The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1417, 1418, 1419 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Ugh, watching this HS Grad special on the tube, appears LBJ lost a lot of muscle definition however is sporting a killer Harden beard. Hope he can recover those guns in time when/if the season resumes.

You haven’t been keeping up with him on IG. He’s looks ripped
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Ugh, watching this HS Grad special on the tube, appears LBJ lost a lot of muscle definition however is sporting a killer Harden beard. Hope he can recover those guns in time when/if the season resumes.

You haven’t been keeping up with him on IG. He’s looks ripped

Nope I haven't ans that's a relief to see.

1978-2020
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Anyone knows if he's defensive stats is good enough this year to finish in one of the all defensive teams?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/stadium/status/1263507168298438656?s=21

The difference between 1st year Laker Lebron and 2nd year Laker Lebron is significant.

All those washed king comments have fueled this dude to possessed levels.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lebron_wire/status/1266823257455390720?s=21
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Anyone knows if he's defensive stats is good enough this year to finish in one of the all defensive teams?

Davis will make first-team all-defensive. Lebron doesn't have a chance to make the defense team. He will be first-team all-NBA, though.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject:

If we somehow win it all. What do you guys think about Lebron having 2 of his 4 chips having asterisks? Remember 2012 was a 66 game season after the lock-out. I don't even think things will get back to normal for 2021 either. On the other hand, if the Lakers can galvanized LA during these times, maybe it helps his legacy.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
If we somehow win it all. What do you guys think about Lebron having 2 of his 4 chips having asterisks? Remember 2012 was a 66 game season after the lock-out. I don't even think things will get back to normal for 2021 either. On the other hand, if the Lakers can galvanized LA during these times, maybe it helps his legacy.

No asterisks for either. He didn’t play with some unfair advantage that only he benefitted from. Every team had to deal with the change in schedule not only his.

The 2015 warriors and 2019 raptors are more asterisks to me than anything. Starting players were missing on opposing teams which greatly increased the chances of those teams Winning...which they did.

Even with that...injuries are part of the game.

Every remaining team has a chance to win. It’s up to our Lakers to make the most of it no excuses if we win or lose. Same goes for every team
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Hot take: The proposed return to play plan gives LeBron a legit shot at MVP.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

A ring is a ring is a ring.

Anyone who puts an asterisk on Lebron's 2012 rings as a way to diminish it would find some other way to diminish his accomplishments. No one else cares.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:10 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
No asterisks for either. He didn’t play with some unfair advantage that only he benefitted from. Every team had to deal with the change in schedule not only his.

This x1000
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

Lebron talks = “Shut up and dribble.”

Drew Brees talks = “He allowed to have an opinion.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1268551040074383361
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

As long as the league stays away from some of the HCA nonsense, this won’t be an * season in my opinion.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Hot take: The proposed return to play plan gives LeBron a legit shot at MVP.

How much might 8 games change the minds of those who favored Giannis? If anything, with his injury before play was halted, it might favor Giannis.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Before play stopped it was Giannis by an easy margin. IMO James just being in the conversation was an incredible achievement this season

But the voters are likely to be swayed by James’ social justice leadership points.

James wins MVP.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I didn't even remember the shortened 2012 season so no asterisk there for me. Whoever wins this ring must overcome the strangest season ever with Covid19 situation, which is going to take a lot of poise and resiliency. It'll be an odd ring season for sure but that doesn't mean it is asterisky for me at all. If Lebron gets a ring most likely leading this team in these next games, that's a mammoth effort for his age to stop and restart playing and come out on top. That goes for anybody in my opinion though, regardless of age or team situation.

I do think a lot of weirdness might happen. Upsets or some low rank team getting hot. I just see the possibility that some top teams might just not get kicked into gear because of the awkwardness of this whole situation in every way, including how it affect player/coaches/etc lives with their families, dealing with things. I hope our leaders and organization can weather the bizarreness to keep eyes on the goal, maintain unity and focus, and just get it. I think it's easy to underestimate how the strangeness of this time will affect play when it resumes. For us, I hope KCP and especially Bradley, Dwight and Kuz will maintain their seemingly improved levels and consistency at those levels by 4-5 games in.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

This x1000

So why does Duncan’s 1999 ring get an asterisk from many here?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
I didn't even remember the shortened 2012 season so no asterisk there for me. Whoever wins this ring must overcome the strangest season ever with Covid19 situation, which is going to take a lot of poise and resiliency. It'll be an odd ring season for sure but that doesn't mean it is asterisky for me at all. If Lebron gets a ring most likely leading this team in these next games, that's a mammoth effort for his age to stop and restart playing and come out on top. That goes for anybody in my opinion though, regardless of age or team situation.

I do think a lot of weirdness might happen. Upsets or some low rank team getting hot. I just see the possibility that some top teams might just not get kicked into gear because of the awkwardness of this whole situation in every way, including how it affect player/coaches/etc lives with their families, dealing with things. I hope our leaders and organization can weather the bizarreness to keep eyes on the goal, maintain unity and focus, and just get it. I think it's easy to underestimate how the strangeness of this time will affect play when it resumes. For us, I hope KCP and especially Bradley, Dwight and Kuz will maintain their seemingly improved levels and consistency at those levels by 4-5 games in.

That 2012 season wasn’t *that* weird. 66 games as opposed to 50 in 1999.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:13 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
danzag wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

This x1000

YEP.

Guarantee you if the Clippers or Celtics win it all this year so many people will do an about face and label it an * ring.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:07 am    Post subject:

I would only consider this a * ring if a team that was obviously not to win would get it as for example the Pacer, the Nets or the Rockets.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject:

This restart can be seen as an advantage for the Lakers as we all know Lebron's been staying in tip top shape during the lockdown. Another positive is much needed rest for Lebron. I know everyone gets the same rest but Lebron needed it more considering how hard he was playing before. This is so perfect. I'm hoping there's no second wave bs to cause another lockdown so we could win it all this year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Before play stopped it was Giannis by an easy margin. IMO James just being in the conversation was an incredible achievement this season

But the voters are likely to be swayed by James’ social justice leadership points.

James wins MVP.

If that is the reason then the award is meaningless
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
danzag wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

This x1000

Insecurity
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
I would only consider this a * ring if a team that was obviously not to win would get it as for example the Pacer, the Nets or the Rockets.

If the can win then they are the champs. I would only consider an * if they follow through on some of those stupid HCA ideas.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

James wins MVP.

This is a highly unusual season, but I can't think of any occasion where MVP voters were clearly influenced by a player's conduct off the court.

And there is an award for "outstanding service and dedication to the community," so it's not like there is no way to honor off the court stuff.

So my guess is Giannis will win MVP, unless James and the Lakers outplay Giannis and the Bucks in a dramatic way when the regular season resumes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1417, 1418, 1419 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1418 of 2079
Jump to: