THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2253, 2254, 2255 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
"cultural issues"

To downplay the difference is to downplay the difference between life and death, literally. Food on the table or starvation. Millions of people having healthcare or not

It's mind boggling. Why even support left wing policy if that is just a "slight" difference?

"Sure, being able to get an abortion is nice and all, but does anyone really have bodily autonomy under capitalism?"
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Wait, Democrats are for a UBI now? They weren't even for Jayapal's Paycheck Guarantee Act.

And I've conceded, I don't know how many times to you, that Democrats are slightly better. That's part of the scam. Paper or plastic.

What do you say to the people who lose those unemployment benefits due to Mitch McConnell? And who have a family member die due to preventable and unsafe workplace COVID deaths?

Your life would be slightly better if daddy was around and you had enough food to eat?

Does Daddy have free-at-the-point-of-service health care in this scenario? This is really the crux of the disagreement, if your staring point is that low, a free test or mask or whatever is enough to win your vote, why would they ever move to the left or whatever you consider "progressive"? You just admitted you can be bought for peanuts. That's why they don't care.

lol...Biden and Pelosi are kissing the asses of wealthy suburbanites who actually vote for them while you and yours are taking your purity ball and whinging all the way home about "how you can't be bought."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Wait, Democrats are for a UBI now? They weren't even for Jayapal's Paycheck Guarantee Act.

And I've conceded, I don't know how many times to you, that Democrats are slightly better. That's part of the scam. Paper or plastic.

What do you say to the people who lose those unemployment benefits due to Mitch McConnell? And who have a family member die due to preventable and unsafe workplace COVID deaths?

Your life would be slightly better if daddy was around and you had enough food to eat?

Does Daddy have free-at-the-point-of-service health care in this scenario? This is really the crux of the disagreement, if your staring point is that low, a free test or mask or whatever is enough to win your vote, why would they ever move to the left or whatever you consider "progressive"? You just admitted you can be bought for peanuts. That's why they don't care.

Dad died on the job. His family is starving because they have zero legal recourse (Mitch McConnell).

Or Dad is laid off due to this VERY preventable pandemic devastation (Trump). And the family doesn't have enough unemployment benefits to eat (Mitch McConnell).

Do you care? Or do you only care if its Pelosi or Biden's fault?
I just want you to judge everyone on an equal playing field.
If one person isn't doing enough. Call them out.
If one person is actively doing the opposite of what the country needs. Hold them accountable that much more.
The two aren't slightly different.

Frankly the difference between the two are more than enough to vote one over the other.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri May 22, 2020 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Dad died on the job. His family is starving because they have zero legal recourse (Mitch McConnell).

Or Dad is laid off due to this VERY preventable pandemic devastation (Trump). And the family doesn't have enough unemployment benefits to eat (Mitch McConnell).

Do you care? Or do you only care if its Pelosi or Biden's fault?
I just want you to judge everyone on an equal playing field.
If one person isn't doing enough. Call them out.
If one person is actively doing the opposite of what the country needs. Hold them accountable that much more.
The two aren't slightly different.

https://www.salon.com/2019/06/19/joe-biden-to-rich-donors-nothing-would-fundamentally-change-if-hes-elected/

I stand by "slightly".
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

The "crying all the way to the bank" comment in regards to Rogan perpetuating Trumpian BS . . .

Yep.
It's okay to say I (pretending I'm Surf) liked Rogan when he was endorsing my guy Bernie.
But his most recent comments (A) are unacceptable and (B) show he truly leans right and is pushing their agenda forward.

The veil Joe used to cover his bias is thinning day after day.

It's okay for people to change their opinion of others. Heck I used to like watching Trump on The Apprentice.

I wasn't trying to imply that crying all the way to the bank is a good thing (for anyone except Joe Rogan). I've been disappointed by a number of his positions including when he said he couldn't vote for Biden over Trump. His Obamagate story is just another disappointment. His opinions on the lockdown are also wrong.

I actually wonder if Rogan will feel emboldened to let his true colors show (whatever they are) since he has nothing to lose since Spotify just gave him $100M with no editorial control. It also makes me wonder if the people at Spotify are starting to second guess what they just did.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Obama: has EPA create and begin implementing a Clean Power Plan.

Trump: repeals it, weakens EPA oversight, has EPA repeal regulations against corporations from polluting American water and air.

The One True Progressive: "both of these things are the same to me, an intellectual and true voice of the working man and woman."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
I wasn't trying to imply that crying all the way to the bank is a good thing (for anyone except Joe Rogan). I've been disappointed by a number of his positions including when he said he couldn't vote for Biden over Trump. His Obamagate story is just another disappointment. His opinions on the lockdown are also wrong.

I actually wonder if Rogan will feel emboldened to let his true colors show (whatever they are) since he has nothing to lose since Spotify just gave him $100M with no editorial control. It also makes me wonder if the people at Spotify are starting to second guess what they just did.

Couldn't agree more with your first paragraph.

The second paragraph is an interesting question. It's a win-win for him at this point. Either he keeps pretending he is without party affiliation. Or he unabashedly embraces being a Republican. Either way, he'll keep raking in the money from the right wing following he's nurtured for years.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Horseshoe theory; praxis; Jacobin Magazine: Obamagate is a Serious Scandal
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I do not care what color any American is if they are considering Voting for Trump they are traitors.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

lol...Biden and Pelosi are kissing the asses of wealthy suburbanites who actually vote for them while you and yours are taking your purity ball and whinging all the way home about "how you can't be bought."

Because, kikanga, the actual worst results (superficially) for leftists would be Biden winning the presidency comfortably. Trump winning again would be a better outcome for their cause.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
John Hudson
@John_Hudson
SCOOP: In a meeting last week, the Trump administration discussed conducting the first U.S. nuclear test explosion since 1992 in a move that would have far-reaching consequences and reverse a decades-long moratorium

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1263999634575417345

bOtH ParTIes aRE ThE SaME
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject:

If greenfrog were a true leftist, he would be enticing everyone to donate to Ed Markey's campaign against centrist opponent Joe Kennedy, III.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject:

If greenfrog were a true leftist, he would be enticing everyone to donate to Ed Markey's campaign against centrist opponent Joe Kennedy, III.

I've donated $300 to Markey's re-election campaign so far to help prevent a centrist floating on the Kennedy name from taking power in a safe blue state, and I urge every poster here regardless of residence to do the same.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
John Hudson
@John_Hudson
SCOOP: In a meeting last week, the Trump administration discussed conducting the first U.S. nuclear test explosion since 1992 in a move that would have far-reaching consequences and reverse a decades-long moratorium

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1263999634575417345

bOtH ParTIes aRE ThE SaME

Seems Trump is trying to single handedly fulfill every pseudo-Christian end-time prophecy he can get his hands on. Pompeo and Barr are also extreme religious zealots. This is (bleep) nuts.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Because, kikanga, the actual worst results (superficially) for leftists would be Biden winning the presidency comfortably. Trump winning again would be a better outcome for their cause.

I pray that isn't GF's perspective.

We've seen the Democratic party move left with time.

Heck AOC is helping Biden with his climate policy.

If Trump getting 4 more years is a shorter distance to America embracing progressive policy. I want someone to explain that to me.
Step by step.

And I promise to give that plan a fair shot before laughing at it.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

It's the logical conclusion of his "ideology." If Biden wins, he'd have nothing to talk about. For further chaos to occur, you can't have four years of effective governance.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It's the logical conclusion of his "ideology." If Biden wins, he'd have nothing to talk about. For further chaos to occur, you can't have four years of effective governance.

His "ideology" begins and ends with "(bleep) the Dems" . . . that's it. He doesn't care about progressive policy. He just borrows some hot talking points to attack the Democrats. When it comes down to actual substance, he runs on empty.

As has been pointed out, when it comes to the entirety of the human/social issues that are important to those on the Left, he is silent on most of them and doesn't care how actual people will be affected by attempting to derail the Democrats and thus ensure another 4 years of Trump. No one who is sincerely progressive or far Left who ever conceive of doing that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

President Trump says governors must open places of worship and allow people to gather at them this weekend.

He adds a threat, "If they don't do it, I will override the governors."

There have been many reports that COVID spreads more easily where loud speaking and loud singing takes places, especially in confined indoor spaces. Many cluster outbreaks started at places of worship.

To sum up:
1) He's being a hypocrite with regard to church going because he's not a Christian and doesn't attend church regularly and could care less about anyone's "right" to worship. He doesn't care about anyone's rights period.
2) He's strictly pandering to his evangelical base.
3) He and they are so stupid that more unneeded deaths will like occur as a result.
4) They won't stop supporting him even if it kills them.
5) He will use this as cover to go play golf for the first time in months. Mark my words.

I knew it. Obama would have been crucified for doing this:

Trump is Back Golfing as Americans Continue to be Crushed by Pandemic

I hope he reaps what he sows.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

And since there's always a tweet:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

President Obama has a major meeting on the N.Y.C. Ebola outbreak, with people flying in from all over the country, but decided to play golf!

11:54 PM · Oct 23, 2014·Twitter for Android
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

It is a little bit more difficult to HACK USPS since the mail is physical thought just crossed my mind...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

The "crying all the way to the bank" comment in regards to Rogan perpetuating Trumpian BS . . .

Yep.
It's okay to say I (pretending I'm Surf) liked Rogan when he was endorsing my guy Bernie.
But his most recent comments (A) are unacceptable and (B) show he truly leans right and is pushing their agenda forward.

The veil Joe used to cover his bias is thinning day after day.

It's okay for people to change their opinion of others. Heck I used to like watching Trump on The Apprentice.

The rogan 100 mil deal resulted in Spotify’s market cap going up 3 billion. I doubt they are second guessing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

There’s the old paradigm that the far left and the far right are at opposite ends, but the reality, especially now, is that there are a lot of genX and millenial dude bros who live in that space in between those two groups, and dip into both wells. So they, like rogan, may tell you they are liberals and support Bernie, but they will also display a lot of coded and uncoded racism, homophobia, and misogyny.

They hate democrats because democrats tromp on their privilege and look down on their (bleep) macho DIY self image. They tend to hold views like gays can marry but bakers can deny them service, and think that’s a bold stance on personal freedom. They often call themselves independent and libertarian. They want anything that gets them stuff or allows them to behave any way they like. Moderation and mainstream behavior is weak and hated. Brats really.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
There’s the old paradigm that the far left and the far right are at opposite ends, but the reality, especially now, is that there are a lot of genX and millenial dude bros who live in that space in between those two groups, and dip into both wells. So they, like rogan, may tell you they are liberals and support Bernie, but they will also display a lot of coded and uncoded racism, homophobia, and misogyny.

They hate democrats because democrats tromp on their privilege and look down on their (bleep) macho DIY self image. They tend to hold views like gays can marry but bakers can deny them service, and think that’s a bold stance on personal freedom. They often call themselves independent and libertarian. They want anything that gets them stuff or allows them to behave any way they like. Moderation and mainstream behavior is weak and hated. Brats really.

Used to know a guy just like this. He used to go on and on about libertarian (bleep), and get mad about people “sucking off the government”. During the 2016 election I stopped associating with him at all. Found out awhile later through a mutual friend that he got divorced after he cheated on his wife, bought his mistress a $1000 purse on their credit card, then lied saying the card was stolen and disputed the charge and got it refunded by his CC company. His wife eventually found out and left. What a douchebag.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject:

I do like a good story.

When Utah Teacher Berated Fifth Grader For Having Two Dads, His Female Classmates Put A Stop To It.

Quote:
And so he said, “I’m thankful that I’m finally going to be adopted by my two dads.”

What he got from his mostly Mormon classmates were smiles. One girl patted his back. Another girl said, “Oh, how wonderful.”

But that good feeling was shut down immediately. According to those in his class, the teacher snapped.

“Why on earth would you be happy about that? That’s nothing to be thankful for.”
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jason Hoffman @JasonHoffman93
·
CNN photojournalist @abdallahcnn got a shot of President Trump golfing today. He says the president is moving around the course in a golf cart alone but is golfing with three partners. None of the men are wearing masks.

link
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2253, 2254, 2255 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2254 of 3663
Jump to: