NBA finals 2010 game 7 Lakers vs Boston game thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Smh stupid ass Boston bench throwing towels in the air while he shoots!!
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

SASHA MAKES BOTH!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Aleksander "Sasha" "The Machine" VujačiΔ‡

Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

LETS GOOO!! BACK TO BACK CHAMPS!!

LAKESHOW!!!! πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

LAKERS 2010 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
LETS GOOO!! BACK TO BACK CHAMPS!!

LAKESHOW!!!! πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰

(OK, let me go watch those last 11 seconds over and over a few more times like I always do when I watch this game)
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

KOBE'S 5TH RING!!
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

(bleep) BOSTON!!!!
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

BOSTON SUCKS
BOSTON SUCKS
BOSTON SUCKS
BOSTON SUCKS
BOSTON SUCKS
BOSTON SUCKS
BOSTON SUCKS
BOSTON SUCKS
BOSTON SUCKS

πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Rest In Peace Kobe
Rest In Peace Dr. Buss
Rest In Peace David Stern
Rest In Peace GiGi
Rest In Peace Frank Hamblen
Rest In Peace Stuart Scott

😭😭😭
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

So many folks in the trophy presentation are gone now...
frostdude1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

It’s really sad
frostdude1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Love you Kobe!!! (bleep) you Boston
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

I had that image of the starting five looking up at the LarryO as my desktop image f o r e v e r...
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe that through a foggy rapid 10 years, that I forgot that Roscoe (Rasheed Wallace) was on this team...my hatred was always for Paula, Sour puss Perkins, apple head Rondo, and Shuttlesworth ..lol
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Yep, and not all the ones that passed died of old age....
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Man, i thought it was over at 2-3, that was an incredible series.

Btw, i find it pathetic how people say Gasol should have been FMVP and bringing up Kobes 'poor' shooting, and at the same time, Dirk gets legendary status for his 2011 series when he shot equally 'poor' (Kobe shot a higher TS% than team average, Dirk worse, despite 98% from the line) and had slightly worse numbers to Kobe overal. Its funny because the two are just a year apart.

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
Say what you want but Kobe still came thru like always

If you pay close attention to this game, Kobe was actually super efficient offensively once we fell behind by 13 in the 3rd qtr.

A big part was because he started drawing fouls, and he hit most of his free throws.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Rest In Peace Dr. Buss
Rest In Peace David Stern
Rest In Peace GiGi
Rest In Peace Frank Hamblen
Rest In Peace Stuart Scott

😭😭😭

that hit me hard while watching.....there was one scene right before the trophy presentation that I noticed all of them were in the picture.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
Say what you want but Kobe still came thru like always

If you pay close attention to this game, Kobe was actually super efficient offensively once we fell behind by 13 in the 3rd qtr.

A big part was because he started drawing fouls, and he hit most of his free throws.

Mamba Mentality
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

That was a bigger "no rebounds, no rings" game than Riles ever had as Laker HC. Our height across the front line, especially with Perkins out (thx to Drew) and Kobe with 15 boards. That was also the most "when your shot is off, impact the game in other ways" game of Kobe's kareer. I don't think he's ever had more dire immediate circumstances if he didn't figure out other ways to impact the game on the fly. Not an easy task for a player who impacts games offensively for the most part. He was so rarely if ever put in another situation like that.

Artest hit that clutch trey, but I don't think it was ever proven that we needed him to succeed against Pierce, especially older/slower PP. It's just as feasible that Trev could've done the same things in 2010 that he did for us in 2009. Wish we didn't have to choose between him and Odom. Lamar was the default winner of that competition due to his height, face up game, handle, and when-motivated rebounding. Trev was multifaceted at his own position. To borrow from that 1995 Nike/Gervin commercial re CWebb, Trevor's game was like lasagna....laaayered. He got in front of plumper Melo in 09. In 2010, he mighta done the same in a clutch moment to PP.

Also a good thing all the key Smelts at their respective mileage/ages were inconsistent from quarter to quarter. Went on scoring slumps that cost em games a la Gm3 and the whole of Gm6 where they scored 67 pts. Ray Allen went from hitting 8 treys in a win to going 0-8 a game later. Hated Ray Allen. He was an Horry type. Thankfully we didn't get the 2005 version of him.

And thank God the Smelts Sheed wasn't the Blazers or Pistons Sheed. Nuff said. He was REDRUM on the block. Imagine if he wasn't a nut who refused to seek Xanax. He was as mentally midgety vs the refs as Chris Webber, just in opposite ways. Chris got emo-sad when he perceived the refs had it out for him and Rasheed was angry-unchecked-Huey Newton in the same situation. Blazers and Dunleavy had no recourse but to pretend he wasn't a problem because Porty couldn't afford to turn down a player that good talentwise and he didn't give a sh even if they tried. You don't want a star player in a small market with such a keen grasp of his power and how to wield it in destructive and self-amusing ways. Not much different than having Rodman. The last team to keep him in check was a glamour team he liked playing for. On the Spurs, different story.

Rajon looked this year like a different person compared to 2010. They just straight left him on an island and dared him to shoot. Now I'm depressed again because I just reminded myself of the potential title that we're probably gonna get screwed out of. This was his Renaissance season.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
That was a bigger "no rebounds, no rings" game than Riles ever had as Laker HC. Our height across the front line, especially with Perkins out (thx to Drew) and Kobe with 15 boards. That was also the most "when your shot is off, impact the game in other ways" game of Kobe's kareer. I don't think he's ever had more dire immediate circumstances if he didn't figure out other ways to impact the game on the fly. Not an easy task for a player who impacts games offensively for the most part. He was so rarely if ever put in another situation like that.

Artest hit that clutch trey, but I don't think it was ever proven that we needed him to succeed against Pierce, especially older/slower PP. It's just as feasible that Trev could've done the same things in 2010 that he did for us in 2009. Wish we didn't have to choose between him and Odom. Lamar was the default winner of that competition due to his height, face up game, handle, and when-motivated rebounding. Trev was multifaceted at his own position. To borrow from that 1995 Nike/Gervin commercial re CWebb, Trevor's game was like lasagna....laaayered. He got in front of plumper Melo in 09. In 2010, he mighta done the same in a clutch moment to PP.

Also a good thing all the key Smelts at their respective mileage/ages were inconsistent from quarter to quarter. Went on scoring slumps that cost em games a la Gm3 and the whole of Gm6 where they scored 67 pts. Ray Allen went from hitting 8 treys in a win to going 0-8 a game later. Hated Ray Allen. He was an Horry type. Thankfully we didn't get the 2005 version of him.

And thank God the Smelts Sheed wasn't the Blazers or Pistons Sheed. Nuff said. He was REDRUM on the block. Imagine if he wasn't a nut who refused to seek Xanax. He was as mentally midgety vs the refs as Chris Webber, just in opposite ways. Chris got emo-sad when he perceived the refs had it out for him and Rasheed was angry-unchecked-Huey Newton in the same situation. Blazers and Dunleavy had no recourse but to pretend he wasn't a problem because Porty couldn't afford to turn down a player that good talentwise and he didn't give a sh even if they tried. You don't want a star player in a small market with such a keen grasp of his power and how to wield it in destructive and self-amusing ways. Not much different than having Rodman. The last team to keep him in check was a glamour team he liked playing for. On the Spurs, different story.

Rajon looked this year like a different person compared to 2010. They just straight left him on an island and dared him to shoot. Now I'm depressed again because I just reminded myself of the potential title that we're probably gonna get screwed out of. This was his Renaissance season.

Trevor was younger and a better fit. Artest was slightly past his prime, the more talented player but an awkward fit.

At the end of the day you can't deny Artest's overall contributions to our championship run that year. I think it's pretty much a toss-up between him and Odom as to who the third best/most important player on the team was that year. Odom was more "consistent" than Artest (which is a weird thing top say, since Odom was kind of inconsistent), but Artest had the more memorable impact plays that stick out.

You have the buzzerbeater putback vs the Suns (though he was bailing himself out for the previous mental fart that caused the Suns to go up in the first place). His Game 7 performance vs the Celtics, and the iconic dagger 3. And his overall defense on Pierce, Durant, and JRich (people forget he was averaging like 20+ PPG that playoffs). But probably the most underrated play of his was seconds into Game 1 of the NBA Finals where he got tangled with Pierce and wrestled him down to the floor. To me that set the tone for the rest of the Finals and sent a message that were were a much tougher team than the one they had dispatched in 2008. Similar to Fisher's elbow on Scola in 2009.

I agree with your points about Rasheed. Rasheed to me is a HOF level talent that never reached his full potential because of being a headcase and also being extremely unselfish (which made him a very great teammate in many respects). But Rasheed was such a huge catalyst in the 2000s. Even more so than someone like Webber (who was more dominant/talented).

Rasheed was the best player on the 2000 Blazers squad that almost kept the Lakers dynasty from even happening. Then he was one of the Top 3 players on a historically defensively great Pistons team that ended the Lakers dynasty and beat the 2004 Superteam. Then in 2005 they gave the Dynasty Spurs a run for their money and were some Robert Horry miracle heroics away from winning back-to-back. Then he started in place of an injured Perkins and almost lead the Celtics to beating Kobe's Lakers in 2010.

In some weird alternate universe where everything goes down exactly the same way (no "butterfly effect") but the only difference is a lucky bounce of the ball here and there Rasheed could've easily finished the decade with 4 championship rings (and being a huge catalyst in all of them). Crazy (Sheed crazy...)
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:

Trevor was younger and a better fit. Artest was slightly past his prime, the more talented player but an awkward fit.

At the end of the day you can't deny Artest's overall contributions to our championship run that year. I think it's pretty much a toss-up between him and Odom as to who the third best/most important player on the team was that year. Odom was more "consistent" than Artest (which is a weird thing top say, since Odom was kind of inconsistent), but Artest had the more memorable impact plays that stick out.

Trimmed parts agreed upon. Basic agreement with all. Don't wanna sound like I was coming down on Artest who was himself one of the greatest reclamation stories in NBA history considering where he was at after The Malace. He definitely had enough moments and respect for the uniform/franchise to have made himself a "true Laker". We know a True Laker from someone who just happened to play here. Artest not only made overall contributions, but a few of them were so indelible, they'll be talked about decades later.

The opportunity cost of Artest vs Ariza wasn't really all that yuge up until 2011. It was after that when Artest started to degrade that we really coulda used Ariza's youth, open court athleticism, overall athleticism, cltuch play, his newly developed shot which was a shame to lose since it was here that he developed it (a rare thing when we develop good things in a yute). Good defender, too. Slim, yes, but not so much that we absolutely needed to replace him with Artest to have a chance in hell against the Celts. However, before we actually did it, we were under the backdrop of anxiety from 2008 and PP turned out better in 08 for the Smelts (including miraculous recovery from major knee injury requiring a wheelchaired exit) and 2010. PP wasn't the same player in 10. So we found out after the fact that we prolly didn't need Artest to stop him.

I think the major nit remaining over Artest vs Ariza that I like to pick is losing that midcourt defense and gazelle running from Trev in the years 2011, 2012 etc. We might've had a better chance against the Mavs in 2011, tho I dunno if that means a 6-7 gm loss as opposed to a sweep. We just became a molasses ass plodding team with not only Artest but a more aged Kobe/Fish/etc and a bulked up Bynum. Trev did the same things Kobe did, so having him lightened Kobe's load.

Bynum is the other thing that still gripes me. He was in perfect shape in 07/8 before he landed on Odom's foot. Agile, ran up court quickly, still dominated most remaining traditional bigs in the paint. Because his injury was problematic during a prolonged recovery and we knew he had structural knee problems even as a teen, having him go to Shaq weight was a stupid move. If he was allowed to do that on his own without any input from the FO/coach, it was stupid to allow him.

The other injury from Kobe falling on his knee was also accidental, but the weight made him slower and more prone to knee problems in general. Might've even caused more damage to his knee than it would've in a healthy knee that a player fell into. As it was, Jerome Kersey fell into Sam Bowie's knee in a scene that looked identical to Kobe/Drew. Sam, another injury case since college, had major complications from that. Otoh, in 97 with the Lakers, Kersey also fell into Horry's knee which only resulted in a ligament tear with reasonably short recovery time. As with Bowie, you needed to treat Drew's knees like eggshells. Aritest and Drew of 2013 on were blecch. They and Mike Brown produced the ugliest ball in the LA Era. We had nothing in the way of a guy who could dart in front of a defender for a steal and dunk like Trev did to Melo.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Trimmed parts agreed upon. Basic agreement with all. Don't wanna sound like I was coming down on Artest who was himself one of the greatest reclamation stories in NBA history considering where he was at after The Malace. He definitely had enough moments and respect for the uniform/franchise to have made himself a "true Laker". We know a True Laker from someone who just happened to play here. Artest not only made overall contributions, but a few of them were so indelible, they'll be talked about decades later.

The opportunity cost of Artest vs Ariza wasn't really all that yuge up until 2011. It was after that when Artest started to degrade that we really coulda used Ariza's youth, open court athleticism, overall athleticism, cltuch play, his newly developed shot which was a shame to lose since it was here that he developed it (a rare thing when we develop good things in a yute). Good defender, too. Slim, yes, but not so much that we absolutely needed to replace him with Artest to have a chance in hell against the Celts. However, before we actually did it, we were under the backdrop of anxiety from 2008 and PP turned out better in 08 for the Smelts (including miraculous recovery from major knee injury requiring a wheelchaired exit) and 2010. PP wasn't the same player in 10. So we found out after the fact that we prolly didn't need Artest to stop him.

I think the major nit remaining over Artest vs Ariza that I like to pick is losing that midcourt defense and gazelle running from Trev in the years 2011, 2012 etc. We might've had a better chance against the Mavs in 2011, tho I dunno if that means a 6-7 gm loss as opposed to a sweep. We just became a molasses ass plodding team with not only Artest but a more aged Kobe/Fish/etc and a bulked up Bynum. Trev did the same things Kobe did, so having him lightened Kobe's load.

Bynum is the other thing that still gripes me. He was in perfect shape in 07/8 before he landed on Odom's foot. Agile, ran up court quickly, still dominated most remaining traditional bigs in the paint. Because his injury was problematic during a prolonged recovery and we knew he had structural knee problems even as a teen, having him go to Shaq weight was a stupid move. If he was allowed to do that on his own without any input from the FO/coach, it was stupid to allow him.

The other injury from Kobe falling on his knee was also accidental, but the weight made him slower and more prone to knee problems in general. Might've even caused more damage to his knee than it would've in a healthy knee that a player fell into. As it was, Jerome Kersey fell into Sam Bowie's knee in a scene that looked identical to Kobe/Drew. Sam, another injury case since college, had major complications from that. Otoh, in 97 with the Lakers, Kersey also fell into Horry's knee which only resulted in a ligament tear with reasonably short recovery time. As with Bowie, you needed to treat Drew's knees like eggshells. Aritest and Drew of 2013 on were blecch. They and Mike Brown produced the ugliest ball in the LA Era. We had nothing in the way of a guy who could dart in front of a defender for a steal and dunk like Trev did to Melo.

Yea....Bynum.......sigh....

Bynum I thought was such a great player. Often, when he was healthy and played a normal game, I'd be like this is the best center in the league. If you can find one clip....he turns around at the top of the key with the ball and basically dunks from the ft line, right near it. It was crazy. He would bust out these crazy moves out of the blue. THat one almost horizontal reverse dunk. His defense, all around effect...man, he was so good. the culprit here is that damn veto dont get me started.

Artest was a GREAT laker, sorry I didn't follow this whole trail, but he was fantastic...meaning NOBODY should be regretting that we didnt have Ariza. What?!! He saved one game in the playoffs with a buzzer beater and practically same in Game7. so you'd rather have Ariza there? That's a hard NO for me.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Batguano wrote:

I always say man - Bynum - the biggest what if. I truly believe he could have surpassed Duncan at least in terms of peak performance. You would see it too when we played the Spurs - Duncan would struggle against Bynum but Bynum had no problem backing Duncan down. Imagine the athleticism of 07/08 Bynum with the skill of Bynum from Jan 09 forward (this is the brief period when Bynum overtook Pau as the clear #2 and the Lakers kept feeding the beast with Bynum even scoring 42 his career high against the Clippers. This period all ending of course after Kobe bashed into Bynums knee). If he wasnt born knock-kneed and had horrible luck with teammates injuring him, he could have reached his potential.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: