A couple MORE 82 Chick gms

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject: A couple MORE 82 Chick gms

Other thread was done, veering into other topics. Here's a couple of newbies. Some takeaways if you watch both (it may take time since they're 15-20 mins each, but you should have time in self-iso). You'll find both games had a very similar pace and unfolded in similar ways. The other is that in the 80s, there were either a load of "pure" shooters in the NBA or there was more finesse in the NBA ocean. FGPs were high in general. Guys like King, English, Kiki, Free, Wilkes/Norm, Bird, etc etc. Lots of guys who could fill it up. Final takeaway, refs were probably consistently better back then. Earl Strom was great for us most of the time, Riles and Dr. Buss were happy to see him on the roster for the Baby Hook gm and he made key calls in our favor. However, they weren't immune to making turrible calls from time to time.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject:

Special RS game vs 76ers, 1982. Long game, long vid, but too much good stuff to cut. This was aired on KHJ/KCAL 9 instead of ON TV, the PPV channel that still carried Laker home games w/ a different crew narrating. Prime Ticket didn't premier til 85/86, iirc.

Kareem was to Caldwell Jones what Shaq was to Todd MacCullough. When you older heads first heard of the Sixers getting Moses, you must've known it was trouble. Rockets traded him for Caldwell and the 3rd pick of the 83 Draft which was Rodney McCray. Talk about a wack trade. I wonder if there was a 1983 equivalent of Popovich who cried rigged and demanded an investigation.

SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Special RS game vs 76ers, 1982. Long game, long vid, but too much good stuff to cut. This was aired on KHJ/KCAL 9 instead of ON TV, the PPV channel that still carried Laker home games w/ a different crew narrating. Prime Ticket didn't premier til 85/86, iirc.

Kareem was to Caldwell Jones what Shaq was to Todd MacCullough. When you older heads first heard of the Sixers getting Moses, you must've known it was trouble. Rockets traded him for Caldwell and the 3rd pick of the 83 Draft which was Rodney McCray. Talk about a wack trade. I wonder if there was a 1983 equivalent of Popovich who cried rigged and demanded an investigation.

Man I love clips with Dr. J. Rare indeed.

If i were there, I would be calling rigged too. The Moses Malone thing was a Nike orchestration IMO, lol, I'm not crazy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: