10 years ago to this day was our last championship.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
And speaking of MWP, one of the most important moments of the series...maybe THE most important...occurred I believe on the first possession of Game 1...shot goes up and MWP gets position for the rebound...Paul Pierce, who punked us in ‘08, runs in and straight onto the back of MWP, who proceeds to simply lift Pierce up with his back and legs and body slams his a$$ to the hardwood.

Almost as if to say “this ain’t 2008 anymore!”

This

Artest provided us a much needed physical presence
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
And speaking of MWP, one of the most important moments of the series...maybe THE most important...occurred I believe on the first possession of Game 1...shot goes up and MWP gets position for the rebound...Paul Pierce, who punked us in ‘08, runs in and straight onto the back of MWP, who proceeds to simply lift Pierce up with his back and legs and body slams his a$$ to the hardwood.

Artest once tried to yank PP's shorts down on D when Ron was a Pacer. A very creative defender. He only got em down halfway and at an angle.

Creative indeed!
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:51 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Artest once tried to yank PP's shorts down on D when Ron was a Pacer. A very creative defender. He only got em down halfway and at an angle.

Creative indeed!
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

Oh man, remember it like it was yesterday.

My band had a gig that night in Santa Monica (game 7 of all nights!) so I was watching at the bar we were due to play stressing like crazy as we were down most of the game. There was a Celtics fan a few seats down from me hooting and hollering, peaking when the Celtics went up 15.

I remember us slowly chipping away and remember he started getting really hot at some foul call he thought was bogus. Now I like interacting with people, even dudes on the opposite side so I say to him, 'c'mon man, he got all arm there'...nothing confrontational at all. He didn't take too kindly to that telling me to go f myself along with many more expletives.

Anyway, we end up winning, and the bar, by this point is packed and friends have shown up by this time and we're all standing chit chatting and such when someone bumps into me pretty hard, knocking me off my spot. I look and it was Celtic dude on his way to the bathroom. My friends look at me like, 'what was that about?' I was like, 'meh, it's a crowded bar, he's drank a lot, probably misjudged space and bumped into me'. No harm done as far as I was concerned. Cut to 5 minutes later, boom, dude bumps into me harder on his way back from the bathroom, this time we make eye contact and he's sneering at me.

I go to approach him with my friends begging not to. I wasn't going to fight the guy, was just going to see what his problem was. Needless to say he's belligerent and such hurling f bomb after f bomb. Then our drummers wife tells him to calm down as it's just a game and then he starts insulting her and then a mutual friend (who's a trained fighter), takes off his glasses and just decks the guy with one quick punch. He ended up getting kicked out, of course, for hitting a guy in the club. The funniest part was our drummer was his ride so he had to sit in the car for the duration of our show...

And I'll never forget playing our gig buzzed off of many beers and also winning the title. I'll never forget peeking at the tv screens in the bar watching LA celebrate winning #16.

Can't believe it's been 10 years already.
10,000 Hours
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Rona or not, we need another! Long time comin
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: