Season is over (personal opinion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Governor Newsom just said that "pro sports events" in California can resume in June without fans. Good sign headed in right direction for more sports events to resume later in June & July.

Per SoCal Sports. The NBA doesn’t have plans to play here but nonetheless a good sign.

With the positive news of a vaccine and Newsom making the above statement, there’s a lot of positive momentum. sports coming back seems very likely.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Governor Newsom just said that "pro sports events" in California can resume in June without fans. Good sign headed in right direction for more sports events to resume later in June & July.

Per SoCal Sports. The NBA doesn’t have plans to play here but nonetheless a good sign.

A little OT but I wonder if Staple’s HVAC system is up to the required specs or if AEG will have to alter it?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject:

As much as sports are trivial in the grand scheme of things, it's great to see all this positive momentum (fingers crossed!) towards the NBA season re-starting.

And the understated silver lining of sports being gone for the last two months is that now we may not have to deal with the dog days of late summer when there's nothing going on but baseball, since we already took the hit. If everything goes according to plan (fingers crossed again!), we could jump straight from the NBA playoffs to the NFL regular season, and with the NBA offseason going on at the same time...then as the NFL playoffs are winding down, the NBA regular season could just be getting started. Year-round football and basketball!

Who knows, the sports calendar may just change permanently for the better.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
As much as sports are trivial in the grand scheme of things, it's great to see all this positive momentum (fingers crossed!) towards the NBA season re-starting.

And the understated silver lining of sports being gone for the last two months is that now we may not have to deal with the dog days of late summer when there's nothing going on but baseball, since we already took the hit. If everything goes according to plan (fingers crossed again!), we could jump straight from the NBA playoffs to the NFL regular season, and with the NBA offseason going on at the same time...then as the NFL playoffs are winding down, the NBA regular season could just be getting started. Year-round football and basketball!

It’s crazy because there’s so much going on in the world right now but that is a great point and something I didn’t think about. We essentially went through the dog days of summer sports three months early.

Once we get sports back, it will be the start of MLB and the NBA/NHL Playoffs, then the NFL . I still worry about college football coming back though.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
King Randle wrote:

With the positive news of a vaccine and Newsom making the above statement, there’s a lot of positive momentum. sports coming back seems very likely.

The vaccine I take with a grain of salt. All we know now is from press releases issued by the company that is profiting from making announcements.

My guess is Los Angeles county will be more conservative that the state, so they might lag a couple of months behind in opening things up.

In any case, I don't expect the Lakers to play any official games in California again this year.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
King Randle wrote:

The vaccine I take with a grain of salt. All we know now is from press releases issued by the company that is profiting from making announcements.

My guess is Los Angeles county will be more conservative that the state, so they might lag a couple of months behind in opening things up.

In any case, I don't expect the Lakers to play any official games in California again this year.

I agree. Both those pieces of news actually don’t have a direct effect with the Lakers starting their season up. I do think the positive momentum in news regarding COVID helps the NBA as a whole come back in terms of optics and PR. They still need to get the safety down of course.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Off Topic -

I haven't been posting much on any Lakers Board for the past couple of months.

Anyone know what happened to LakerNation.com? Did it die?

No one seems to have a definitive answer. If I recall correctly, bfc1125roy says bigfetz started up lakersnation.net in hopes of getting some users back together. According to bfc, Real Deal re-surfaced recently and reported the lakersnation.com site was hacked. Sad news, man. I never signed up there and don’t know who these users are but hope they recover!

Thanks for the info. Hope they get back up as well. We are all Lakers Fans and Lakers Family.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1263149599415549952?s=21
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
activeverb wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I agree. Both those pieces of news actually don’t have a direct effect with the Lakers starting their season up. I do think the positive momentum in news regarding COVID helps the NBA as a whole come back in terms of optics and PR. They still need to get the safety down of course.

Yeah, if they restart, they won't play games in California and they won't have a vaccine.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

I’m stoked that we are gonna watch sports again, this coronavirus thing has shook the whole world and I’m glad things are starting to look up, let’s gooo!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m stoked that we are gonna watch sports again, this coronavirus thing has shook the whole world and I’m glad things are starting to look up, let’s gooo!

Let’s do it IG!

Slowly but surely. First, the Euro soccer leagues, then baseball and then NBA for the playoffs 🔥
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Let’s do it IG!

Slowly but surely. First, the Euro soccer leagues, then baseball and then NBA for the playoffs 🔥

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

Woj bomb

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/1263188824995368965
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Story w/ @ShamsCharania on Orlando emerging as a clear frontrunner to host the rest of the 19-20 season. All the momentum is in that direction. Details here, at @TheAthletic

I sense it’s going to happen. Can’t wait!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject:

LETS GOOOOOO
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

It seems like we haven’t watched basketball for months, so excited to see our team try to get #17.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

It’s happening!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Was told this is the timeline for the NBA’s return:

Training Camp: June 20 - July 10
5 Regular Season Games: July 15-23
1st Round: July 25 - Aug 7
2nd Round: Aug 8 - Aug 21
Conference Finals: Aug 22 - Sep 5
Finals: Sep 7 - Sep 20

NBA Draft: Sep 25
Free Agency: Oct 1

https://twitter.com/grantafseth/status/1263582408189730824?s=21
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Lots of conflicting stuff regarding the NBA return date because you also see this

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/258221/NBA-Considering-Shortening-19-20-Regular-Season-To-70-Games

Who knows which guy is telling the truth.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Lots of conflicting stuff regarding the NBA return date because you also see this

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/258221/NBA-Considering-Shortening-19-20-Regular-Season-To-70-Games

The second article is probably more accurate in that it describes this as simply one of many options that the NBA is considering. I suspect the first article it's just another of those options. But nothing's close to being set in stone
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

The second article is probably more accurate in that it describes this as simply one of many options that the NBA is considering. I suspect the first article it's just another of those options. But nothing's close to being set in stone

True about no exact date....but can confidently say now that the NBA will be back in July....at least that’s what the Milwaukee Bucks owner said in a podcast.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Based on regional TV contracts 70 games is likely a real number. If not, why go to all the trouble?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
League sources say NBA teams have been informed they would likely be allowed to bring (roughly) 35 players/coaches/staff into a "campus" environment if the 2019-20 season, as increasingly expected, resumes in July

In normal circumstances, team travel parties routinely exceed 50

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1263884398644117506?s=21

More specifics...
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

I agree with the bolded. I'd just say that in the future, they should end the NBA Finals before Week 1 of the NFL regular season so that the NBA doesn't have to compete with the NFL at all for ratings during their championship series.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
I'm very optimistic that the season will be restarted May-July with an abbreviated post-season.

Told you they'd be back.

I'm always correct.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22
Jump to: