OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4600, 4601, 4602 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject:

324233 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
324233 wrote:
Thoughts on Talen Horton-Tucker?

I've been keeping a close eye on his progress in the G League prior to the suspension of play. For a 19 y/o, he looked very advanced. I think he could have been contributing for us this year save for the injuries that delayed him to start his career.

I'm hoping that we don't include him in a trade package. I think he could bring a lot to us next year although our lack of assets certainly puts his Lakers future at risk. I feel like the front office in general has been too quick to move our young assets for pennies on the dollar in some cases.
I think he is a future star. He was a great find by the Lakers scouts. First off, his EXTREMELY RARE combination of long arms and big hand size is something that you usually see on a star player, such as Kahwii Leonard for example. If Shannon Brown only had a 7-1 wing span.. Like Kahwii, THT isn't a great leaper, per say, but his measurables would help him with different things such as playing defense, dunking, etc. And unlike athleticism, measurables don't go away over time. THT knows how to use his bulk to score in traffic. This would help him to get to the FT line at a high rate. Look at the greatest players to ever play the game; you will see that they usually have a free throw rate. Also, look at how great players such Barkley and LBJ use their considerable bulk to intimidate defenders. I think THT could really excel in this area, but ideally, he would have shooters around him, much like LBJ. All that, based on his physical profile. I didn't even mention yet that he has already shown some very good skills at a young age. I'm tired of typing already, but you probably get what i'm trying to explain. Before all this happened, I was already saying that the Lakers should call up THT and see what he could do.

Thanks. Your thoughts pretty much sum up how I feel about him. I'd hate to see him included as a "throw-in" in an off-season trade. He might not pan out, but he could actually be pretty special.

So no Boogie this post-season. Anybody think Cacok could potentially provide some quality minutes in Orlando?
I agree. However, if other teams have decent scouting, they may also recognize the value of THC. This could enable us to get a very good player in return.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Free agent David Nwaba has agreed to a two-year deal with the Houston Rockets, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Free agent David Nwaba has agreed to a two-year deal with the Houston Rockets, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

The Houston Small Ball Wing Defenders.

I’m hoping the Lakers avoid them. It’s a chaos type matchup, with less time to prepare and a rested Harden/Westbrook combo.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Isaiah Hartenstein has been waived by the Houston Rockets, a source told @TheAthletic. His 20-21 contract would have been guaranteed by 10/17
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

I’m hoping the Lakers avoid them. It’s a chaos type matchup, with less time to prepare and a rested Harden/Westbrook combo.

Keep in mind that he tore his Achilles earlier this year, so this is a play by the Rockets to have him next season.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject:

324233 wrote:
Anybody think Cacok could potentially provide some quality minutes in Orlando?

Seems unlikely. The Lakers are deep with veterans. Hard to imagine they'll give important (if any) minutes to a 23-year-old rookie with zero NBA experience unless the whole team comes down sick.

He's a "break glass in case of emergency" player.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
324233 wrote:

Seems unlikely. The Lakers are deep with veterans. Hard to imagine they'll give important (if any) minutes to a 23-year-old rookie with zero NBA experience unless the whole team comes down sick.

I bet he gets some run in the final 8 games. He had a really nice g-league season and it would be smart to get him some NBA minutes.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Keep in mind that he tore his Achilles earlier this year, so this is a play by the Rockets to have him next season.

Good catch. I completely forgot he had season ending achilles tear.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1275914131975966722?s=21

Let’s see what happens (if anything) to the Ballmer Kawhis. This is why it’s laughable that the Lakers “secret” workouts came out. As if the clippers aren’t doing the same thing on Ballmer’s tab.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the reminder @ChickenStu I'd forgotten about Nwaba's injury as well.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
activeverb wrote:
324233 wrote:

I bet he gets some run in the final 8 games. He had a really nice g-league season and it would be smart to get him some NBA minutes.

The kids size/strength/motor are off the charts. He belongs with the big boys just with his D alone. I can also seem him getting some garbage points as well.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Trae Young and Omar Wilkes are incredibly close. Omar calls Trae his “little brother” and he’s very tight with everyone in Trae’s family, including his young brother Timothy. I would be very surprised if Trae ended up signing anywhere other than Klutch.

https://twitter.com/chriskirschner/status/1276219835765178370?s=21
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
activeverb wrote:
324233 wrote:

I doubt that developing a rookie is high on the Lakers priorities right now, but we'll see.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Trae Young and Omar Wilkes are incredibly close. Omar calls Trae his “little brother” and he’s very tight with everyone in Trae’s family, including his young brother Timothy. I would be very surprised if Trae ended up signing anywhere other than Klutch.

Being in the Klutch business is not a bad thing. Sad to say, but it's more fruitful than the Buss business.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Being in the Klutch business is not a bad thing. Sad to say, but it's more fruitful than the Buss business.

For sure. Ever since the signing of KCP, ownership handed the keys to Klutch.

I give Jeanie and the ownership group credit, because Ballmer can easily squash them financially, so to even the playing field, enter Klutch operating the team.

As long as the Lakers stay mom and pop shop, it’s going to rely heavily on Rich Paul and Klutch steering clients to the Lakers.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

future welcome to the lakers Trae!!!
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Edit:

Let’s see what happens (if anything) to the Ballmer Kawhis. This is why it’s laughable that the Lakers “secret” workouts came out. As if the clippers aren’t doing the same thing on Ballmer’s tab.

I see he's hurt. Assuming he's for next season. Is he any good?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Edit:

I see he's hurt. Assuming he's for next season. Is he any good?

Great defender and energy guy.

Houston is probably trying to see if they can get his 3 point shooting respectable enough to where he can be in rotation for them imo.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

For sure. Ever since the signing of KCP, ownership handed the keys to Klutch.

I give Jeanie and the ownership group credit, because Ballmer can easily squash them financially, so to even the playing field, enter Klutch operating the team.

As long as the Lakers stay mom and pop shop, it’s going to rely heavily on Rich Paul and Klutch steering clients to the Lakers.

Agreed. I'm hoping they break LeBron off something post playing days or get Paul involved in the Lakers bc like you, I don't trust the small pockets (and minds) of current brass/ownership. But kudos to Jeanie for knowing to ceed the power.

Eventually guys like Simmons and Trae are going to be FA's... we need to milk that Klutch relationship
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thetraeyoung/status/1276641579479052292?s=21

👀

Come to Klutch Angeles, Trae.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

👀

Good find SD, now we need Tatum and Giannis to sign with Klutch and we would be set in Rich Paul finding a 2nd star to pair with AD in the post-LeBron era.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

👀

Good find SD, now we need Tatum and Giannis to sign with Klutch and we would be set in Rich Paul finding a 2nd star to pair with AD in the post-LeBron era.

Wonder if Bron will join the front office or flat out buy the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

👀

Wonder if Bron will join the front office or flat out buy the Lakers.

He is pretty far down on who can buy the Lakers, I wouldn’t see AEG passing.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

Allonzo Trier just got waived, should pick him up
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/clutchpointsapp/status/1276249190281080832?s=21

Ballmer’s net worth now more than the next 11 wealthiest NBA owners combined.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Allonzo Trier just got waived, should pick him up

YES.

Kid can score now and you can groom him to be a potential 6th man level scorer
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4600, 4601, 4602 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4601 of 8560
Jump to: