squad. Unlikely sure but it’s the route I’d go for. A Center who can stretch and defend to open up for Davis and take less pressure off of him on both ends. Draft a future Center and get a backup PG who can shot plus create.

Also I know it’s early but there’s not much too talk about and I could honestly see no playoffs happening which is a bummer

Thank god you're not in charge. Prime Ibaka, yes. This Ibaka? NOOO.

Besides, he's a FA this summer (or whatever). Just sign him if you want but he's going to end up in Brooklyn.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4583, 4584, 4585 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4584 of 8560
Jump to: