Daryl Morey was right - Free Hong Kong!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject: Daryl Morey was right - Free Hong Kong!

Xi Jinping is a dictator and the NBA should be planning to extricate itself from all business with China as long as Xi is in power.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Daryl Morey was right - Free Hong Kong!

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Xi Jinping is a dictator and the NBA should be planning to extricate itself from all business with China as long as Xi is in power.

Exactly. The nice thing is that when the dust settles, many countries are going to turn their backs on China (rightly so and a long time coming).
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

so LBJ was wrong? is this lakersground or clutchfans?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:

Do you only follow the Lakers because of Lebron?
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:

no, but based on your logic, I should ask you you're putting this topic in lakers lounge because of what? Morey? rockets? or just to say LBJ was wrong?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

no, but based on your logic, I should ask you you're putting this topic in lakers lounge because of what? Morey? rockets? or just to say LBJ was wrong?

That the Lakers are a team in the NBA.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

but you didn't mention any link to the lakers, I mentioned lebron just to justify your topic here, not because I follow lakers to follow lebron.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

but you didn't mention any link to the lakers, I mentioned lebron just to justify your topic here, not because I follow lakers to follow lebron.

O...k. thnx
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

O...k. thnx

so you think lebron, or heck steve kerr is wrong? only morey out of all people is right? why?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

O...k. thnx

so you think lebron, or heck steve kerr is wrong? only morey out of all people is right? why?

Let's ask Steve Kerr about the Uighur concentration camps and see what he says. Or Lebron, to keep the conversation Lakers centric.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

O...k. thnx

Let's ask Steve Kerr about the Uighur concentration camps and see what he says. Or Lebron, to keep the conversation Lakers centric.

same thing, don't comment on things that you don't know about in another country. save our tax dollar for our own fight against the pandemic and not spend another dollar on world policing 'bleep"
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

O...k. thnx

same thing, don't comment on things that you don't know about in another country. save our tax dollar for our own fight against the pandemic and not spend another dollar on world policing 'bleep"

What's hard to understand about concentration camps being evil regardless of where they're located?

"Hey, everybody, let's not talk about those Jewish ghettos, they're a thing happening in another country" - most of the world prior to the Holocaust.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

O...k. thnx

What's hard to understand about concentration camps being evil regardless of where they're located?

"Hey, everybody, let's not talk about those Jewish ghettos, they're a thing happening in another country" - most of the world prior to the Holocaust.

not really, please don't compare the camps we have today to those from years ago, we treat the illegal immigrants much nicer than that. so no, "concerntration camps" are do not have the same meaning today. And they are not evil since there are many of them today everywhere in the world. Prisons, detention centers, shelters, and even quarantine centers (I wish we have them in the US) are not evil.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

O...k. thnx

not really, please don't compare the camps we have today to those from years ago, we treat the illegal immigrants much nicer than that. so no, "concerntration camps" are do not have the same meaning today. And they are not evil since there are many of them today everywhere in the world. Prisons, detention centers, shelters, and even quarantine centers (I wish we have them in the US) are not evil.

I didn't think "but our concentration camps are nice" was going to come up in this exchange, so thank you for that.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

O...k. thnx

I didn't think "but our concentration camps are nice" was going to come up in this exchange, so thank you for that.

is a prison a concentration camp? what about a immigrant detention centers? come on dude, you think we starve people or experiment on people in those camps?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

O...k. thnx

is a prison a concentration camp? what about a immigrant detention centers? come on dude, you think we starve people or experiment on people in those camps?

Yes, US immigrant detention centers are concentration camps.

Being a Muslim is criminal in the PRC?
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:

O...k. thnx

Yes, US immigrant detention centers are concentration camps.

Being a Muslim is criminal in the PRC?

I'll take this in another thread we have in off topic.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Someone close this stupid thread
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Someone close this stupid thread

kush...no! You're my film bro!
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Daryl Morey is not employed by the Lakers.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Daryl Morey is not employed by the Lakers.

He will be in 2022
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Daryl Morey was right - Free Hong Kong!

How is this any of your business?
1. Non Lakers related
2. Non USA related
3. NBA will never abandon China because the money is there and certainly won’t be doing it because you think it is right

You want to get involved, go run for President. Better yet, go to HK to protest with those people
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Daryl Morey was right - Free Hong Kong!

mad55557777 wrote:

How is this any of your business?
1. Non Lakers related
2. Non USA related
3. NBA will never abandon China because the money is there and certainly won’t be doing it because you think it is right

You want to get involved, go run for President. Better yet, go to HK to protest with those people

I'll "protest" here, thank you very much. Jeanie should denounce China's treatment of Hong Kong and shouldn't associate her father's legacy with Xi's authoritarianism.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: