10 years ago to this day was our last championship.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: 10 years ago to this day was our last championship.

Wow. Feels like yesterday...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Funny, I just finished watching highlights. Had no idea today was the 10th Anniversary. That team had so much heart. And so does this one.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject:

It was also the 26th anniv of the OJ Bronco ride to freedom so he could find the ACTUAL killers. He's still on that journey. We should all assist him in his investigative work by funding his efforts.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
It was also the 26th anniv of the OJ Bronco ride to freedom so he could find the ACTUAL killers. He's still on that journey. We should all assist him in his investigative work by funding his efforts.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: 10 years ago to this day was our last championship.

CandyCanes wrote:
Wow. Feels like yesterday...

Seems like another lifetime ago to me.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject:

It was a good year. The Saints won the Super Bowl, Lakers won the NBA title and I got a second lease on life.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It was a good year. The Saints won the Super Bowl, Lakers won the NBA title and I got a second lease on life.

Glad things worked out for you VLF.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

That’s what’s up

I have watched those last 11.7 seconds of that game so many times it is forever engrained into my memory
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

Still not sure how I lived thru Game 7... without doubt the most stressful game I ever saw. When it ended I yelled for joy and fell on the floor, where I remained for several minutes with a stupid smile on my face. But I couldn’t move lol
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Still not sure how I lived thru Game 7... without doubt the most stressful game I ever saw. When it ended I yelled for joy and fell on the floor, where I remained for several minutes with a stupid smile on my face. But I couldn’t move lol

Imagine how different the narrative would have been had they won. It would have been that the Celtics would have three-peated if not for Garnett's injury in 2009 and that the 2009 Lakers championship was therefore a fluke.

Instead, we get to remember the Celtics big three-- the only superteam of the 2000s in which all members were in their prime at the time-- as a team which only won one ring.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Artest for 3!!!!!
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Artest for 3!!!!!

i forgot, did the Laker hater Mike Breen yell "Bang!!!" after Artest made that 3? i honestly don't remember, but i wouldn't be surprised he didn't.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
danzag wrote:
Artest for 3!!!!!

i forgot, did the Laker hater Mike Breen yell "Bang!!!" after Artest made that 3? i honestly don't remember, but i wouldn't be surprised he didn't.

MWP got a loud Breen “BANG!”

CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

You could see MWP think about it and start squaring up...and I’m sure all of Laker Nation went “No, no, NO!!!...YYYEEESSSSSSSS!!!”

One of the all time great moments in Lakers history.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Imagine how different the narrative would have been had they won. It would have been that the Celtics would have three-peated if not for Garnett's injury in 2009 and that the 2009 Lakers championship was therefore a fluke.

Instead, we get to remember the Celtics big three-- the only superteam of the 2000s in which all members were in their prime at the time-- as a team which only won one ring.

Indeed indeed. Gotta love it!
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

And speaking of MWP, one of the most important moments of the series...maybe THE most important...occurred I believe on the first possession of Game 1...shot goes up and MWP gets position for the rebound...Paul Pierce, who punked us in ‘08, runs in and straight onto the back of MWP, who proceeds to simply lift Pierce up with his back and legs and body slams his a$$ to the hardwood.

Almost as if to say “this ain’t 2008 anymore!”
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

That Ron Ron 3 was everything. Watching his documentary on showtime, Odom said he was thinking he was going to swing that ball to him in the corner(looking at the play Odom had some space if it did come his way). He said ‘I was ready to shoot that (bleep).’ Lol
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
And speaking of MWP, one of the most important moments of the series...maybe THE most important...occurred I believe on the first possession of Game 1...shot goes up and MWP gets position for the rebound...Paul Pierce, who punked us in ‘08, runs in and straight onto the back of MWP, who proceeds to simply lift Pierce up with his back and legs and body slams his a$$ to the hardwood.

Man that set the tone for that series. He had his frustrating moments as a Laker but dude wasn’t going to be punked by anyone.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:

Artest once tried to yank PP's shorts down on D when Ron was a Pacer. A very creative defender. He only got em down halfway and at an angle.

SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

did you see his interview on Who is America? holy cow. baron cohen is crazy.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
That Ron Ron 3 was everything. Watching his documentary on showtime, Odom said he was thinking he was going to swing that ball to him in the corner(looking at the play Odom had some space if it did come his way). He said ‘I was ready to shoot that (bleep).’ Lol

He also saved the Lakers in one of the OKC games.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

He also saved the Lakers in one of the OKC games.

And game 5 against the Suns with his buzzer beater, but it was his fault we were in that position to begin with.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
You could see MWP think about it and start squaring up...and I’m sure all of Laker Nation went “No, no, NO!!!...YYYEEESSSSSSSS!!!”

That was my exact reaction
VanderBlue'sJersey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:

That is literally how it happened inside Staples. I heard so many "NOOOOOO!" before we all went crazy when the ball went in.

When Sasha stepped up for his free throws, I had to sit down I was that nervous (and I'm sure my bp was near 200/175). The crowd let me know he made the first one..

Still the most amazing sporting event I've been to. Nothing can ever beat being there watching your team win the championship, in a game 7, at the end, over the biggest rival.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Artest once tried to yank PP's shorts down on D when Ron was a Pacer. A very creative defender. He only got em down halfway and at an angle.

That’s Metta Sandiford-Artest to you.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: