RIP The Toy Cannon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: RIP The Toy Cannon

Jimmy Wynn, former Dodger (my favorite from the '74 team) dies at age 78:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28960200/ex-astros-slugger-jimmy-wynn-nicknamed-toy-cannon-dies-78
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

He might have made the Hall of Fame if he hadn't spent his best years in the Astrodome. That was a kiss of death for power hitters, and for hitters just in general. I can remember seeing him hit some bombs that barely made the warning track.

RIP
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Loved Jimmy Wynn. He played during the dead ball era when stats were harder to come by for hitters but he was a great player.

RIP Jimmy....
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
He might have made the Hall of Fame if he hadn't spent his best years in the Astrodome. That was a kiss of death for power hitters, and for hitters just in general. I can remember seeing him hit some bombs that barely made the warning track.

RIP

I am having fun at the statement "I remember seeing". Talk about words that dates us. I too remember seeing the Toy Cannon in Houston & LA.

One of my worst "I remember seeing" moments in life was seeing Kareem Abdul -Jabbar and the Big O stop our Lakers 33 game streak. A streak still standing.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

RIP

I am having fun at the statement "I remember seeing". Talk about words that dates us. I too remember seeing the Toy Cannon in Houston & LA.

One of my worst "I remember seeing" moments in life was seeing Kareem Abdul -Jabbar and the Big O stop our Lakers 33 game streak. A streak still standing.

You could probably freak out some of the younger generation by telling them that Bill Russell played for the Dodgers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject:

^^^ I remember the curse of the Bambino

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: