Woj: Avery Bradley Will Sit Out Orlando
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
Can’t say I blame him. But this further proves this whole restart is a joke. Even if we won, or whoever, no one is ever going to give this year validity. Just scrap this crap.

We dumped all our assets for a post-prime LBJ and one year of AD. Scrapping this year is not good for us.

1 year of AD is based on what? you know for a fact that he is not signing with us?

There's an old saying that goes like this: A mother tells his son before going to the park "If those kids don't want to play with you, and it's your ball, you take that ball away from them and come home".

I think lebron is going to use AD as leverage for us to extend his contract. If Jeannie doesn't want to then he's going to take AD with him.

Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
Can’t say I blame him. But this further proves this whole restart is a joke. Even if we won, or whoever, no one is ever going to give this year validity. Just scrap this crap.

So do we wait until there's an effective therapeutic or vaccine?

It’s a fair question. It might have to get to that. So what’s happens to this tournament if by chance a top player, Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis, etc gets covid. We just delay the series for 2 weeks? And judging by how it now seems a daily new player testing positive, it’s bound to happen.

Can you imagine, Game 4, Lakers Clips, LAL up 2-1 and say AD test positive. The potential ****show this has in the making is insane.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Start Alex Caruso

100%
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:

It’s a fair question. It might have to get to that. So what’s happens to this tournament if by chance a top player, Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis, etc gets covid. We just delay the series for 2 weeks?

If a player gets sick, he has to sit out until he recovers. The games will go on without him. Doesn't matter if the player is a reserve or a superstar -- same rules for everyone.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

It’s a fair question. It might have to get to that. So what’s happens to this tournament if by chance a top player, Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis, etc gets covid. We just delay the series for 2 weeks?

If a player gets sick, he has to sit out until he recovers. The games will go on without him. Doesn't matter if the player is a reserve or a superstar -- same rules for everyone.

Even with stricter guidelines it could happen to anyone at anytime, the just or unjust. That's why we can't think the sky is falling because AB is out. Having a tournament covid free is like expecting a thread on LG to be free of political talk.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

Even with stricter guidelines it could happen to anyone at anytime, the just or unjust. That's why we can't think the sky is falling because AB is out. Having a tournament covid free is like expecting a thread on LG to be free of political talk.

True, any team -- including us -- could lose players to covid. But still, we start at a disadvantage if key players decide to not participate.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Having a tournament covid free is like expecting a thread on LG to be free of political talk when a once in a century pandemic that’s killed more Americans than WWI is going on.

FIFY
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

My playoff rotation

McGee-12/Dwight-12/AD-24
AD-16/Morris-20/Kuz-12
LeBron-40/Kuz-8
DG-30/KCP-10/Wild Card-8
KCP-20/Caruso-28

Wild card=Waiters, Q.Cook, Jr Smith....Rondo.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
My playoff rotation

McGee-12/Dwight-12/AD-24
AD-16/Morris-20/Kuz-12
LeBron-40/Kuz-8
DG-30/KCP-10/Wild Card-8
KCP-20/Caruso-28

There is no reality where Caruso plays more minutes than Kuzma. Kuz already plays more minutes than both Caruso or Bradley. I think people are really missing the obvious here that the most likely player to pick up more minutes is going to be Kuz.

KCP quietly has played the 3rd most minutes on the team behind AD and Bron. He should get the start. We need to have Rondo as PG and either Waiter or Caruso as SG options off the bench. That leaves us under sized, but if we add JR we get a bit more size and more shooting off the bench to replace the starter minutes KCP and Kuz will soak up.

Losing AB sucks, but it's not nearly as devastating as losing Dwight would be.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Not to be rude, but you clearly haven't been paying attention for the last four years. The only way to fix this is at the ballot box and even with a "blue wave" in November and some responsible adults in power around January 2020, there's still probably idiots running Texas, Arizona and Florida actively telling people not to wear masks.

You're not being rude. You're actually making the same point I am. This problem COULD be fixed. But hasn't and won't be till 2020 best case scenario.

The shortest distance between where we are and where we should be is a unified legislative and executive branch making and enforcing law that can properly combat this pandemic in our country.

Until that happens, sadly everybody will have to make the screwed up decision between $ and health.

Ballot box... you know what Obama, Trump, and Biden have in common? A penchant for funding more prisons and arming the police with military grade weaponry. Sonic cannons, shock grenades, Lotus helicopters, and chemical (tear) bullets. The very same that pacified and scattered peaceful protesters in Lafayette Park. Ballot box? Go back to sleep.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:

There is no reality where Caruso plays more minutes than Kuzma.

Sure there is. It's a positional issue. Kuz isn't going to play guard, so he's not going to grab the minutes that Bradley vacates. Caruso might.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
My playoff rotation

McGee-12/Dwight-12/AD-24
AD-16/Morris-20/Kuz-12
LeBron-40/Kuz-8
DG-30/KCP-10/Wild Card-8
KCP-20/Caruso-28

There is no reality where Caruso plays more minutes than Kuzma. Kuz already plays more minutes than both Caruso or Bradley. I think people are really missing the obvious here that the most likely player to pick up more minutes is going to be Kuz.

KCP quietly has played the 3rd most minutes on the team behind AD and Bron. He should get the start. We need to have Rondo as PG and either Waiter or Caruso as SG options off the bench. That leaves us under sized, but if we add JR we get a bit more size and more shooting off the bench to replace the starter minutes KCP and Kuz will soak up.

I like the 3 to challenge for the 8 wildcard minutes, but I'd still plan for a shorter rotation. That includes not justifying Javale's 10 minutes and being the bad guy in asking him to stay home. You end up with:

38 min: James and Davis
28min: KCP, Green and Kuzma
20 min: Caruso, Howard and Morris
Rondo the 12 non LBJ min, again wildcard 8 min

KCP 28/Rondo 12/Caruso 8
Green 28/Caruso 12/wildcard 8
James 38/Kuzma 10
Kuzma 18/Morris 20/Davis 10
Davis 28/Howard 20
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Ballot box... you know what Obama, Trump, and Biden have in common? A penchant for funding more prisons and arming the police with military grade weaponry. Sonic cannons, shock grenades, Lotus helicopters, and chemical (tear) bullets. The very same that pacified and scattered peaceful protesters in Lafayette Park. Ballot box? Go back to sleep.

I'm tempted to go down this rabbit hole with you. And dissect the false equivalency your first sentence implies (between those 3 men). But I'll pass.
FWIW, I've had serious concerns about policing and the prison industrial complex most of my life.

Last edited by kikanga on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
My playoff rotation

McGee-12/Dwight-12/AD-24
AD-16/Morris-20/Kuz-12
LeBron-40/Kuz-8
DG-30/KCP-10/Wild Card-8
KCP-20/Caruso-28

I like the 3 to challenge for the 8 wildcard minutes, but I'd still plan for a shorter rotation. That includes not justifying Javale's 10 minutes and being the bad guy in asking him to stay home. You end up with:

38 min: James and Davis
28min: KCP, Green and Kuzma
20 min: Caruso, Howard and Morris
Rondo the 12 non LBJ min, again wildcard 8 min

KCP 28/Rondo 12/Caruso 8
Green 28/Caruso 12/wildcard 8
James 38/Kuzma 10
Kuzma 18/Morris 20/Davis 10
Davis 28/Howard 20

McGee needs some mins.. he's length and speed in the starting 5 is a big advantage. Besides, D39 is the one that might not play.....
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

I do not take an issue with AB's decision, but I gotta say, this does put a dent in the team's armor (literally, as in defense).

We lose a viable option to help pester opposing guards, who could also hit a 3. Considering the team's identity is defense first, looking at JR Smith to me is not an appealing option as a replacement.

This also means likely more Rondo than it does AC (even before COVID, we know coach preferred Rondo over AC most of the time). And as much as we love AC, there were games where his defense just was not cutting it (e.g. individual matchup), and AB would often be the plug for that.

Frustrating because I honestly felt this team was really gelling and getting into a ryhthm, especially AB. If I was looking for a replacement, I'd see if there is any type of player who is more defense minded and is not shabby at a 3...not sure there is one out there available. But I'm not a JR fan (and I'm not just talking about his bungled play in the finals) as a replacement for him, I just see it as a significant downgrade on the defensive side of the ball.

But, we are at where we are at. I'm hoping we pull something better than what I'm reading
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Start Alex Caruso

100%

Time to fully unleash the GOAT
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
J.R. Smith to the Lakers may not be a done deal. Add Nick Young to the list as a possible replacement for Avery Bradley. According to one of Young’s best friends - Swaggy P has been contacted by the Lakers.

How does Laker Nation feel about Swaggy P possibly joining the LAL? 👀

https://twitter.com/showtimeforum/status/1276269952270360576?s=21

Slim pickings and I always liked SwaggyP but if I’m the Lakers I would not touch 2020 Nick Young or Jamal Crawford.

JR is not the ideal choice but he is > than Young or Crawford imo.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
J.R. Smith to the Lakers may not be a done deal. Add Nick Young to the list as a possible replacement for Avery Bradley. According to one of Young’s best friends - Swaggy P has been contacted by the Lakers.

Slim pickings and I always liked SwaggyP but if I’m the Lakers I would not touch 2020 Nick Young or Jamal Crawford.

i personally prefer Iman Shumpert
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Iman Shumpert also an ok option. I really hope they aren’t really considering Young or Crawford.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Iman Shumpert also an ok option. I really hope they aren’t really considering Young or Crawford.

yeah. I checked and JR is 34, N young is 35 while Iman is 29. plays defense too
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

I don’t think Nick Young or JR Smith are that far off as far as bringing Impact to a team but the big thing is that JR has familiarity with LeBron which should give him the edge.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn’t mind if Young is back with the Lakers, it would be cool to see him play here while the team is a title contender.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don’t think Nick Young or JR Smith are that far off as far as bringing Impact to a team

Nick Young played his last NBA game in December 2018, and JR played his last NBA game in November 2019.

If we're going to sign players based on nostalgia, why not ink James Worthy to a contract.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:05 am    Post subject:

Whether it's JR or Nick, they probably won't crack the rotation anyways.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Whether it's JR or Nick, they probably won't crack the rotation anyways.

To state the obvious from a purely B-ball sense, that is the problem with Bradley not playing,

Somehow the Lakers need to fill his 24mpg. Somebody will be playing it.

What do they contribute? How does it change the dynamic of the team? Doubltful any replacement will have the same defensive energy or impact, so what does a replacement add?

This is not any different then when a end of season injury occurs during the playoffs in any other year. Lakers have plenty of historical examples with Kobe, Magic , Cooper or even Malone injuries derailing a playoff run.

If they have a season the Lakers will need to adjust. And we still have not heard how many others from other teams will choose not to play or show up with half assed effort because their hearts are not in it. Too many questions to be answered to have any definitive idea of who will fill mpg.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: