Rare Kobe Bryant games on YouTube!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Rare Kobe Bryant games on YouTube!!

During this quarantine I know alot of Laker/Kobe fans have been bored and for years, way before Kobe's passing, I use to search for his rare games. Just saw Kobe's 45 point game vs Warriors from 2002-03 from a youtuber named DomCarter. Lakersground.net family/Kobe fans, subscribe and check out some of rare games. Help his channel grow, he has some Kobe games in store that aren't anywhere else on YouTube.

Kobe 45 points vs Warriors - 11-15-02

Kobe 33 points, 15 rebounds, 12 assists vs Clippers - 11-1-02

Kobe 37 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists vs Clippers - 12-11-04

Kobe 45 points vs Grizzlies - 11-29-02

Kobe 44 points vs Warriors - 4-16-03

Last edited by L.A.T.W on Sun May 31, 2020 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

Sweet, thank you!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

That's great, thanks
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject:

How can a video on a website that is available to billions of people for free be rare?
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:03 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
How can a video on a website that is available to billions of people for free be rare?

Look at the upload date. They probably weren't widely available until the user uploaded them onto his channel. That's why they're rare. As in, they had never been seen on youtube until a couple of weeks ago.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm still in denial.

sigh...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Look at the upload date. They probably weren't widely available until the user uploaded them onto his channel. That's why they're rare. As in, they had never been seen on youtube until a couple of weeks ago.

I had the 12/11/04 game, the KCAL version, up 10 yrs before this new one! Don't trip, only funnin (tho it is true). I had plenty of stuff that hadn't been seen again for 30-40 yrs until I posted recaps of them recently. In that kind of temporal sense, a game can be rare. I don't see Kobe era games as rare by definition, tho there are some titles that have been out there forever and others that are a lot more fresh. If anyone's kareer is well-kovered, it's Kobe's. And certainly anything from a player of Brawn's era is typically quite findable. Otoh, try to find "new" games from the Sedale Era. Much rarer than Kobe era games, but not as coveted. I just put up a game from 81 that had stayed on the shelves for 39 years and I got two anuses who gave me a thumbs down before I got to 20 likes. Youtube viewers are getting weirder and weirder with the things they complain about and they almost always have never uploaded sh themselves. You should see how demanding and anal-retentive some of them are (mostly Gen Yers, imo, who grew up with YT and are used to having everything at the touch of their fintertips). Makes you not even wanna bother. That's my YT lament, Guano.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I had the 12/11/04 game, the KCAL version, up 10 yrs before this new one! Don't trip, only funnin (tho it is true). I had plenty of stuff that hadn't been seen again for 30-40 yrs until I posted recaps of them recently. In that kind of temporal sense, a game can be rare. I don't see Kobe era games as rare by definition, tho there are some titles that have been out there forever and others that are a lot more fresh. If anyone's kareer is well-kovered, it's Kobe's. And certainly anything from a player of Brawn's era is typically quite findable. Otoh, try to find "new" games from the Sedale Era. Much rarer than Kobe era games, but not as coveted. I just put up a game from 81 that had stayed on the shelves for 39 years and I got two anuses who gave me a thumbs down before I got to 20 likes. Youtube viewers are getting weirder and weirder with the things they complain about and they almost always have never uploaded sh themselves. You should see how demanding and anal-retentive some of them are (mostly Gen Yers, imo, who grew up with YT and are used to having everything at the touch of their fintertips). Makes you not even wanna bother. That's my YT lament, Guano.

ur doing the lord's work npz.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 1:47 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

(bleep) them kids, Zealot. You're doing god's work. Don't let those fake internet points get you down. I'm sure there's plenty more people that appreciate the stuff you upload, so please keep doing it. To be honest I rarely like/dislike stuff on social media, especially youtube.
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Sweet, thank you!

No problem!!
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
That's great, thanks

You're welcome!!
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Thanks for the clarity.I know alot of people are very politically correct but yes I meant that they are never before seen on YouTube.If you search for those games anywhere else on youtube, you're not going to find them outside of his 37 vs Clippers.
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I agree NonplayerZealot, at least to an extent. I subscribed to you probably 10 years ago and I can agree that things have changed alot. Great portions of Kobe's career is out there especially in many of your highlights like the Clippers game in 2004-05 but I have been on YouTube since 2006 & never seen the 45 point game vs Warriors or triple double vs Clippers in 2002-03 on here. Maybe I should have said "seldomly seen Kobe YouTube highlights As for the YouTube dislikes, the newer kids are just weird on another level but that's a whole nother topic for another day.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Don't listen to the haters NPZ, you are beloved in Laker Nation for what you do.

I picture you in a room somewhere with stacks of VHS Tapes and multiple TV's running and recording all the time....
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Don't listen to the haters NPZ, you are beloved in Laker Nation for what you do.

I picture you in a room somewhere with stacks of VHS Tapes and multiple TV's running and recording all the time....

Haha. While nude. Yes, just kidding. Thx for your and LATW and Batts' sentiments. I used to have a shelf full of VHSes. I hated tapes and all their issues even in the 90s. Now I got boxes of them on DVD in sleeves and spools. Took over 5 yrs to get most of my stuff just converted to disc and I didn't even get to the last 20-30 tapes, still have a lot on tape from 2003/04 era on those, used to record 3 gms on a 180 tape. There's a number of those gms that would be loved on YT if not Wilkes/Nixon era. Maybe that's my next pandemic shut-in project.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Here's the kind of game from Kobe era I would consider fresh if not rare. I don't even know how I came to save this one as it was a trashing of the utterly turrible Hawks, but I might've accidentally not have taped a newer game over it. I was like most people in that still-VHS era (DVD-RWs weren't solid til 2005 at the earliest). I re-taped over games for years because I had to, which saddens me some of the ones I've purposely lost, especially from 1990/91. Fewer people VHS recorded games even in the early 2000s than they now burn from their HD onto dvds if they do that at all. That's gotta be a fact, VHSes were cumbersome to everyone who ever used one. A lot of Kobe's kareer took place in that era, so there actually are a lot of gms from various years that are legit rare.

I did this one and said it wasn't the best game you ever saw, but I remember a few Kobeheads who were more than happy to watch it again.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: