In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
i'll never forget those years after phil and shaq left. the whole world seemed to turn on kobe. even laker fans. i never did tho.. kobe was everything to me. someone i truly idolized. a hero and inspiration. i'll never forget watching every laker game during his prime even when we were trash... even when we rolled out garbage like chris mihm kwame brown smush parker jermaine jones atkins etc.. i still watched every game. because of kobe. win or lose you could always expect kobe to play his heart out and put on a show. its something that you really dont see anymore. especially in this soft ass era where dudes sit out because they're sore or resting. imagine kobe bryant sitting out when he could go out there and compete.. its like those old fake memes of kobe all photoshopped wrapped up in the hospital saying "kobe be like; put me in coach!" its true tho.. kobe always gave it a go. if he couldnt play you know it was serious. iirc there was that time when he tore his shoulder and was expected to be out for some time.. the man came back after a couple games shooting with his left lol. he played a whole season and won a championship with a broken finger with a huge wrap on it. he walked off a torn achilles!! he was so different.

i'll never truly get over his passing. it still hurts deeply and i still have times where i get really emotional thinking about it. time is helping to ease the pain.. time usually solves all i guess. now whenever i find myself feeling down, i just go back to those old kobe highlights and remember his greatness. i can get lost for hours simply mesmerized watching all his spectacular plays. thats what he was...spectacular.

What a great post among so many in this thread.

I miss this guy so much, what a human being and player Kobe Bryant was, a true savant.
nikosvault
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Made 3 finals clutch video reviews for Kobe, MJ and Lebron.

I could make some for kobe's individual PO runs (if people in here care).

Clutch criteria:

1. Less than 5 min. to go in the game (plus potential OT)

2. Game within +/- 8 points

Michael Jordan video:

Total FG = 47-107 (44 fg%)

Total 2-PT FG = 46-97 (47 fg%)

Total 3-PT FG = 1-10 (10 fg%)

1991 = 5-12
1992 = 7-16
1993 = 15-33
1996 = 0-1
1997 = 10-21
1998 = 10-24

Less than 1 min go go = 11-26 (42 fg%)

Less than 24 sec. to go = 4-10 (40 fg%)

Less than 10 sec to go = 3-7 (43 fg%)

Kobe Bryant video:

Total FG = 33-82 (40 fg%)

Total 2-PT FG = 30-59 (51 fg%)

Total 3-PT FG = 3-23 (13 fg%)

2000 = 6-10
2001 = 4-9
2002 = 3-5
2004 = 5-12
2008 = 4-9
2009 = 7-20
2010 = 4-17

Less than 1 min go go = 9-26 (35 fg%)

Less than 24 sec. to go = 5-11 (45 fg%)

Less than 10 sec to go = 3-7 (43 fg%)

Lebron James video:

Total FG = 31-91 (34 fg%)

Total 2-PT FG = 22-59 (37 fg%)

Total 3-PT FG = 9-32 (28 fg%)

2007 = 4-12
2011 = 2-11
2012 = 5-11
2013 = 7-15
2014 = 1-2
2015 = 5-23
2016 = 1-5
2017 = 0-3
2018 = 6-9

Less than 1 min go go = 9-25 (36 fg%)

Less than 24 sec. to go = 3-13 (23 fg%) 1-10 since 2007

Less than 10 sec to go = 2-7 (29 fg%) 0-5 since 2007
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

ViolaMB wrote:
yeah not ashamed to say it i cried once again, just look at the pain in vanessa's eyes and voice

As strong as she is, Vanessa is barely hanging on. We're just gonna have to continue sending love, light, and prayers her way.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

WNBA Introduces Kobe & Gigi Bryant WNBA Advocacy Award

Quote:
The recipient of the Kobe & Gigi Bryant WNBA Advocacy Award will be a tireless advocate for women’s basketball and foster the highest levels of leadership. The award will honor advocates and influencers who use their time, talent and platform to raise awareness for the game.

The WNBA and the Bryant family will announce the inaugural recipient during NBA All-Star 2021 in Indianapolis. Bryant’s wife, Vanessa, will play a large role in determining the honoree and present the award each year at NBA All-Star.

https://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-introduces-kobe-gigi-bryant-wnba-advocacy-award/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
ViolaMB wrote:
yeah not ashamed to say it i cried once again, just look at the pain in vanessa's eyes and voice

As strong as she is, Vanessa is barely hanging on. We're just gonna have to continue sending love, light, and prayers her way.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Found this by accident looking up info in the 97 playoff game when Kobe was just a rookie. Looks like it’s just a letter from a fan to the LA Times but talk about being completely wrong.

Quote:
Let me be the first to thank the Sleepy One, Elden Campbell, for forgetting the plays that led to the disastrous confrontation between Nick Van Exel and Del Harris that ultimately eliminated the Lakers and possibly will lead to the ouster of Van Exel in favor of the Human Turnover, Kobe Bryant, son of the Original Turnover, Joe “Jellybean” Bryant.

Mr. Downey and Mr. Plaschke, if Games 4 and 5 didn’t open your eyes: Should the Lakers drop Van Exel and put the ball and future of the possessionally-challenged Kobe Bryant, not only will it be the worst personnel move in Laker history, it will set back the championship program three or four years.

JOSEPH WRIGHT

LINK
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Found this by accident looking up info in the 97 playoff game when Kobe was just a rookie. Looks like it’s just a letter from a fan to the LA Times but talk about being completely wrong.

Quote:
Let me be the first to thank the Sleepy One, Elden Campbell, for forgetting the plays that led to the disastrous confrontation between Nick Van Exel and Del Harris that ultimately eliminated the Lakers and possibly will lead to the ouster of Van Exel in favor of the Human Turnover, Kobe Bryant, son of the Original Turnover, Joe “Jellybean” Bryant.

Mr. Downey and Mr. Plaschke, if Games 4 and 5 didn’t open your eyes: Should the Lakers drop Van Exel and put the ball and future of the possessionally-challenged Kobe Bryant, not only will it be the worst personnel move in Laker history, it will set back the championship program three or four years.

JOSEPH WRIGHT

LINK

Lol. Well that didn’t age well lol
lakerlynx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Some wounds are never going to heal. Phil Jackson visited Mamba Academy in January. https://twitter.com/lakersoutsiders/status/1254210825939648512?s=21
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe it's already been three months as of today. Still doesn't seem real.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

i miss him

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
i miss him

I haven’t watched much of Kobe highlights since the unfortunate tragedy.. perhaps I will try watching the Kobe documentary in a few years when it gets released.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
i'll never forget those years after phil and shaq left. the whole world seemed to turn on kobe. even laker fans. i never did tho.. kobe was everything to me. someone i truly idolized. a hero and inspiration. i'll never forget watching every laker game during his prime even when we were trash... even when we rolled out garbage like chris mihm kwame brown smush parker jermaine jones atkins etc.. i still watched every game. because of kobe. win or lose you could always expect kobe to play his heart out and put on a show. its something that you really dont see anymore. especially in this soft ass era where dudes sit out because they're sore or resting. imagine kobe bryant sitting out when he could go out there and compete.. its like those old fake memes of kobe all photoshopped wrapped up in the hospital saying "kobe be like; put me in coach!" its true tho.. kobe always gave it a go. if he couldnt play you know it was serious. iirc there was that time when he tore his shoulder and was expected to be out for some time.. the man came back after a couple games shooting with his left lol. he played a whole season and won a championship with a broken finger with a huge wrap on it. he walked off a torn achilles!! he was so different.

i'll never truly get over his passing. it still hurts deeply and i still have times where i get really emotional thinking about it. time is helping to ease the pain.. time usually solves all i guess. now whenever i find myself feeling down, i just go back to those old kobe highlights and remember his greatness. i can get lost for hours simply mesmerized watching all his spectacular plays. thats what he was...spectacular.

What a great post among so many in this thread.

I miss this guy so much, what a human being and player Kobe Bryant was, a true savant.

Awesome stuff Mamba81. Who could forget the Kobe/Cook Pick n pop and those super rainbow 3s from Jumaine Jones. Thank you Kobe...for making people like us believers even when nobody wanted to believe in you. You deserved a lifetime of happiness - I hope you are well.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:58 am    Post subject:

Kobe will be a part of the next episode in The Last Dance documentary on Sunday. A little clip of what’s to come. Seemed like behind the scenes of the all star game at msg in the clip above
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
https://youtu.be/3if4StNg4gk
Kobe will be a part of the next episode in The Last Dance documentary on Sunday. A little clip of what’s to come. Seemed like behind the scenes of the all star game at msg in the clip above

Oh, man ... I'm probably going to skip that part.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:

When you're 19 years old and the Gs of the NBA are talking about YOU around the campfire...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

Oh, man ... I'm probably going to skip that part.

I can't bring myself to watch anything Kobe related myself either. It still seems hard to believe. However I heard he's only going to be on for like 5 minutes so I doubt you'd be missing much.

Tomorrow will be especially hard since its Gigi's birthday
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

When you're 19 years old and the Gs of the NBA are talking about YOU around the campfire...

Right! All Star game at MSG and they talking about the ‘lil Laker boy’ lol
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Damn, feeling more sad 😢. Kobe was so at peace to no longer compare as to who is the best player. Gave MJ all the credits for making him the player he was and the desire to win the 5 chips. Kobe also easily passed the torch to lebron with his last tweet recognizing lebron greatness. He was so at peace with his career and was just focused on his next chapter and his family. Bleep he was taken too early. I don’t even want to watch the rest of the last dance now
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Edit: If it’s too painful for you guys to watch anything about Kobe then just don’t click on the links below. Or click on them but don’t watch (they are all videos on Twitter so they didn’t start right away. I had to hit play to watch them). I really don’t want to upset anyone and am posting out of respect for him, and we’re all fans so some people might want to watch.

"Every time I play against Mike, I learn something new."

LINK

I still remember part of this interview. Wow. Too bad they didn’t get to play against each other in the Finals.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sun May 03, 2020 10:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobe on him and MJ in The Last Dance:

LINK

Really humble and respectful there towards MJ.

Again might be painful for some to watch if they struggle to watch any videos of him.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sun May 03, 2020 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Wow, haven’t seen this video of Kobe and MJ in years showing some of the same moves they did. Could be pretty tough to watch for some though:

LINK
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:11 am    Post subject:

Never having that closure of seeing him rest peacefully, makes me think some other person named Kobe Bryant perished. His spirit was so strong on that screen last night.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

What makes me sad is that he was proving to be a better story teller then even a basketball player in retirement. It came easier to him. He didn't have to put in 15 hour grinding practice days everyday for this passion. And he got to spend time with his family while doing it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Hi guys hope you’re all good
Just dropped by for this
Saw it just now

Pau

You can see the pain is still there.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:26 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Hi guys hope you’re all good
Just dropped by for this
Saw it just now

Pau

You can see the pain is still there.

Ah, man, he shouldn't have shown him that clip. Got me all teary-eyed again, I can't imagine what Pau went through being on live.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 134 of 162
Jump to: