NBA Season COVID-19 Thread (**No politics or racial/ethnic remarks or personal insults**)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
a different drug claiming incredible success (95%) in china...
it is supposed to work for severe cases by stopping cytokline storms (immune system gone amuck)
global trials starting early april, but a us trial may be starting (not sure when)

"Promising arthritis drug being used to treat coronavirus patients in China helped to cure 95 PER CENT of critically ill patients, scientists claim
Tocilizumab, marketed as Actemra, is taken by patients with rheumatoid arthritis
It reduces inflammation, which is considered a complication of COVID-19
It causes lung damage and organ failure, eventually death in most cases
Chinese doctors gave it to 20 patients during the peak of the countries epidemic
Nineteen were discharged within 14 days despite being critically ill
Actemra has now been approved for use in China and for trials in the US"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8151865/Arthritis-drug-helped-cure-95-critically-ill-coronavirus-patients-scientists-claim.html

I hope they're talking about inflammation, not the drug itself!

They're talking about inflammation.

This interleukin-6 inhibitor is a fairly new drug developed in Japan.

I'm liking the Pro's and Con's.

I hope this is it.

Yeah I was kidding about the bolded, although that would be a helluva disclaimer to sneak in that rapidly spoken end of a TV ad!

It's good to see another potential solution. I hope so too.

This is what gives me that rare feeling of hope in this pandemic; knowing people are doing their best to keep the transmission rate down, and that the best and brightest minds in medical research around the world are working to win this fight.

actually there is another monoclonal antibody drug that goes after a different target already in trials in nyc.

so one antibody goes after IL6 while the other drug goes after the IL6 receptor

The current flu vaccine is effective in only 40% of cases. That means most do not benefit. There is little reason to believe a coronavirus vaccine will be any more effective.

there are multiple strains of the flu, but there is one strain of the new virus.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
it is supposed to work for severe cases by stopping cytokline storms (immune system gone amuck)
global trials starting early april, but a us trial may be starting (not sure when)

"Promising arthritis drug being used to treat coronavirus patients in China helped to cure 95 PER CENT of critically ill patients, scientists claim
Tocilizumab, marketed as Actemra, is taken by patients with rheumatoid arthritis
Chinese doctors gave it to 20 patients during the peak of the countries epidemic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8151865/Arthritis-drug-helped-cure-95-critically-ill-coronavirus-patients-scientists-claim.html

I hope this is it.

Yeah I was kidding about the bolded, although that would be a helluva disclaimer to sneak in that rapidly spoken end of a TV ad!

This is what gives me that rare feeling of hope in this pandemic; knowing people are doing their best to keep the transmission rate down, and that the best and brightest minds in medical research around the world are working to win this fight.

actually there is another monoclonal antibody drug that goes after a different target already in trials in nyc.

The current flu vaccine is effective in only 40% of cases. That means most do not benefit. There is little reason to believe a coronavirus vaccine will be any more effective.

there are multiple strains of the flu, but there is one strain of the new virus.

False.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
https://www.foxnews.com/science/second-wave-coronavirus-wuhan-ends-social-distancing-too-early

Second Wave of Coronavirus could hit the World, might be even worst than the first

I hope it's not as bad as car accidents:

US car accident deaths: 9,000 in 3 months
US coronavirus deaths: 1,000 in 3 months

you need to learn what exponential growth means to understand the threat.

as this is your posts 1-3, u may have signed up just to cause trouble?

Exponential growth is pure speculation. No one knows how many people actually have coronavirus because there is almost no testing.

if there is no exponential growth, how did it reach even the level of cases it has reached ?

As I have tried to explain, the total number of cases is strictly speculative. The total number of those infected is unknown. It could be 10x as high as reported, or it could be zero, or any number in between.

no, the number of confirmed cases means the number of cases that were tested.

the only way to get the number of confirmed cases is to have exponential growth.

Show a source proving the case number is based upon testing and not statistical guesswork.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
https://www.foxnews.com/science/second-wave-coronavirus-wuhan-ends-social-distancing-too-early

Second Wave of Coronavirus could hit the World, might be even worst than the first

Exponential growth is pure speculation. No one knows how many people actually have coronavirus because there is almost no testing.

if there is no exponential growth, how did it reach even the level of cases it has reached ?

As I have tried to explain, the total number of cases is strictly speculative. The total number of those infected is unknown. It could be 10x as high as reported, or it could be zero, or any number in between.

the only way to get the number of confirmed cases is to have exponential growth.

Show a source proving the case number is based upon testing and not statistical guesswork.

the actual number of cases is speculative, but the confirmed cases have been confirmed.

i dont know what you are trying to prove, but i have had enough with your bs.

go take your stupid games some where else.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

the actual number of cases is speculative, but the confirmed cases have been confirmed.

Exactly. Yo have no source. You are totally untrustworthy.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

stillthe1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

I hope this is it.

It also means you've been completely stripped of all civil rights overnight in what is supposedly the most free country in the world.

stillthe1 you seem to have missed the last 64 pages of this thread where all of the stuff you've posted in the hour or two since you joined LG has been discussed at length. I hope you don't actually think you're saying anything in this recent wall of posts that's novel or even slightly thought provoking.

So far all you've established is that you live in a dreamworld where the numbers are static and like magic that makes the flu a valid comparison.

Freedom is good. I agree. Stupidity isn't.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

I hope this is it.

It also means you've been completely stripped of all civil rights overnight in what is supposedly the most free country in the world.

stillthe1 you seem to have missed the last 64 pages of this thread where all of the stuff you've posted in the hour or two since you joined LG has been discussed at length. I hope you don't actually think you're saying anything in this recent wall of posts that's novel or even slightly thought provoking.

So far all you've established is that you live in a dreamworld where the numbers are static and like magic that makes the flu a valid comparison.

The numbers aren't static because they're all based upon worst case scenarios of false statistical models, namely exponential increase. This is 100% unproven and speculative.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Knock it off or I will for you.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Knock it off or I will for you.

He was challenged to provide a source. He didn't. I told him he couldn't and that makes him totally untrustworthy.

Everything I wrote is 100% accurate and factually based. There is no room for interpretation there.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

I challenge anyone to prove that even a single death is due to coronavirus. Find a single coroner's report or autopsy evidence which definitely and conclusively proves that coronavirus was the sole cause of death anywhere in the world.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

The total number of deaths and cases are incredibly low, across the board, in any country reporting coronavirus cases.

In the US, there are 80 flu cases for every coronavirus case.

Notice also that china has regular interaction with several African countries and with Taiwan. None of these countries have any significant number of cases or deaths.

These numbers are being doctored, no pun intended. There is almost no reliable evidence available, especially in the western world.
stillthe1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I am taking screenshots in case my posts are deleted or my account banned.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Aw man, who let the troll in. Thread got derailed the last few pages.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject:

stillthe1 wrote:
The total number of deaths and cases are incredibly low, across the board, in any country reporting coronavirus cases.

In the US, there are 80 flu cases for every coronavirus case.

Notice also that china has regular interaction with several African countries and with Taiwan. None of these countries have any significant number of cases or deaths.

These numbers are being doctored, no pun intended. There is almost no reliable evidence available, especially in the western world.

Thank you for your insight.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject:

stillthe1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

I hope this is it.

The numbers aren't static because they're all based upon worst case scenarios of false statistical models, namely exponential increase. This is 100% unproven and speculative.
OK stillthe1 - prove it.

You're busy assigning other poster homework. Hold yourself to the same standard.

Prove that this virus does not replicate at an exponential rate.

You compared Covid to flu deaths. Prove that the flu is going to remain a bigger killer than Covid in another month or two.

You compared Covid to car deaths. Prove that car deaths will remain more common than Covid deaths.

A common, easy cop-out favored by conspiracy theory wingnuts is to say the numbers are all wrong and you can't trust anything you read. Then they don't have to do any math and their wingnut theory of the day is the 'real' truth. A few gullible people buy into that, most don't.

If you're basing how trustworthy posters are on showing you proof, show us how trustworthy you are, using the same standard you set for others. Prove your assertions.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

I hope this is it.

OK stillthe1 - prove it.

You're busy assigning other poster homework. Hold yourself to the same standard.

You compared Covid to flu deaths. Prove that the flu is going to remain a bigger killer than Covid in another month or two.

You compared Covid to car deaths. Prove that car deaths will remain more common than Covid deaths.

A common, easy cop-out favored by conspiracy theory wingnuts is to say the numbers are all wrong and you can't trust anything you read. Then they don't have to do any math and their wingnut theory of the day is the 'real' truth. A few gullible people buy into that, most don't.

If you're basing how trustworthy posters are on showing you proof, show us how trustworthy you are, using the same standard you set for others. Prove your assertions.

either a troll or completely nuts. i think we should just avoid. this board needs an ignore function...
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

I hope this is it.

OK stillthe1 - prove it.

either a troll or completely nuts. i think we should just avoid. this board needs an ignore function...

Or it just needs to be moderated (the guy is clearly a troll).
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

actemra (Tolicizumab) gets some good news and hydroxychloroquine gets some bad news out of italy.

twitter feed with tweets from italy (some english): https://twitter.com/hashtag/tolicizumab?lang=en

"according to doctors treating coronovirus patients in Italy, Tolicizumab, a drug used to treat moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis, has been shown to be more effective than hydroxychloroquine. Tolicizumab is so effective that the FDA gives green lights to Phase III Tocilizumab Trial for COVID-19 pneumonia.
In response to a question from another doctor on hydroxychloroquine, Dr. Giusppe Galati said in a tweet: “Dear
@DrLuizSilva1 despite the large noise on social media. Here in Flag of Italy they are trying several combinations of antiviral included the combination HCQ + azithro. Infectivologist refer little benefit. The unique drug which is causing impressive improvement is #Tolicizumab.”

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/27/breaking-tolicizumab-shown-effective-hydroxychloroquine-treating-coronavirus-patients-doctors-say/

Last edited by cal1piggy on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

Just stop, this clearly isn't your field...

stillthe1 wrote:
I am taking screenshots in case my posts are deleted or my account banned.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:

Yeah I didn't care for the aggressive wall of bs, but you're right. Waste of time.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

Yeah I didn't care for the aggressive wall of bs, but you're right. Waste of time.

Looking at his info, a new user who just registered yesterday, and he’s already talking about “in case his account gets banned”.

Sounds like someone’s burner account from someone here in LG who got banned before for trolling in this thread.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
actemra (Tolicizumab) gets some good news and hydroxychloroquine gets some bad news out of italy.

twitter feed with tweets from italy (some english): https://twitter.com/hashtag/tolicizumab?lang=en

"according to doctors treating coronovirus patients in Italy, Tolicizumab, a drug used to treat moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis, has been shown to be more effective than hydroxychloroquine. Tolicizumab is so effective that the FDA gives green lights to Phase III Tocilizumab Trial for COVID-19 pneumonia.
In response to a question from another doctor on hydroxychloroquine, Dr. Giusppe Galati said in a tweet: “Dear
@DrLuizSilva1 despite the large noise on social media. Here in Flag of Italy they are trying several combinations of antiviral included the combination HCQ + azithro. Infectivologist refer little benefit. The unique drug which is causing impressive improvement is #Tolicizumab.”

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/27/breaking-tolicizumab-shown-effective-hydroxychloroquine-treating-coronavirus-patients-doctors-say/

Now this is interesting. Any ideas how long a Phase III trial typically takes?

I'm a little more wary of the side effects and it's intravenous, not like popping a pill, but if it works it still beats taking up a ventilator and struggling with permanent lung damage.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

Looking at his info, a new user who just registered yesterday, and he’s already talking about “in case his account gets banned”.

Sounds like someone’s burner account from someone here in LG who got banned before for trolling in this thread.

Yes it does.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

stillthe1 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Since it seems likely that we're all going to get this sooner or later, now I'm wishing I'd gotten sick a month ago, when ICU beds were more readily available. 20/20 hindsight.

There is no shortage of hospital beds. That is just a hypothetical scenario.

In New York state for example, a total of just 8 people are currently hospitalized with coronavirus.

As a health care professional working the front-lines who personally knows and trained with several in New York this is at best misleading. At Cornell there are currently more than 200 patients on ventilators that they are overflowing into non-ICU beds. A typical ICU is less than 30 beds typically with less than half of the patients on ventilators. There is something hitting people hard and hitting them fast. Whether or not you want to call it the coronavirus is up to you but that doesn't change how we should be responding.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
stillthe1 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

I hope this is it.

False.

WTF are you guys discussing here

The drug on phase 3 trial starting April is not a Covid vaccine.

or did I miss something from that exchange?

Side note:

Quote:
By contrast, a fully human anti-IL-6 monoclonal antibody, Sirukumab (SIR), was withdrawn in 2017 because it increased overall mortality. The most commonly reported causes of death (n = 30) were major adverse CV events (MACE) (13/29), infection (7/29), and malignancies (4/29).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 64 of 130
Jump to: