NBA Season COVID-19 Thread (**No politics or racial/ethnic remarks or personal insults**)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Nets went from 750-1 to 65-1 in anticipation that KD could play.

As much as I hate to say it, Boston at 16/1 is worth putting some cash on.

Even before the stoppage, I had Boston representing the East. They are deep and they can throw multiple looks at Giannis or Embiid.

I don’t trust the Bucks and Celtics seem to own the Sixers.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Even before the stoppage, I had Boston representing the East. They are deep and they can throw multiple looks at Giannis or Embiid.

I can’t see them beating the Bucks.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I hope you are right because the last thing I want to see is the (bleep) Celtics 4 games away from another chip. We need to catch their ass and then pass them.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

The good thing about the Celtics is that all there young guys have experience of going deep into the playoffs, the odds are they are likely gonna get bounced at some point again but they are awfully close to contending for the eastern crown for years to come.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I hope you are right because the last thing I want to see is the (bleep) Celtics 4 games away from another chip. We need to catch their ass and then pass them.

If Giannis has been staying in shape I think the Bucks are going to be tough to beat once they've played a few games again. Then again, I'll say the same for LeBron and AD.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

If Giannis has been staying in shape I think the Bucks are going to be tough to beat once they've played a few games again. Then again, I'll say the same for LeBron and AD.

Horford ain’t there to slow Greek anymore.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

One of the final sticking points seems to be how restrictive the “bubble” will be. Some of the players are under the assumption that they will be allowed to come and go as they please. They feel that being forced to stay in Orlando is like being imprisoned. The NBA needs to be careful, their actions could affect how we end up living our lives.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Dunk Bait wrote:

"A couple guys from the Lakers and the Clippers ... there are some whispers about some teams not being comfortable. Some guys want to play and some don't want to play."

@Matt_Barnes22 on players wanting injustices in the black community addressed before basketball resumes.

https://twitter.com/DunkBait/status/1269724592462901248/video/1
Jun 7, 2020ReplyRetweetFavorite
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Dunk Bait wrote:

"A couple guys from the Lakers and the Clippers ... there are some whispers about some teams not being comfortable. Some guys want to play and some don't want to play."

@Matt_Barnes22 on players wanting injustices in the black community addressed before basketball resumes.

I can understand players being indecisive and torn on re-starting the season for a variety of reasons. But what exactly can be “addressed” in the next month? And addressed by whom?

We can likely agree change is long overdue but what that change actually is and looks like in a practical manner is going to be a long drawn out battle of reforms. Sweeping changes next week isn’t happening. Those thinking that is possible are delusional.

Current steps in the right direction are incredible but this is going to be an ongoing battle of going too slow for some and too fast for others. Somehow finding solutions by compromise is something we Americans have lost the ability to accomplish and in some instances even attempt.

Players have to follow their conscience. Hope that means the season can resume. As a fan I want the distraction. I would be disappointed but understand if they chose not to participate due to protest or health concerns.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8388823/Arthritis-drug-reduced-risks-dying-coronavirus-nearly-half-small-study.html

Half of 154 coronavirus patients on ventilators received doses of tocilizumab, a drug used to treat rheumatoid arthritis
Patients given the drug were 45 percent less likely to die than those who hadn't
Researchers believe it mitigates cytokine storms, which occur when the body doesn't just fight off the virus but also attacks its own cells and tissues
Pharmaceutical company Roche, which sells tocilizumab under the brand name Actemra, want to combine it with remdesivir for a 'treatment cocktail'

Tocilizumab, sold under the brand names RoAcemtra and Actemra, is a medication with anti-inflammatory properties that scientists believe can control the immune system's overreaction to the virus.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EaADgjWWoAI8u0N?format=jpg&name=900x900
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dunk Bait wrote:

I can understand players being indecisive and torn on re-starting the season for a variety of reasons. But what exactly can be “addressed” in the next month? And addressed by whom?

Pointless to try to analyze this based on a tweet.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dunk Bait wrote:

We can likely agree change is long overdue but what that change actually is and looks like in a practical manner is going to be a long drawn out battle of reforms. Sweeping changes next week isn’t happening. Those thinking that is possible are delusional.

Current steps in the right direction are incredible but this is going to be an ongoing battle of going too slow for some and too fast for others. Somehow finding solutions by compromise is something we Americans have lost the ability to accomplish and in some instances even attempt.

Players have to follow their conscience. Hope that means the season can resume. As a fan I want the distraction. I would be disappointed but understand if they chose not to participate due to protest or health concerns.

This is a bad idea IMO, but I'm going to let it play out before I give my full opinion. Our society today seems to always run to that ridiculous term "hater" every time they hear something they don't like.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8388823/Arthritis-drug-reduced-risks-dying-coronavirus-nearly-half-small-study.html

Half of 154 coronavirus patients on ventilators received doses of tocilizumab, a drug used to treat rheumatoid arthritis
Patients given the drug were 45 percent less likely to die than those who hadn't
Researchers believe it mitigates cytokine storms, which occur when the body doesn't just fight off the virus but also attacks its own cells and tissues
Pharmaceutical company Roche, which sells tocilizumab under the brand name Actemra, want to combine it with remdesivir for a 'treatment cocktail'

Tocilizumab, sold under the brand names RoAcemtra and Actemra, is a medication with anti-inflammatory properties that scientists believe can control the immune system's overreaction to the virus.
Thanks Cal1, very good to see this result.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

Thanks Cal1, very good to see this result.

you are welcome
we await the results of the cocktail with remdesivir with actemra or other inflammation blockers.
lets hope it is better than 50%
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Dunk Bait wrote:

Both the Clippers and the Lakers face the same problem, and that is their window is about 1 or 2 years max. The Clippers are an old team and the Lakers are an old team. So they both want to push forward this year while the window is wide open.

I can see at both clubs players who want to be a bit more cautious kinda being over-ridden because both clubs need everyone 100% going at it once everything resumes.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dunk Bait wrote:

Both the Clippers and the Lakers face the same problem, and that is their window is about 1 or 2 years max. The Clippers are an old team and the Lakers are an old team. So they both want to push forward this year while the window is wide open.

I can see at both clubs players who want to be a bit more cautious kinda being over-ridden because both clubs need everyone 100% going at it once everything resumes.

Don't see how the Clippers are an old team. Leonard is 28, Paul George is 29, Landry Shamet is 22. The only older player they have on their roster is Lou Williams, who is 33. If they keep everyone together, I don't see why they couldn't have a strong five-year run.

With us, the wild card is Lebron. Who knows how his motor will go? He still might have 5 strong years in him for all we know.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
drae wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dunk Bait wrote:

Don't see how the Clippers are an old team. Leonard is 28, Paul George is 29, Landry Shamet is 22. The only older player they have on their roster is Lou Williams, who is 33. If they keep everyone together, I don't see why they couldn't have a strong five-year run.

With us, the wild card is Lebron. Who knows how his motor will go? He still might have 5 strong years in him for all we know.

Paul George is 30, Patrick Beverley is 31 (32 next month), Lou Williams is 33, and Kawhi is 29 in a couple of weeks and has an old knee.

The only good young player they have is Shamet and Montrez Harrel is going to get paid next year.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
activeverb wrote:
drae wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dunk Bait wrote:

Paul George is 30, Patrick Beverley is 31 (32 next month), Lou Williams is 33, and Kawhi is 29 in a couple of weeks and has an old knee.

The only good young player they have is Shamet and Montrez Harrel is going to get paid next year.

Kawhi is an OLD asf 29 too, every year from now on with him is going to be a "wait and see how he looks by playoff time" thing. Then George has had some serious injuries in his career along with several surgeries (including 2 just this last off season) and that starts catching up to you real quick when you get in your 30's. Like drae said, Harrel is gone at seasons end imo and is going to get a fat pay day somewhere. They do have Shamet but it's not like he's going to carry them himself in a few years

I see the Clippers and Lakers windows both about 1-2 years as well except one of our super stars is just reaching his prime but it's still a huge question mark with Lebron obviously.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

Shams wrote:

• The NBPA’s leadership stated it is believed no fans will be permitted into games for the entire 2020-21 season.

Koreans filled the stands with stuffed animals.

https://korea.stripes.com/sites/default/files/styles/community_site_carousel_750x500/public/article-images/0604_spotv_cute1.jpg
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
activeverb wrote:
drae wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dunk Bait wrote:

Yeah, I guess George had his birthday last month.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:

I see the Clippers and Lakers windows both about 1-2 years as well except one of our super stars is just reaching his prime but it's still a huge question mark with Lebron obviously.

Seems like things can change so quickly these days, I'm not sure it even makes sense to think in terms of windows.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:

Seems like things can change so quickly these days, I'm not sure it even makes sense to think in terms of windows.

Agree 100%. Endless possibilities that could happen and change things instantly in any direction especially regarding both the Clippers and Lakers.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dunk Bait wrote:

The Lakers aren't an old team. The only rotation players we have who are up there in age are LeBron, Rondo and Howard. Howard and Rondo may be replaceable, and LeBron doesn't look the least bit old.

If his supporting cast stays strong, our window will stay open until LeBron is no longer an elite player. Who knows when that will happen?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy, before this post gets sidetracked, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time in keeping us updated on the virus.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 102 of 130
Jump to: