OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4589, 4590, 4591 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1259950885867786240?s=21

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

The crow tastes good
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

What a Celtic skank.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I may be late on this. But what the heck, Spencer Dinwiddie setting up a GoFundMe to determine his next team?

Also interesting the Lakers/Clips are the two teams shown...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dinwiddie-x-btc-x-nba
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

PNWlakers wrote:
I may be late on this. But what the heck, Spencer Dinwiddie setting up a GoFundMe to determine his next team?

1. LA kid
2. Ballmer is the new #1 NBA cash cow now. The clippers are now an attractive destination to players because richest owner willing to spend.

I’m sure Dinwiddie would love either team and he wants it out there.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The crow tastes good

I remember hearing it at the time and thinking about how stupid of a take it was. AD and Lebron's skillset are peanut butter and jelly. It was so obvious they were literally perfect for each other. Kawhi is plug and play? Really? When 1B on the Clippers plays the EXACT same game as Kawhi. How in the world did she come to that conclusion. What's pathetic is how many people before the season felt the same way in respect to both teams.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The crow tastes good

I remember hearing it at the time and thinking about how stupid of a take it was. AD and Lebron's skillset are peanut butter and jelly. It was so obvious they were literally perfect for each other. Kawhi is plug and play? Really? When 1B on the Clippers plays the EXACT same game as Kawhi. How in the world did she come to that conclusion. What's pathetic is how many people before the season felt the same way in respect to both teams.

Lots of people predicted that AD and LeBron were the perfect duo only some people thought that it wasn’t gonna work out.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
PNWlakers wrote:

1. LA kid
2. Ballmer is the new #1 NBA cash cow now. The clippers are now an attractive destination to players because richest owner willing to spend.

Exactly. Spencer on the clips would be scary. Just another versatile dawg.

I was more shocked by the idea of setting up a page and trying to circumvent the salary cap.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

PNWlakers wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PNWlakers wrote:

1. LA kid

I was more shocked by the idea of setting up a page and trying to circumvent the salary cap.

Yeah pretty ballsy, but I guess player empowerment just keeps growing and growing.

As for salary cap circumvention, Ballmer is doing what others before him have done. It’s part of the game. He obviously did it to land Kawhi. The NBA is just turning a blind eye because they are hell bent on having 2 teams succeed in both NY and LA.

Not a peep about Clippers or Nets bending the rules for the foreseeable future imo. They want those teams in the finals over the next 3-5 years. 4 teams in the 2 biggest markets is even more important from league point of view for $$ with the current China cluster F and worsening of that basketball relationship.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
PNWlakers wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PNWlakers wrote:

1. LA kid

Yeah pretty ballsy, but I guess player empowerment just keeps growing and growing.
As for salary cap circumvention, Ballmer is doing what others before him have done. It’s part of the game. He obviously did it to land Kawhi. The NBA is just turning a blind eye because they are hell bent on having 2 teams succeed in both NY and LA.

Not a peep about Clippers or Nets bending the rules for the foreseeable future. They want those teams in the finals over the next 3-5 years. 4 teams in the 2 biggest markets is even more important from league point of view for $$ with the current China cluster F and worsening of that basketball relationship.

Great points, yeah i guess this is the way of the league now. It's crazy to think of the Lakers as not the team in the driver seat, not even in their own city.

As Michael Scott would say, oh how the turntables ...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD makes a good point about the good situation the Clippers are in but the Lakers are also in a good situation and also if I recall Dinwiddie wanted to be traded to the Lakers during this years trade deadline I’m not suggesting that he wouldn’t want to play for the Clippers but it’s a good thing that he seems to like the Lakers.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Hell, have Balmer finance the GoFundMe and let the FANS vote...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD makes a good point about the good situation the Clippers are in but the Lakers are also in a good situation and also if I recall Dinwiddie wanted to be traded to the Lakers during this years trade deadline I’m not suggesting that he wouldn’t want to play for the Clippers but it’s a good thing that he seems to like the Lakers.

IG, the Lakers will always be the Lakers. Too much of an empire built up. Tradition and location, location, location.

The clippers are just the new “loud” competitor. Unfortunately, I think Ballmer is in it for the long haul so Jeanie has to keep up (legally and bending the rules). If she thinks she can’t financially or for other reasons, then we are fighting with one hand tied behind back...even with being the Lakers.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Talks of a new amnesty provision if the NBA decides to opt out of CBA deal with this pandemic.

Could help the Lakers get some talented guys on the cheap.

Blake Griffin
John Wall
Nic Batum
G.Hayward
M.Conley
Rudy Gay
Aminu
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 3:07 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Unbelievable how many clueless frauds are making it on tv

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

PNWlakers wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PNWlakers wrote:

1. LA kid

$954 raised of $24,632,600 goal

Yeah not sure it's going to happen the way he's thinking but Dinwiddie is the perfect starting PG on the Lakers and he knows it. If the every got any closer I'd make a donation lol
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

you got to be really stupid fan to put even a dime in that gofundme campaign
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Talks of a new amnesty provision if the NBA decides to opt out of CBA deal with this pandemic.

Could help the Lakers get some talented guys on the cheap.

Blake Griffin
John Wall
Nic Batum
G.Hayward
M.Conley
Rudy Gay
Aminu

what Lakers need is CP3.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bojan Bogdanovic will undergo season-ending surgery on his right wrist, per @wojespn

He's expected to make a full recovery in time for 2020-21 season

Utah might now be a team that doesn’t want the season to resume. Bojan is a big loss for them.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Bojan Bogdanovic will undergo season-ending surgery on his right wrist, per @wojespn

He's expected to make a full recovery in time for 2020-21 season

Utah might now be a team that doesn’t want the season to resume. Bojan is a big loss for them.

The Jazz never had a chance even if Bojan was healthy they were a 2nd round team at best.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

Just heard about the possible amnesty of a player at the end of the year. Anyone know if the Lakers can amnesty Deng? He's owed $15 million for the next 3 years. I know he was stretched..but if you amnesty his salary he won't be counted on the cap.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

I would love it if Blake Griffin joined the Lakers and sticked it to the Clippers and plays like an all star with us, this amnesty thing is great for us especially since players might line up and play for us after teams use the amnesty provision.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Just heard about the possible amnesty of a player at the end of the year. Anyone know if the Lakers can amnesty Deng? He's owed $15 million for the next 3 years. I know he was stretched..but if you amnesty his salary he won't be counted on the cap.

Theoretically, the league and players union could negotiate an amnesty that includes removing a stretched players from the cap, though it's anyone's guess if they would. The stretch provision was put in place at the same time of the last amnesty about a decade ago, so there's no precedence to indicate what direction they might go on something like this.

Practically, it probably wouldn't matter that much for us. Removing Deng from the cap wouldn't give us anymore cap space in 20-21. Conceivably it could make a small difference in 21-22.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Theoretically, the league and players union could negotiate an amnesty that includes removing a stretched players from the cap, though it's anyone's guess if they would. The stretch provision was put in place at the same time of the last amnesty about a decade ago, so there's no precedence to indicate what direction they might go on something like this.

Practically, it probably wouldn't matter that much for us. Removing Deng from the cap wouldn't give us anymore cap space in 20-21. Conceivably it could make a small difference in 21-22.

Thanks...Looking at their roster he seemed like the only logical choice, since most players besides Bron and AD take up $5 million or less on the cap. Green makes $15 million for one more year and KCP has a player option at $8 million which could go either way.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
activeverb wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Thanks...Looking at their roster he seemed like the only logical choice, since most players besides Bron and AD take up $5 million or less on the cap. Green makes $15 million for one more year and KCP has a player option at $8 million which could go either way.

We don't have any big salaries or long contracts we want to get rid off, so it's unlikely we'd amnesty anyone. We'd just hope some other team amnesties someone we like who will sign here for the minimum.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4589, 4590, 4591 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4590 of 8560
Jump to: