OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4590, 4591, 4592 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Am amnesty rule could change the look of the league instantly. Would be kinda scary to see GS get another free player, plus their high pick (or whatever it can be traded for).

I know Eric Gordon would be a goner as a Rocket.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Am amnesty rule could change the look of the league instantly. Would be kinda scary to see GS get another free player, plus their high pick (or whatever it can be traded for).

GS would probably amnesty Wiggens to get under the luxury tax, and hope they could sign Griffin for the minimum.

But then if Griffin gets amnestied, most of the contending teams will make a pitch for him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

GS would probably amnesty Wiggens to get under the luxury tax, and hope they could sign Griffin for the minimum.

But then if Griffin gets amnestied, most of the contending teams will make a pitch for him.

Why would they amnesty a 20ppg younger player to give Blake the minimum when the minimum wouldn't count against the cap?
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject:

If the amensty theory unfolds, I'd be most intrigued with CP3 signing with us. You know damn well we'd be his first choice. Griffin would be great as well. Imagine this:

AD, Dwight/Boogie
Griffin
LBJ, Kuzma
Green, KCP, Caruso
CP3, Bradley
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

CP3 and another defensive wing would be nice from the amnesty clause?

does batum have anything left? or josh jackson?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
CP3 and another defensive wing would be nice from the amnesty clause?

does batum have anything left? or josh jackson?

It’s likely teams will use the amnesty on players we haven’t talked about like Nikola Vucevic for example.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

As we've seen with previous Amnesty Waivers, teams don't like waiving big salaries with multiple years on them, since you still have to pay the player. I'm not sure an Amnesty would make waiving CP3 significantly more palatable for OKC.

One player I would keep an eye on is Gordon Hayward. Boston is at $144M in team payroll next year if they keep Theis $ $5M. They can cut into that a few million around the edges, but that doesn't move the needle. Gordon has been a tough fit with his injury and they have their primary ball handler (Kemba) and Wings (Tatum, Brown). Not sure there's a trade market for GH @ $34M.

Boston's identity rests with Tatum and Brown now.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Why would they amnesty a 20ppg younger player to give Blake the minimum when the minimum wouldn't count against the cap?

The idea is that by amnestying Wiggens they would get under the luxury tax and save something like $60 million or $70 million in the repeater payment.

He's a decent player, but I don't know that the Warriors would pay a $60 penalty to have him on the roster if there was a way to get out of it.

They would do that whether or not they signed anyone else. If they got Griffin, it wouldn't bring them over the luxury tax.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
As we've seen with previous Amnesty Waivers, teams don't like waiving big salaries with multiple years on them, since you still have to pay the player. I'm not sure an Amnesty would make waiving CP3 significantly more palatable for OKC.

One player I would keep an eye on is Gordon Hayward. Boston is at $144M in team payroll next year if they keep Theis $ $5M. They can cut into that a few million around the edges, but that doesn't move the needle. Gordon has been a tough fit with his injury and they have their primary ball handler (Kemba) and Wings (Tatum, Brown). Not sure there's a trade market for GH @ $34M.

I don't see the Thunder amnestying Paul. He only has two years to go on his contract and he's still playing at an all-star level. They were the #5 seed this year. Unless you're sure you can get a free agent who's significantly better than Paul, what's the advantage in letting him walk and having to pay him $80 million for nothing?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I don't see the Thunder amnestying Paul. He only has two years to go on his contract and he's still playing at an all-star level. They were the #5 seed this year. Unless you're sure you can get a free agent who's significantly better than Paul, what's the advantage in letting him walk and having to pay him $80 million for nothing?

Agree. He's not getting bought out or amnestied.

CP3 has OKC in the playoff picture. That payoff revenue will offset any discomfort/taxes associated with him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I would love CP3 if he was amnestied but I think a better chance we get John Wall which wouldn’t be bad because there has been stories that he has looked good in work outs.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I would love CP3 if he was amnestied but I think a better chance we get John Wall which wouldn’t be bad because there has been stories that he has looked good in work outs.

At this point, I take all this with a grain of salt.

First, we'll see if there actually is an amnesty.

Second, we'll see how they revise the CBA which will determine which players might get amnestied.

Third, we'll see who actually gets amnestied.

Fourth, we'll see where amnestied players decide to go.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

At this point, I take all this with a grain of salt.

First, we'll see if there actually is an amnesty.

Second, we'll see how they revise the CBA which will determine which players might get amnestied.

Third, we'll see who actually gets amnestied.

Fourth, we'll see where amnestied players decide to go.

Also if there would be waiver process where teams with cap space could bid on amnestied players like in the past.

I'll gladly take John Wall and Blake Griffin as reclamation projects in smaller roles.

OKC wouldn't cut CP3. Would find it hard to believe Washington would cut Wall with all the money he is owed also but executives named Washington and Detroit as teams that would benefit the most.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject:

If amnesty comes around again, the Knicks would def kick Randle to the curb and save 40m over the next two seasons. He doesn’t really help us in any way, shape, or form though.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
If amnesty comes around again, the Knicks would def kick Randle to the curb and save 40m over the next two seasons. He doesn’t really help us in any way, shape, or form though.

Why would they do that? What else are they going to do with their money?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

The NBA should allow teams to amnesty dead cap. Let's amortize Luol Deng's remaining salary amongst all 30 teams.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

I'll gladly take John Wall and Blake Griffin as reclamation projects in smaller roles. .

Those guys will be interesting. A year ago, before their injuries, both were all-star players who dominated their teams. If they are amnestied, it will be interesting to see what role they require and what team they choose to go to.

Would Wall be happy as the #3 guy on a team where he can't dominated the ball as he has his whole career? No idea.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Why would they do that? What else are they going to do with their money?

There were reports that the new management was looking to trade him this off season. Randle as a Knick has been his worst iteration thus far. Lakers fans loved him. He was great for NOLA. Knicks fans question why he wants to dribble the ball up court and chuck 3’s. I think a change of scenery would be good for him, obviously.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Wait a second. We were told by some (including members of this forum) that nobody wants to play for the Lakers
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Wait a second. We were told by some (including members of this forum) that nobody wants to play for the Lakers

Who wants to play for the Lakers?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Who wants to play for the Lakers?

Guys like you

Who promised us to find clippersground.net but are still here

dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I'll gladly take John Wall and Blake Griffin as reclamation projects in smaller roles. .

Those guys will be interesting. A year ago, before their injuries, both were all-star players who dominated their teams. If they are amnestied, it will be interesting to see what role they require and what team they choose to go to.

Would Wall be happy as the #3 guy on a team where he can't dominated the ball as he has his whole career? No idea.

Lakers would have a lot of things working for them IMO for Wall

1. It's LA
2. Legit chance to win
3. Fill a major need on this team for playmaker outside of LeBron
4. Chance to earn more money with a strong showing in major market
5. Kentucky ties (AD/Boogie/Rondo)

Last edited by dcarter4kobe on Thu May 21, 2020 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

If the amnesty does come back, like some have said I can see Wall being a candidate. Rumors are staring to go out that the Wizards are looking to trade Beal to the Nets. Maybe Wizards want to refresh. So one would guess Wall would be let go if the amnesty comes back
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/sdinwiddie_25/status/1263575255756521473?s=21

He will not be playing for Brooklyn next season imo.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Wall would a great piece to grab IF he becomes available. A slashing, shot-creating point guard that can be a secondary ball handler. Similar to what I wanted from DRose if we traded for him
#18 next...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4590, 4591, 4592 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4591 of 8560
Jump to: