THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2187, 2188, 2189 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Note to progressives:
Quote:
wint
@dril
issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding Donald Trump. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him"

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

CNN national poll:

Biden 53
Trump 42

Most likely an outlier. Some of the internals are also too good to be true, such as Biden winning voters 65 and older by 13 points (edit: the CNN article on the poll states that Trump is leading that demographic by 13 points, but the official release of the poll says it's Biden leading by 13. I will go with the official document). Still, even if you deduct a few points from that 11 point overall lead, it's still a lead.

Monmouth also has a poll:

Biden 48
Trump 44

Probably closer to reality. Again, it's better to be leading than losing.

What we need now is some consistent and good polling from WI/MI/PA, and also Arizona. I think that's where the election will be decided. I don't trust Florida.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

Might sound ignorant...

What laws are above the Supreme Court? Can their decisions ever be appealed? Their decision in Wisconsin needs investigated.

They should be brought up on some sort of charges for endangering the citizens of Wisconsin/Crimes against Humanity. Something needs to be done about this.

Just wait until 10% of the poll workers and voters standing in lines 3 hours long come up positive for Coronavirus.

Hopefully some crafty (bleep) files papers with The Hague and The UN General Assembly... something has to be done...

I would suggest we first petition Barr to designate the Wisconsin RNC a Terrorist Organization.

Politics should never be this evil to its own populace.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

John F Kennedy
Robert Kennedy
Martin Luther King Jr.

Leaders of the People not leaders of Corporations
Murdered because they tried to protect the people

Now it looks like the Wisconsin RNC somehow messed with the distribution of Democrats Mail in Ballots vs Republican ballots..

Here is a reply from a Wisconsinite

Quote:
Live in Madison, applied for absentee ballot more than three weeks ago and never got it. Friends who live in red districts had their ballots in under a week.

Wisconsin has already asked for a USPS Investigation into the missing mail in ballots. How convenient it overwhelmingly affects Democrats...
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
CNN national poll:

Biden 53
Trump 42

Most likely an outlier. Some of the internals are also too good to be true, such as Biden winning voters 65 and older by 13 points (edit: the CNN article on the poll states that Trump is leading that demographic by 13 points, but the official release of the poll says it's Biden leading by 13. I will go with the official document). Still, even if you deduct a few points from that 11 point overall lead, it's still a lead.

Biden 48
Trump 44

What we need now is some consistent and good polling from WI/MI/PA, and also Arizona. I think that's where the election will be decided. I don't trust Florida.

I had posted about my wish for Warren to be VP, but I'm thinking now Whitmer has a good chance just to ensure Michigan is won.
She's also doing a good job dealing w the Virus in her state.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
CNN national poll:

Biden 53
Trump 42

Biden 48
Trump 44

I'd throw in NC and I expect Trump to win NH.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

9 Ideas Joe Biden Should Steal from his Democratic Rivals : Link.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject:

Wow. The Fed is buying up federal debt from state and local governments. That hasn't happened since WWII.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Might sound ignorant...

What laws are above the Supreme Court? Can their decisions ever be appealed? Their decision in Wisconsin needs investigated.

They should be brought up on some sort of charges for endangering the citizens of Wisconsin/Crimes against Humanity. Something needs to be done about this.

Just wait until 10% of the poll workers and voters standing in lines 3 hours long come up positive for Coronavirus.

Hopefully some crafty (bleep) files papers with The Hague and The UN General Assembly... something has to be done...

I would suggest we first petition Barr to designate the Wisconsin RNC a Terrorist Organization.

The Supreme Court is just that, the supreme law of the land. That is why Republicans are so focused on it--well besides gerrymandering, voter suppression, denying women their "freedom", lame duck shenanigans, stealing completed absentee ballots, and having double standards for just about everything.

The only way around it is to take control. One way of doing that is packing the courts, which I have been against. Now, however, I'm much less against it, if at all. After the two supreme courts handed down decisions that could, and likely will, contribute to the death of our citizens, I'm, at least, not dead set against it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Trump should be in handcuffs after that sneaky move of firing the watchdog

That fake oversight was always just a headline the Dems negotiated to impress the rubes. Anyone with half a brain expected him to do that.

This crap. 100% made up by you. There was oversight written in and them Trump fired the Inspector General. Trump's breaking laws right and left. That is not Democrats's fault. Stop the stupid (bleep).

So your excuse is they were just incompetent then? That's actually even worse. I was at least giving them some craven credit.

Stop the bs whining lies or go post somewhere else. We wasted multiple pages of this thread explaining it all to you at the time.

In which you were now proven wrong. No regular person has received jack (bleep) from that bill and won't for some time, so the timing and immediacy argument of it has basically crumbled.

Meanwhile, Pelosi is hoping for a Phase 4 while McConnell probably couldn't care less as the corporate slush fund was secured. This shouldn't be hard to figure out who won.

Why is it that seemingly complain about everything everyone does in congress, with a Republican president, and a Senate controlled by Republicans, and seemingly praise everything that doesn't stand a chance to even get out of a committee?

The fun thing to me is that the poster in question has no credible alternative proposal that would get relief to people faster because there is no faster alternative way to do so given how broken down federal and many state institutions have become. Anyway, the UI will start hitting for a lot of folks in short order.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject:

Bernie's keeping all of his staffers on their healthcare plan through November 2020. Good stuff.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Might sound ignorant...

The Supreme Court is just that, the supreme law of the land. That is why Republicans are so focused on it--well besides gerrymandering, voter suppression, denying women their "freedom", lame duck shenanigans, stealing completed absentee ballots, and having double standards for just about everything.

The only way around it is to take control. One way of doing that is packing the courts, which I have been against. Now, however, I'm much less against it, if at all. After the two supreme courts handed down decisions that could, and likely will, contribute to the death of our citizens, I'm, at least, not dead set against it.

I saw a headline for McConnell "8,999 judges seated" ?? I swear.. let me look for it

Sitting on a throne of skulls, Mitch McConnell confirms his 8,999th judge
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/08/sitting-throne-skulls-mitch-mcconnell-confirms-his-8999th-judge/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

In Outreach to Left, Biden Unveils Plans on Medicare and Student Debt

Looking to appeal to Bernie Sanders’s supporters, Joe Biden announced proposals to lower the eligibility age for Medicare to 60 and to expand student debt forgiveness programs.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Might sound ignorant...

I saw a headline for McConnell "8,999 judges seated" ?? I swear.. let me look for it

Sitting on a throne of skulls, Mitch McConnell confirms his 8,999th judge
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/08/sitting-throne-skulls-mitch-mcconnell-confirms-his-8999th-judge/

He will go down as one of the great Republicans, at least according to Republicans. I don't know all the down-and-dirty, but it sure appears he outmaneuvered Harry Reid.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Returning from the store this morning, Rush came on--yeah, that's just how much my radio hates me. Anyway, I get about two minutes worth--or too many misrepresentations to count on one hand--and he goes on about the study that was mentioned in the Coronavirus thread that suggests it is possible that Californians were exposed much sooner than is suspected to the Coronavirus, thus have built up some immunity, thus totally explaining why the state has done so well, and why all of the praise for our great state is undeserved.

What is possible, becomes what is, without any supportive basis. That is a classic example of both how they roll in general, and why they scorn academics: They don't accept the scientific method, critical thinking, research, and supportive documentation.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

What is possible, becomes what is, without any supportive basis. That is a classic example of both how they roll in general, and why they scorn academics: They don't accept the scientific method, critical thinking, research, and supportive documentation.

Who knows what they really believe (personally, I think Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter, etc. are all BSing), but they know their audience - due to ideology, culture, and lack of adequate education - don't accept those things. And since they're all amoral, they have decided to lie to millions of people to make a living and to be close to power.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Looking to appeal to Bernie Sanders’s supporters, Joe Biden announced proposals to lower the eligibility age for Medicare to 60 and to expand student debt forgiveness programs.

Since Republicans want to raise the age, good luck with that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

At this point it is far more about trying to unify Dems and the Left than what can actually be brought to bear should Biden win.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

At this point it is far more about trying to unify Dems and the Left than what can actually be brought to bear should Biden win.

If Biden wins, there is a good chance we capture the Senate by the smallest of margins, probably needing his VP to break ties. And it would also probably include getting rid of the filibuster.

If that's the case, lowering the age for Medicare would be one of the easiest things to pass, I would think.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Census bureau released the latest population estimates. So someone looked at how many counties have a greater population than Wyoming. There are 116(!) counties that have more people than Wyoming.

But Wyoming still has two U.S. senators.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

If Biden wins, there is a good chance we capture the Senate by the smallest of margins, probably needing his VP to break ties. And it would also probably include getting rid of the filibuster.

If that's the case, lowering the age for Medicare would be one of the easiest things to pass, I would think.

Erasing student loan debt up to $125K really tightens my trousers. Maybe slip it into a reconciliation bill if the Dems can get to 50 reliable Senate votes.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

It seems cable news is finally coming to terms with Trump's daily self-promotion rallies. Judging from comments on Twitter, it seems CNN didn't show the press conference at all, and MSNBC cut away to start fact checking Trump's lies, then only returned to coverage when experts started speaking. I hope they keep it up. They've been roundly criticized for airing his lies and propaganda unchecked. Guess they are getting the message. I know Howard Dean told them he would no longer be a guest on any MSNBC show until they stopped airing them and he urged other high profile guests to do the same.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Census bureau released the latest population estimates. So someone looked at how many counties have a greater population than Wyoming. There are 116(!) counties that have more people than Wyoming.

But Wyoming still has two U.S. senators.

Reason number 298 that it is time to get rid of the Electoral College
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
It seems cable news is finally coming to terms with Trump's daily self-promotion rallies. Judging from comments on Twitter, it seems CNN didn't show the press conference at all, and MSNBC cut away to start fact checking Trump's lies, then only returned to coverage when experts started speaking. I hope they keep it up. They've been roundly criticized for airing his lies and propaganda unchecked. Guess they are getting the message. I know Howard Dean told them he would no longer be a guest on any MSNBC show until they stopped airing them and he urged other high profile guests to do the same.

I don't know how I feel about this.
I mean, I think it's important to see what he says in those briefings. Because his supporters will follow his lead. And we live among them.
If one day Trump tells them, virus over. go outside and hug everyone you miss. I want to be informed.
Also, the people watching MSNBC and CNN are smart enough to know he's full of crap. And if they aren't, MSNBC and CNN will tell their audience that anyways.
It's the people watching his briefings on Fox News I worry about. But even if by magical event, Fox stopped showing his briefings. Trump's supporters would find a way to see or read about it another way.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I support live fact checking his briefings. But I prefer them to still air them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2187, 2188, 2189 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2188 of 3663
Jump to: