OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4595, 4596, 4597 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

I don't see JR Smith here next season, unless we don't resign Dudley or he retires, which I think is possible that Dudley hangs it up.

Dragic or Clarkson I think is a pretty intriguing idea for next year.

If Howard wants back here next year, we find a way to make it happen. If its between Howard and McGee, we'll take Howard.

I was not happy with Danny Green's play in the season up till now. I think if he doesn't play better we find a way to move him in the offseason. Even if it means LBJ has to play more defense if we lose DG.

Adam Silver will find a way to keep the players happy, will take this year as an outlier and not base salary cap on this years revenues.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

Question: Does anybody know when players that have player options or un guaranteed can be traded?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Question: Does anybody know when players that have player options or un guaranteed can be traded?

The trade deadline has passed for this season. Non-playoff teams can make trades when the regular season ends. Playoff teams can make trades as soon as they are eliminated from the playoffs.

Typically, players with options have to make their decision by the end of June. Not sure if that will change this year.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:

The trade deadline has passed for this season. Non-playoff teams can make trades when the regular season ends. Playoff teams can make trades as soon as they are eliminated from the playoffs.

Typically, players with options have to make their decision by the end of June. Not sure if that will change this year.
I am aware that the deadline has passed this season but, I was talking about the offseason.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:

I am aware that the deadline has passed this season but, I was talking about the offseason.

Players and teams have to make a decision on their options before the trade period. At that point, the player will either be a free agent or on an expiring contract. So, yes, you can trade a player immediately after he opts into the final year of his contract. The option is completely moot at that point in terms of trades.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I don't see JR Smith here next season, unless we don't resign Dudley or he retires, which I think is possible that Dudley hangs it up.

Dragic or Clarkson I think is a pretty intriguing idea for next year.

If Howard wants back here next year, we find a way to make it happen. If its between Howard and McGee, we'll take Howard.

I was not happy with Danny Green's play in the season up till now. I think if he doesn't play better we find a way to move him in the offseason. Even if it means LBJ has to play more defense if we lose DG.

Adam Silver will find a way to keep the players happy, will take this year as an outlier and not base salary cap on this years revenues.

It isn’t Silver’s change to make, that will be up to the players and owners if they want to change the CBA (like they agreed to the cap jump in 2016). BRI will be down which lowers the salary cap. They can take a one year adjustment like in 2016, or they can smooth the drop over several seasons.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:
activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Players and teams have to make a decision on their options before the trade period. At that point, the player will either be a free agent or on an expiring contract. So, yes, you can trade a player immediately after he opts into the final year of his contract. The option is completely moot at that point in terms of trades.
Cool, it seems with the cap going up that most of the free agents will likely pick up their options. I think Quin Cook's 2020-2021 three million dollar contract becomes guaranteed some time this month. How does that work? Are they going to change the date or is their a chance they could cut him? Just would be a bit odd to do that in the playoff run, but then again theres a lot that is a bit odd these days.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think that they have given a date when free agency begins, players would have to decide on their options before the. I would guess that the Laker players with options would opt in. I doubt that there are big paydays in the offseason.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I don’t think that they have given a date when free agency begins, players would have to decide on their options before the. I would guess that the Laker players with options would opt in. I doubt that there are big paydays in the offseason.
I was thinking the same thing. We could use them as trade chips and/or wait until the next post season for Giannis.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

October 18...3 days after the draft.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:
activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Cool, it seems with the cap going up that most of the free agents will likely pick up their options. I think Quin Cook's 2020-2021 three million dollar contract becomes guaranteed some time this month. How does that work? Are they going to change the date or is their a chance they could cut him? Just would be a bit odd to do that in the playoff run, but then again theres a lot that is a bit odd these days.

My guess is they will change the dates for everything until after the season. If they don't, the Lakers probably would decline his option, but that doesn't mean they would cut him this season.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
Say we had a choice between these 3 guys for DG, Kuzma, 1st, and salary filler if needed (cook, THT), who would you rather have?

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

I think all are likely not going to happen and Jrue is the furthest one.

I would go with Jrue b/c of defensive versatility

My issue with Lavine or Hield is that they are both negative defenders and now we have given up all our assets and most of our tradable salary to also get a 3 and d wing

Say we were to get Hield, we now have like no wing or guard defenders to throw at people besides KCP (too small for larger guys) and Lebron and AD (they need a guy to do the dirty work on defense)

What 3 and d guys are even possibly available? Oubre?
I would go with Lavine 1st. Why?

1. He is a very good three point shooter.

2. He is a very good shot creator.

3. He is a legit third scorer.

4. He is still young.

5. You could play the 1 or 2.

6. He has a bargain contract of 19.5 million per year for 2 more years after this one.

I would offer whatever it takes besides Lebron or Davis for him. That being said, i don't see why Chicago would do it.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Say we had a choice between these 3 guys for DG, Kuzma, 1st, and salary filler if needed (cook, THT), who would you rather have?

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

My issue with Lavine or Hield is that they are both negative defenders and now we have given up all our assets and most of our tradable salary to also get a 3 and d wing

Say we were to get Hield, we now have like no wing or guard defenders to throw at people besides KCP (too small for larger guys) and Lebron and AD (they need a guy to do the dirty work on defense)

4. He is still young.

6. He has a bargain contract of 19.5 million per year for 2 more years after this one.

I would offer whatever it takes besides Lebron or Davis for him. That being said, i don't see why Chicago would do it.

Agreed, being a UCLA kid he may extend too, just has to stay healthy.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
scoobs wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Lavine, Hield, Jrue

4. He is still young.

Agreed, being a UCLA kid he may extend too, just has to stay healthy.
Again, not sure why his name has been popping up in rumors. Is he unhappy? We would likely have to include a third team i think, because the Bulls probably don't have much use for Kuzma. They probably would prefer a draft pick.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Only way we get LaVine is if he comes out and publicly demands a trade to the Lakers.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Don't think we have the parts for LaVine.

Realistic trade targets would be Dinwiddie/D.Rose and possibly A.Gordon or Van Vleet/Gallo,Millsap,Ibaka on the sign and trade market.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Realistic trade targets would be Dinwiddie/D.Rose and possibly A.Gordon or Van Vleet/Gallo,Millsap,Ibaka on the sign and trade market.
Van Vleet is the only one that would improve our perimeter shooting. He would fit really well. We could try to get him via sign and trade? Kuzma, Caruso and Green for Van Vleet?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Trade Idea:

Lakers get: Patty Mills and 11th pick

Spurs get: Kuzma, Caruso and McGee

Why for Lakers?

We get sweet shooting point guard that would fit well with Lebron in the first unit. We also get 11th pick, which could be a valuable trade chip in a bigger trade.

Why for Spurs?

Pop loves Kuzma and Caruso seems like the type of player that Pop would like. Hes kind of a poor mans Manu. Caruso is also from Texas. McGee gives them a starting caliber center.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Van Vleet is the only one that would improve our perimeter shooting. He would fit really well. We could try to get him via sign and trade? Kuzma, Caruso and Green for Van Vleet?

He’s an UFA. I wouldn’t give up that much since he would have leverage. I would only offer exp k+1st (McGee/Bradley/Cook)

By the way Gallo/Millsap/Ibaka are all outside threats. Especially Gallo
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

LOL that much for a ufa

Smh
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

I like Gordon but where does he fit? Maybe draymond role and play small ball center
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
scoobs wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

He’s an UFA. I wouldn’t give up that much since he would have leverage. I would only offer exp k+1st (McGee/Bradley/Cook)

You are correct. But, doesn't Gallo play the same position as Lebron? Ibaka or Milsap as a stretch 5?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
scoobs wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

You are correct. But, doesn't Gallo play the same position as Lebron? Ibaka or Milsap as a stretch 5?

Yes but LBJ is going to need more rest at 36 next year...and Ibaka and Milsap can play the stretch like you said...either options work.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:
activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:

The cap will probably go down, not up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
scoobs wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

LOL that much for a ufa

Smh

Still nowhere near enough
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4595, 4596, 4597 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4596 of 8560
Jump to: