If the season comes back, are we still one of the favorites to win?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I hadn’t heard that but it is puzzling. I like to keep believing that the league is putting safety over profits but it seems that they are determined to have games and are fitting the narrative around that decision.

I'm not going to make any judgments until they announce their actual plans. They still have to work out a deal with the players' union, so anything we hear at this point is highly preliminary.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kikanga wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Some teams just won't test their players. Or they'll fake results.

Hard to imagine that teams will be conducting the tests. The NBA would likely hire a company for that and manage everything in a centralize way. This won't be loosey-goosey, honor system.

Who gets the random test? Teams that don't have their star players randomly tested could have a huge advantage.

The tests won't be random. Every player will be tested everyday. If a player has the virus -- whether a star or a scrub -- he'll be isolated and won't be allowed to play.

Do you understand we are talking about a highly contagious, potentially fatal virus? Do you think the NBA wants a sick player spreading the virus to other players in the bubble? Do you think the players union and other players will want that?

The goal of teams, players and the league will be to keep players as safe as possible.

1st time I've heard the bolded. If that's the case. Sure that works.

That's nearly 400 tests daily. Just on players.

Not counting coaching staffs, trainers, media crew, facility crew, food and hotel workers. I struggle believing that will happen. But hey, what do I know? All we can do is trust Adam Silver.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
We'll still be a favourite, but it's legit going to be anyone's game between the Lakers/Bucks/Clippers. 33% chance each

PG: LeBron - Rondo/Waiters
SG: Avery - KCP/Caruso
SF: Green - Kuzma
PF: AD - Kieff
C: JaVale - Dwight

I still like our chances with this roster

Couldn't have said it any better, so I copied it...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: